Skip to content
Ad

Dihydrocodeine

Also known as Co-dydramol, DF 118 Forte, DHC Continus

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Addicted Help

I have been taking dihydrocodeine again for the last couple of months .I was on them twice before and got addicted and weaned myself off with the help of dr first time and 2nd time i went to a detox unit through my local team and now i can't believe it that i've done it again . I buy it online...

Last reply
  • Dihydrocodeine addiction.

One last thing I need to say and then I'm outta here. I'm reading a lot on here about dihydrocodeine addiction...it's as bad as heroin addiction. Drug addicts...etc etc. Well, here is the truth, absolute. If you take dihydrocodeine at a high therapeutic dose for say 3-4 weeks daily, then...

Last reply
  • Addicted to dihydrocodeine help!!

Hi everyone. Right long story short I'm addicted to DHC I'm taking 30-40 a day (yes very bad I know) I have taken the plunge and spoke to my GPs who gave me the number to a substance abuse place in my local area, I have also spoken to them. They wanted me to wean off them properly not go cold...

Last reply
  • Methodone now on dff118s

Hi l am a mum of 5 left on methodone for 14 years went to orkney for hoilday run out of meth they don't do it up here so ok they gave me dff118s been off meth for 27 days not going to lie it was hard no help other then tablets down to 3 a day .scared as when l run out going to feel well crap.as methodone...

Posted
  • The day has come- enough!

I'll try and keep it succinct. After years of taking co-codemol for genuine back pain I've moved up the tolerance and strength ladder and now I take dihyrocodiene. I'm sick and tired of the cycle. Long gone are the days it's an enjoyable drug. It's survival now. I need them not to...

Last reply
  • The day has come- enough!

I'll try and keep it succinct. After years of taking co-codemol for genuine back pain I've moved up the tolerance and strength ladder and now I take dihyrocodiene. I'm sick and tired of the cycle. Long gone are the days it's an enjoyable drug. It's survival now. I need them not to...

Posted
  • Worried

Hi I joined last year to get some real information due to my partner telling me after a horrible accident at work he got addicted to dfs and when he couldn't get these he used herion , I was shocked but wanted to help it was to late he has went to his doctors and got on a methadone program, on here...

Last reply
  • Dihydrocodeine withdrawal and side effects

Like many others on this site I have had a nightmare ride from these drugs. I wasn't told that they were addictive when I started them or I would not have started them. Started on 8 a day but did not help with pain so I persevered but when I stopped them the trouble began so I went back on them at...

Last reply
  • Dihydrocodeine Withdrawal

I am starting this new thread because I am having what i believe are different withdrawal symptoms to most everybody.  I have been taking Dihydrocodeine for just over 6 years now, I started on a high dose and have taken varying amounts over these past years. I took them for pain relief from Cauda...

Last reply
  • Please don't judge. Dihydracodiene advice

I've been on dihydracodiene for a few years now 60mg 3/4 times a day. I and 28 weeks pregnant and yes I've cut down and tried to take them less frequently but is hard! The doctors haven't been very helpful in the way of advice just saying that I have to give birt. In hospital (wanted to...

Last reply
  • Df 118 withdrawl

Hi, my name is Stevie and I've been hooked on painkillers on and off for about 10 years. Cocodamol 30's dihydrocodeine 30's. I was up to about 20-25 a day until June 9 2017 when my doc delayed my script, which meant I had nothing till Monday 12 June. It floored me, and I'd had enough,...

Last reply
  • I HAVE BEEN PRESCRIBED THESE DIHYDROCODIENE 30MG TABS 2 ...

I HAVE BEEN PRESCRIBED THESE DIHYDROCODIENE 30MG TABS 2 4XDAILY =8 A DAY,AS A RESULT OF SEVERAL MUSCULAR SKELETOL INJURIES SUSTAINED IN AN RTA MAY 1984. AT FIRST THEY WORKED AND AFTER A FEW MONTHS THE EFFECTS STARTED TO WEAR OFF, SYMPTOMS OF LOWER BACK PAIN IN THE KIDNEY AREA, SWEATS, HOT FLUSHES, MOOD...

Last reply
  • addiction

Will someone please help me ? i was prescribed DHD after knee surgery 3 yrs ago with my dosage being six ,30 mgs per day. Iam over my knee pain but have found it hard to stop the DHC i now take anything upto 18 aday just to get the BUZZ they give cos if i dont have them i cold turkey so bad i thurts...

Last reply
  • 3 days cold turkey from dhc

Hello I don't think I have ever realised that I was in fact a drug addict not until I came across this forum. The drug of choosing was dhc. I started taking it when I had a sore neck and wondered why it was never getting better. The realisation came that I didn't need the drug I was just scared...

Last reply
  • Dihydrocodeine put me in A&E

Hi I was prescribed Dihydrocodeine for arthritis and after taking the tablet I experienced severe pains in my upper abdomen like contractions. This lasted for 3 hours and hurt like hell so I decided not to take another. A few weeks later my arthritis was so bad I decided to take another tablet so I...

Last reply
  • Long term effects of taking Dihydrocodeine 60mg 4 times Daily

I was put on Dihydrocodeine 6 years ago for Crohn's Disease, I take 2x 30mg four times daily, I'm starting to notice my memory is getting really bad, I know what I want to say but can't remember the words I'm looking for. I also have no sex drive at all. I also suffer from sciatica and...

Posted
  • 14 days off Dihydrocodeine-PAWS

I have been on some kind of Opiate for 2 years. Lastly Dihydrocodeine for a year. 8 a day but sometimes up to 12 (30 mg, no paracetemol). I did a fast taper dropping 1 a day until none. Strangely and gratefully, the withdrawal wasn't bad at all. I had very minor stomach upset, sneezing, and no energy...

