* IS THIS NORMAL? abnormal tissue lining the vagina

Posted , 5 users are following.

I was wondering if someone would be able to help me... probably 2-3 weeks ago I started noticing how abnormally lumpy the inside of my vagina felt. I’ve tried to take a look myself but I find it quite difficult to do at home. I noticed this weird skin tag like little lump and have no idea what it could be. I also just think that my hymen tissue looks odd and somewhat irregular. Would someone be able to tell me if it’s normal/not normal? 

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

If it is a skin tag you may be able to treat it yourself with a TagBand kit. Search TagBand online. Proceed with caution, though, as it's not usually advised for sensitive areas. However, I used it quite near my eye and it worked without too much discomfort. It takes about 3 weeks for the unwanted skintag to die from lack of blood supply. No cutting or stitches and no scarring after another three weeks or so.

• Posted

Hi, honey. 

Hymen comes in all shapes and sizes. I’m sure you’re normal. My hymen has always looked a little odd, too. No need to worry. 

As far as the skin tag-like lumps go, they could have many causes. 

Are you sexually active? 

• Posted

Hi Sarah! ive only ever had one sexual partner (my current partner of the last 12 months) but we have had unprotected sex. Is it normal to feel quite rough and bumpy at the entrance of the vagina though?

To my knowledge he has never experienced any sexual health issues, but its obviously still a possibility it could be something infectious. 

• Posted

Hymen is something that exists only in virgins. Are you still a virgin?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.