(male) loss of sex drive

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi on Cit for 4 months, I have had most of the side effects, but the loss of sex drive is the worst, the wife used to call me a sex pest as always horny however I would rather have a cudle now!!! ( she is pleased) feel closer now, I can still get an erection and can last for ages but hard to ejeculate.

I guess being happier is a better deal, I do still get panic attacks, even today was going to drive to the hospital instead of work but pushed through.

I have lost about 6 llbs as well which is never a bad thing, I fell longer is needed to become totally better so the sex will have to waite

x

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Unfortunately this is a very common side effect, losing your sex drive, and it's one that doesn't go away until you stop the medication again.  It's a small price to pay for being well again, and when you've been well enough for a long time you'll probably decide to stop the medication ....... so it's only temporary.

Cuddles are great and as you say, makes you feel so very close.  Lucky wife ;-)

Losing weight too!  :-)

You could also eventually reduce your meds to a smaller amount, enough to maintain your well feeling, and see if that helps with the lost sex drive.

K x

• Posted

K, thank you for your reply, I would hug you too If I could, Its is nice to have a reply from an understanding lady. I actually think I need to increase my percsription and had a really bad painc attack yesterday, which has continued into today. Life goes really well and you think, Wow I feel normal again, I think the tablets are working, then BAM shortness of breath dizzy numb fingers and total Paini for no reason why so ever, it never gets less scary.

thank you againbiggrin

• Posted

One thing to note as well though, that as you're recovering on this medication you will get ups and downs with your mood and it'll feel like you're back at the beginning again.  It will pass if you wait ...... sometimes it doesn't warrant having an increase in dose.  Most people have these ups/downs which are a pain, but they will get less as time goes on and you'll feel more up than down.

Thanks, the 'cyber' hug was good enough confused

K x

• Posted

Hi,

Totally know what you mean man! As I has said before, it just goes to prove that, part if not all, of our brains are most of the time mostly in our pants! There is a real connection to in the human male. We are after all programmed by nature (God, call it what you, as an individual wish to call it!) to reproduce and "Vive la difference!" as they say! When, however, we have a little break down in the connection between brain and the thiing that, sadly, mostly for some of us, totally drives us, our male being, purpose etc., is suddenly brought into question. How can you continue to beat yer chest, strutt yer stuff when you know you can't deliver!

To be honest Dude, I ain't "delivered" in 4 months (I guess t'would be worse if I was a postman!, but I digress) and you are right things have changed. To me, in a way, after decades of being, although sensitive to the opposite sex, after one thing my whole being and reason for has changed!

There is more love, thoughtfullness, caressing, less pressure and with no ejaculation has come no complaints only compliments and a closeness. That in itself (and all the compliments) makes me feel more of a man!

I do look forward to the day when I may, you know, come what may! I certainly ain't gonna worry about it, life is getting better and love is more pure.

All the Best and great you were man enough to give another man the chance to join the debate!

Regards,

David

• Posted

David, you're comments are true and hopefully others will come to understand and open up to.

thank you again and good luck

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.