Last reply
  • Dihydrocodeine giving me migraines!

Hello! I mainly want to know if anybody else has had migraines when taking dihydrocodeine for chronic pain? If I don't eat enough when I take my dose they give me a horrible migraine and I can't function. Thanks!

Last reply
  • Can dihydrocodeine fail to work at all?

Im in the middle of a double fight with sinusitis and migraine. My last migraine was almost a year ago and I was given dihydrocodeine which totally voided the pain and left me in a very happy mood. I was prescribed dihydrocodeine for the pain as I was last time but after 3 doses it's having no effect,...

Posted
  • I'm coming off Dyhydrocoedine after 10 years.

After 10 years I'm starting to come off Dyhydrocoedine 60mgs moderate release. I am a MS sufferer and in the early days I suffered with so much pain. 10 years a go pain wasn't recognised with MS so I had no choice to try my Dad's Dyhydrocoedine and it helped. Problem is I have continued to...

Last reply
  • Stobban

Hello Fellow sufferers, Sitting at my computer at the moment with my spine giving me a lot of aggro; although I've taken my medication and not much relief; so it must be the weather as at present it is cold and wet. Doctors in the U.S.A. believed this to be a fact that weather does affect Arthritic...

Last reply
  • Remedeine/Dihydrocodeine 30/500

I have been very interested in reading the posts regarding these tablets. It would appear that people are overdosing themselves unnecessarily. I have had these tablets prescribed for about 5 years, they are to treat severe spine & hip pain due to osteo arthritis. The label states NO MORE THAN...

Last reply
  • How can i get off of dihydrocodeine

I have been taking dihydrocodeine and tramadol together for over 10 years after injuring my spine. I am now very badly addicted to them and it is seriously ruining my life How can i get off of them the easiest way possible?

Last reply
  • DHC cold turkey - severely allergic to them! Advice?

It's been so good to read through so many posts on DHC...well, here's where I'm at with them... Been taking them 8 a day for ,6years for pain and I have become severely allergic to them this week and had to stop cold turkey. And it's miserable. It's been 3 days 14 hrs down and I've...

Last reply
  • Co-Dydramol tablets - can they be causing me tremors?

I am four weeks post op from a total knee replacement and have been prescribed the above for pain relief - and the pain is considerable.  However I am also suffering tremors, which I had slightly before the op, but they now seem to occur more regularly and are much more noticeable - am wondering...

Last reply
  • 19 years on dihydrocodiene.

After an accident at work Iwas in severe back pain.Iwas given this drug to stop the pain.It eased it so at least Icould move about.After 12 months the medication was changed.After 3 days Iwas in hell.Icould not stop crying constantly, and it was not through pain.I was crying and shaking, just could...

Last reply
  • Codeine addiction - overcome for the last time?

Hi. I just wanted to share my expereinces with regard to codeine addiction. I have noted that some threads talk about codeine not being addictive - I could not disagree more. I have been taking dihydrocodeine and co-codamol on & off for about 4 years. It started by self medicating - I had a nerve...

Last reply
  • Need help with withdrawel

Hi, I have been taking DHC for years, I usually take 6 30mg every morning, sometimes 8, I don't take anymore throughout the day, I know to most people this seems such a low dose, but I'm scared, I want to stop, but I don't know how to be normal again   I need to wake up without...

Last reply
  • Side Effects Of Dihydrocodeine .

Hi Guys , I've been on 4 x 60mg of DHC since 2011 when I had an operation on 3 of my lower discs .Then in 2012 I contracted sepsis and was on a Life Support Machine for 3 weeks - during that time I ' died ' for several minutes but I was either revived or my heart re-started on its own -...

Last reply
  • Getting off of Dihydrocodeine

Hello, I have been on DHC now for about 4 yeas for a hip problem. I take other medicines with them (Tramadol and a morphine patch) but it's the DHC that I have become addicted to. I get withdrawal symptoms within 20 minutes of not taking them at the usual time and now I am having to take more and...

Last reply
  • Dihydrocodeine Wrecked My Life!

Before anyone takes Dihydrocodeine (prescribed or recreational) Please listen to what happened to me... I have worked for a GP out of hours service/Ambulance trust as an Urgent Response Assistant been sent to cat B/C trauma, accidents or anyone who sounded \"Urgent\" when ringing the...

Last reply
  • Co-Codamol & DiHydracodeine

30/500 Co-Co & 30mg DHC, each prescribed for up to 8 tablets a day.  Bottom line.....Can you take 8 Co-Co + up to 8 DHC in one day???

Last reply
  • easy peasy lemon squeezey

well i had toothache at work one day.........work at sea so couldnt get to dentist........one of my mates gave me a pile of 30mg tabs.....felt good after a couple...........the pills sat in a drawer til one day i had a headache........i remembered the pills in the the drawer.....took a couple.....and...

Last reply
  • Be sensible with the drugs prescribed.

I take tramadol, co-codamol and dihydrocodeine at the present time for severe pain. The codeine has been prescibed to me for twenty years and though they're not the strongest drugs thank goodness they give me relief. I suffer spinal, hip pain and because of this combination I live a normal life,...

Last reply
  • Why the lack of motivation

hi guys , I've done a few posts now , been on d for 15 years , my morning are still Sh** even though I take 5 at once. Why the achy stomach and knee and joint pain. I thought you only got that if you tried to wean off. Anyways if there's anyone who can shed some light for me I would be very grateful....

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.