19 years on dihydrocodiene.

Posted , 3 users are following.

After an accident at work Iwas in severe back pain.Iwas given this drug

to stop the pain.It eased it so at least Icould move about.After 12 months

the medication was changed.After 3 days Iwas in hell.Icould not stop crying constantly, and it was not through pain.I was crying and shaking,

just could not do anything. Iwas put back on dihydrocodiene. It all went

back to what seemed to be normal just after ashort time .(15 minutes)

As time went by other things happened, such as mood swings short

term memory loss .Not being able to consontrate, like doing one thing

and getting distracted within afew moments even if the original task was

more importent. I would get up in a morning take my stuff and be asleep

within minutes. The same on most times Itook it.There are other things

like 19 years on Ineed as well as my regular doses I need to take smaller

inbetween smaller doses to keep me from going crazy even at 2 in the

morning.There is lots more I could say, but there does not seem to be

any more space. DO NOT TAKE IT FOR VERY LONG, YOU COULD END UP

LIKE ME. REALY DOWN MOST OF TIME.

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Earlier this year I entered post telling how I had been on dyhydrocodiene for 4 years and was taking 30 30mg pills a day.

So here's the update, I got myself down to ten a day, then 5 a day, then cold turkey.

I am now at day 16 no meds at all, and I can honestly tell you it was pure hell getting here.

Each day I am feeeling better and better, am so glad to be off those pills.

If I can do it, you can too!

I smoked weed to help me reduce and stay off.

Good luck all.

• Posted

Fantastic news well done and only anyone who's been there can understand the hell you've been through, best of luck for the future 💖

• Posted

thanks waking each morning feeling more and more human again, haven't felt like this since I got on them damn pills.

By the way it was galbladder surgery that got me on them in the first place.

Just now started to sleep through the night, and stopped stolling after two weeks of it.

To all out there, don't give up just stop you can do it!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.