Addicted to pain killers please help 😔

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi all,

I’m new. I’m addicted to dihydrocodeine and I hate it. I don’t take as much as what I’ve read others do but i have to take about 5/6 30mg pills with my morning coffee just to feel normal and then i half the rest and take one half maybe every half hour until I’ve taken 8-10 pills in a day. Recently I’ve noticed that I waken about 4-5 am with severe agitation, sweating and I NEED the pills. The pain of withdrawal is awful. Any of you had success beating this and how did u do it? The pain of withdrawal is enough to make me take a few pills so I don’t see a way out of this. I’m nearly 34 and I’m so scared I’m going to die. I drink occasionally Aswell (like once a month) but I’m

Now starting to worry I’m gonna go to sleep and not wake up. Any help or words of encouragement would be appreciated,

Anna 

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi Anna, I completely understand where your coming from 😔 I'm in the same situation and feel stuck, I started taken for the pain I'm in on a daily basis and now I'm in a rut!! Why don't we try cut down half a tablet a day and help each other out by supporting and encouraging each other to get through this? I'm 36 and don't want live like this 😔 X

• Posted

Thankyou so much for replying. Supporting each other sounds like a great idea. Do you mind me asking how many you take a day? 

Anna xx

• Posted

Its worth a try, I'm on 10 a day. We will get through this xx

Moderator comment: I have removed the email address as we do not publish these in the forums. If users wish to exchange contact details please use the Private Message service.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.