Now im in quite abit more of a pickle so to speak.

Posted , 4 users are following.

Rite.. long story. My names alex am from southampton so as south as you can get. I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia a few years back which then led to the dr prescribing me DHC gabapentin zapain sertraline pregabilin. Although these were alternated for a couple years and now on sertealine pregabilin and dihydrocodeine. As ive wrote beforw my DHC habit has worsened this year tremendously which has equalled me using my 200 prwscribed tabs with in 2 weeks then buying DHC from various websites at anfordable price. However i now have an unlimited source of diazepam 10mg which are amazing but building up a tolerance faat so am now taking 5 at a time. Question is does anyone know id this is dangerous or just abit of recreational play? Answers welcome from anyone.

PEACE.

A.J.T

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

Hi Alex, 

I would say that this is excessive and definitely will do damange to your liver in the long run. Have you spoken to your doctor? 

• Posted

Thank you for the reply emma. If i was to say i take the ceiling dose of DHC which is 340 mg and 40mg diazepam would that be atleast less damaging? Are you a taker yourself? No havent spoke to dr about the dizepam but have told him about the DHC . I am waiting on to pick up an ECG machine as i do have palpitations. How ever if the dr thought i was taking dangerous amounts of DHC then surely he wouldnt of given me my precription on that day? Thank x
    • Posted

I was taking a lot of beta blockers and DHC. Just taking the DHC now but halved my amount over the past week, only just got over the headaches to be honest! Gone from 12 a day down to about 6. That’s true they wouldn’t prescribe them or they may have asked you why you need them again 
    • Posted

They prescribe them because i have fibromyalgia and low testoserone which os horrible look it up. Plus my old man died and when i askes for sumin stronger they denied my prescription so there jist chucking as much as i want i suppose
  • Posted

Hi Alex. I was in the same situation as you 12 days ago. I was taking up to 60 x 30mg dhc per day. Prescribed and buying online too. I did some research, and gabapentine works wonders for withdrawals. As I have nerve damage, I decided to go see dr and get gabapentine prescribed (not fussed at the mo about my nerve pain just wanted an easy ride getting off dhc) I didn’t even taper. First morning took my usual dhc, then went to bed. Woke up took 900mg gabapentine and it helped amazingly. Obviously I was bed bound for 2 days or so. I then took 300mg x 3 per day as prescribed. And I’m on day 12 with NO withdrawals apart from sneezing and little shivers. My energy levels not great, emotions are a bit wild but for 5 years my emotions were blocked with these horrible dhc I was taking. Pregablin work the same. Im not a dr , but google gabapentine and opiated WD and walla :-) let me know what you think. 
    • Posted

My god bex thanks for replying i feel like an idiot now as i was on gabapentin and HDC but then because i had problems weeing they took me off gabapentin and put me on pregabilin!! Which all that does for me is increase my heart rate n feel scatty. I still have the weeing problem which is now found to be me at my age 27 an inflamed prostrate! But thanks for your advice im gonna go straight to the doc and change the pregabilin. So yes thank you for telling me i shouldve stayed on it and slowly cut down on yhe DHC? Will let you know how i get on xx
    • Posted

Also as i am on diaepam do you have any tricks on how to get the best out of the buzz so to speak?? Anyone with this advice please reply
    • Posted

Hi Alex. I didn’t taper . My last post wasn’t clear . I just stopped dhc completely and then moved onto gabapentine which helped give me no withdrawals from a big dhc habit, I’m on day 12 with NO dhc but taking 300my gabapentine 3 x a day. I sneeze and have a little shiver every now and again. But that’s it. If you google using gabapentine for WD it really is amazing. 
    • Posted

Ahh ok so completly off it. Very interesting i think i will book a drs appt and ask about then. How old are you if you dont mind me asling and have you damaged anything atall due to the abusing of dhc?
    • Posted

Hi I’m 33. Went for a full blood count kidney function test etc last week, not had any calls from drs yet so seems good news. Don’t ask the dr about using gabapentine for dhc withdrawals as they have no knowledge , we’ll my dr didn’t anyway. She said they wouldn’t help and just refered me to sms in a months time. I felt disheartened leaving the dr. But she did prescribe me gabapentine for my

Leg as I get uncomfortable nerve pain there. But I’d alresdy done my research on using it for dhc wd. Trust me if you was to stop taking dhc all together, and start taking just gabapentine or Pregablin (this is much stronger though) maybe use for bed time. Then you won’t go through withdrawals. I think I’m on day 13/14 now no dhc but continue to take my prescribed amount of GABA for my nerve. Did u manage to look up using gaba for opiate withdrawals? If you look it up in “blue light” these forums are amazing and just normal people like u and I 

• Posted

Please be careful with the diazepam its very very addictive and once your hooked that's it they call it dietox when trying to cut you off the benzos you don't want to go their ,don't use them every day and try cutting down before too late ,I wish you luck ,from someone whose been their its a very very dark place !!

• Posted

Hi Tez. I rarely use diazepam type meds on a regular basis. If I do it’s after a night out :-( so I couldn’t answer Alex question on the subject. Apparently WD from diazepam can be just as bad as coming off opiates. Try take them less Alex or you’ll have another problem to deal with . If it’s for sleep try other OC medication. Phenergan is a good sleep aid although I’m unaware of any risks it may have

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.