Addicted Help

Posted , 4 users are following.

I have been taking dihydrocodeine again for the last couple of months .I was on them twice before and got addicted and weaned myself off with the help of dr first time and 2nd time i went to a detox unit through my local team and now i can't believe it that i've done it again . I buy it online from online drs and i surf the net and get it from different drs .I'm spending loads of money and i'm so scared and disgusted witj myself .I can't tell anyone coz as i have done it before and nobody would understand .What do i do Xx help me someone x i'm scared xx

1 like, 31 replies

31 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Can I ask why you where taking them in the first place?

I'm sure you know this but if your buying them off the Internet they could be mixed with anything and that's not good as you dont know what your withdrawing from.

Now you've came off meds twice before so you CAN do it again, set a day to start your taper and go very slow to avoid unnecessary withdrawals and make sure you take care of yourself while you do this, 

Keep hydrated, try and eat little and often, hot baths, push yourself to go for walks this will help with sleeping, magnesium is good for muscle cramps I would definitely recommend it.

I hope this helps, please keep in touch but also try and find someone close to you to confine in and help you through, were always here to help 😊

• Posted

Hi Caroline x thankyou for replying and all your advice X i have set myself a starting day to reduce and i will use all your tips on my journey x can i ask if you have ever been addicted to them and what your story is ? I was first prescribed them for pain as i had a torn ligament removed from my left knee and i'm waiting for a kneecap replacement but i just take it now for the buzz although i'm still in a lit ofvpain with my knee x

• Posted

Im goim through the same thing frances and i feel your pain. Ive went through withdrawl manytimes but this time a took ma dad to the docs n now theyve gave me 14 a day from 60-80 a day and i just overdosed on the DHC 2 fatal seizures didnt stop me but this has scared me went into a comba n they told my family if i didnt work in a hospital add be dead. Im now weaning myself if them and won't go back even 14 dosnt give me my desired hit.. if a didnt have them add take tramadol to stop withdrawl. Trams coused the seizurez so please take someone with you to doc n sort your life out now or it will kill you. Theyve taken ma bank card away too which best thing they culda done ?

• Posted

Go to the doc frances with mum or dad n get them ti take control of your pills n bank card. Ive had to seizures n overdosed on DHC drug of choice. The only reason im alive n telling my story is coz a work in a hospital n the found me with blue lips if they didnt surviveme there n then add be dead n left the love of my life behind 8year old son n a loving family. Od was 3 weeks ago but a woke up with no drugs in me cravingssend me on a drug binge for 2weeks n this me just realising what had hapoend a had a mentle break down. This 1st 5days taken only what doc has givin me. I predictedmy death at 36 n it came 6years b4 a thought it would happen... i feel like av been reborn met a new friend that's also looking after me.. stop now b4 it kills you.. ive been on drugs a long time n im finally lookin at living a drug free life. This just the start of ma journey n i will SURVIVE FOR MYSELF AND SON x

• Posted

Hi Nelly X thankyou for taking the time to reply to my post x I have been addicted to DHC twice before and i can't believe it's happened again x i'm gonna start reducing from Monday as working the weekend and i need to be off work to start ....just in case i feel ill x I have told my counceller about it and i will go to a drug rehab sort of place near me and they can advise me x I have no mum and dad as i'm 56 and they have both long gone and there is no way i can tell my hubby x he wouldn't be able to deal with it x i will tell my sister and maybe see the dr or someone with her x good luck in your journey and i feel so much better to know that i'm not the only one X keep in touch and maybe we can do this together hun ? Xx

• Posted

Hi l no how it feels methodone 14 years not had none for 27days which is good put on dff118s cut down to 3 a day as l was taking alot feel bloody horrible let alone getting no help God sake people go into rehab joke mum of 5 feel so alone so l really do no how u feel
    • Posted

hi natasha x why have you not had any methadone ? i'm guessing you were on a programe ? it's an awful adiction hun isn't it Xx takes over your life doesn't it ? keep i touch and maybe we can help each other Xxx

• Posted

Hi thank u so glad someone got back to me.l went to Orkney islands for a break run out of meth.as was only sussposed to be there a week.got stuck there for 19 days they do not do meth up here.so ended up at hospital.where they gave me dff118s l could not belive they held me.so thought this is good can get clean here l am 4 weeks later l left my ex who had been living with me after mental abuse took my kids moved 851 miles back up to Orkney missing home but felt l had to go.no one really like me up here now down to only 2 tablets feeling crap big time not good no help not even from my drugs worker yet 14 years most people go to rehab joke feel so alone no one gets how l feel hate meth never take it again but these dff118s l am worried.what will happen when l have none thank u Tasha
    • Posted

Who gave you the df118's hun ? Was it the hospital ? You need to regester with your dr in the Orkneys and tell your story and they will have to put you on some kind of a programme x they can't just leave you the way things are with you xx hope you are ok my love xx

