Accidentally Taken Too Much Dihydrocodeine

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi, need some advice. Yesterday I accidentally took 4x120mg of Dihydrocodeine. I woke up with a blinder of a headache and intended to take some paracetamol. I went to the medicine cabinet and, in my half awake state, picked up a bottle of pills which I assumed were paracetamol (they were in the spot where the paracetamol normally are). After pouring some water and knocking back the pills, I went back to bed. About an hour or so later my body was extremely warm and I felt disoriented - this was when I realised my mistake. I went back to the cabinet and confirmed it certainly wasn't paracetamol I'd taken.

I spent the rest of the day completely out of it, I was dosing in and out of sleep all day. Last night I was vomiting and my head was completely all over the place.

I thought if I slept through this I'd be fine in the morning.

Got up today after a night of disturbed sleep and serious itching and feel slightly better but still a little sketchy - the worst thing is, I've not been able to pee and I'm constipated. I feel like I need to pee, but after 20 mins or so minutes of trying, I get no more than a dribble. In fact there is no movement downstairs at all, if that makes any sense without going in to too much detail

Will this sort itself out or should I get medical advice?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Dont worry about it. You are still alive obviously as indeed one would expect. Just drink plenty of water and forget about it.

• Posted

It will pass. You definitely do not to see a Doctor.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.