“Little inflammation.”

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hello!

So I had a colonoscopy done and got the results today.  The message he left was that the biopsies didn’t have anything of concern and I had a “little inflammation.”

That is the part that confuses me.  What does mean?  Do I have a IBD or no?

Anyone have any insight?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hello,

Did you have the colonoscopy in the UK on the NHS or somewhere else? I had one in January and was given a report showing the inflammed areas and notes as to what was found. The doctor told me that I either had IBD or Crohns straight after the procedure but I am still waiting on the biopsies results to confirm which one it is.

• Posted

When Inhad my first colonoscopy they confirmed straight after that I had UC. Maybe it would be an idea to ask them exactly what your diagnosis is. 

Ruth

• Posted

See, why must I have to go through these extra steps of having my medical records given to me from the medical records office and then have to deciefer the information myself online! 

Isn’t this what they pay the doctor’s the big bucks for!?

In any case, I’ve made an appointment with my GP for this week.  Let’s see if I can get any answers.

On top of not feeling so well, we have to go through hoops and put in half the work in trying to figure out what’s wrong.  This must only be in the US.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.