• Posted

Been in contact it can take up to 21 days only got one left now and my little boy has school and got to sit in with him.joke most people go in to rehab not just get left alone.yeah the hospital gave me them then doctor up here 180 tablets now I've took over the last 4 weeks.so l am guessing l am feeling crap now coz of dff118s or even still dextoing still off meth even no had blood test come back the meth has left my body now.this is crap and unfair they must no how hard it is to do this on your own at home well in a new place.feeling lost just want it over

• Posted

You need to get to the drs and get some more or go to the hospital x you can't be left to go cold turkey coz it't dangerous x go to a walk in centre if there is one near you xx how many kids do you have ? Xx

• Posted

5 all in all but my 2 of my boys are 19 17 one in army one doing marine bio at college driving degree.so got 3 with me 15 8 year old girl and 3 year old boy.is it really that bad coming off dff118s as be honest it scares me let alone knowing l am still going though withdraws off meth.4 weeks and one one day longest ever off methodone after 14 years done it by myself.but now got these dff118s and keep reading bad things what about u how u doing xx
    • Posted

Can l give u my number as don't no anyone else who knows what l am going though it's nice to talk to someone who dose thank u x

• Posted

hi Natasha x yes you can give me your number and we can talk about this x i think it will be ok for you comming off df118's as you've only been taking them a short while x don't get yourself into a panic because that can make you feel bad and you'll think it's the meds but it will be you getting yourself in a mess x i still think you should go to the dr and ask for them to help you come off the meds slowly x if you do it that way it will be easy x so don't panic xx get your kiddie to school and get to dr xxx

• Posted

I have been an idiot and i have been buying meds on line and i still have been drinking and smoking and to be honest trying to kill myself x the other day i had df118's and tramadol and drink and i was halusinating and talking to people who wern't there and i fell asleep on the loo and fell off and hurt myself x i know it sounds funny but i also burnt my leg coz fell asleep having a fag outside x i have scared myself and stopped drinking and smoking and i'm cutting back on the meds too x i have had a dental infection so not been very well and on angibiotics but now i feel a bit better so gonna wean myself off and live a healthy life x i want to see my kids and grandchildren grow up Xx

• Posted

Thankyou x got your number and will call you when i have some time on my own x don't know how things got so bad x it just kindda crept up on me and i have no help at the moment but i'm gonna get some but not from my dr because she will judge me x i need to go to the place i went to last time which is a local hub which deals with drug and alcohol xxx i have to or i will kill myself xx

• Posted

Don't say that your kids need u and u have so much to live for l am here if u need me l no what it feels like to feel like u can't go on but u can u are stronger then u think.we are still here fighting don't give up xxx

• Posted

I'm sorry i could have worded that better x i meant that if i don't start to sort myself out i will kill myself by accident with drugs and drink x i have no intention of actually killing myself on purpose x but a big thankyou to you for caring and messaging me those lovely words x i know you are a lovely kind person just by your reply x thankyou hun xx i will ring you when i have some time to myself xx we will get through this Xxx

• Posted

hi hun xx how are you feeling today ? Xx hope all goes well for your son at school x it's a shame you live so far away now or we could have met for a coffee and chat X i live in Southampton X

• Posted

Hi how are u thank u for your kind words to.had awful night took 40mg of dff118s so on 3 a day but it made my eyes hurt bad headache sleeping was werid felt like someone was with me it sounds mad.dont get it my friend sent me 50 tablets as getting no help don't want to go up maybe that's why l feel so s**t.moving back to Cornwall this is not working out.plus l lose my house.so u are not that far from my home town Brighton.feeling so s**t don't get it withdrawing all over again u seem lovely l wish l could help u to it's a s****y life l no but we are strong l no this as to come this far says it battling with this evil horrible habit .It's so wrong l want the law to change with methodone should be used short term .when l am on my feet untill my last breath l will fight to make a change and help others like me.not some dick who gets it out of a book joke xx

• Posted

I know what you mean about feeling like someone was with you x it's freaky isn't it ? X when are you moving back to Brighton ? X i have got up and dressed today and have been out food shopping so at least that's an improvement as i have been in my pj's since Saturday X i'm glad you've got something to help until you get home X then get some help to get off the df118's x i'm gonna try to go to my local hub this week or next to get off this s**t X want a normal life without meds xx i will give you a ring this week sometime Xx who are you staying with at the moment ? Xx

• Posted

With a friend but he don't get it feeling so glad u understand need help no one up here helping me joke thank u l hope u are ok and l hope u get some help xx

• Posted

Hi Natasha x how are things x not spoken for a few days and i was wondering if you are back home yet ? I have put my neck out so just been stuck on the sofa watching TV all day x fed up with it now x gonna struggle to get in the bath in a while x are you back home and on the methadone programme again ? X keep in touch X

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.