:( I posted a novel on this site the other day regarding...

Posted , 1 user is following.

sad I posted a novel on this site the other day regarding my dihydrocodeine dependance and changing G.P etc. After 1 day of trying my newly prescribed 120mg dhc continuous tablets I feel dog rough. I asked my new G.P would I have any withdrawl affects and she said no. I cant figure it out. The dose was checked so it was the same as what i'd been taking myself (12-15x30mg per day) only difference is that its the timed release version.

I was SO looking forward to starting this new action plan my G.P has given me. That may sound strange but Ive been lost for so long and this persons thrown me a lifeline.

After 3 hours of feeling awful this morning I reached for the 30mg pills and swallowed 3 of them, sobbing as I did it.

Dont wanna take them but I couldnt stand the withdrawl symptoms again.

I could of easily continued taking them for the rest of today but I resisted.

Has anyone else had the same experience? I'd really value someones advice right now! em xxxsad

[i:0bb283fe05]This message was automatically imported from the original Patient Experience[/i:0bb283fe05]

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I too am addicted to dhc 30mg, I can get dhc 90mg release as well and I can interchange between the two types. I crush the 90mg ones up, so the affect is similar. It is possible to give them up, but you gotta want to... I don't want to. For me there isn't a problem with the pills, there is only a problem without them.

[i:75ce681d70]This message was automatically imported from the original Patient Experience[/i:75ce681d70]

• Posted

hi im on 8 30mg a day i have cut it down to 2 a day how i did it is i just cut one tablet in half every 5 or 6 days and graually come down just like that it worked perfect you do feel slightly elevated pain for a few days but then it settles down then do it again and again untill you are off them alltogether or stay on a lower dose i hope this helps you::cheers:

[i:a8ad196496]This message was automatically imported from the original Patient Experience[/i:a8ad196496]

• Posted

I'm going through dhc recovery. Was addicted for 4 years, gradually working upto 40 x 30mg tablets a day. I would seriously recommend you ask about going into rehab or detox, as dhc is in pure pharmacutical form, it is v difficult to come off them alone.

I went into a 5-day detox clinic, coming off them was the easy part, keeping your sanity afterwards and not going back on them is the hard part!

Have done 5 and a half weeks, and am still fighting, so it can be done!

You have to want to come off them though, I nearly overdosed, which was when I realised the problem was bigger than I wanted to admit.

Continuous release tablets don't give you the hit your body is used to, which is why you feel rough!

[i:2ddae31a1c]This message was automatically imported from the original Patient Experience[/i:2ddae31a1c]

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.