Skip to content
Ad

Citalopram

Can you help? Discussions needing a reply

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Success on Citalopram😁

I just wanted to feed back to you all how wonderful I am feeling week12 on citalopram 20 mg This is my second time on this drug since 2013. With hindsight I should never really have come off it but stayed at a very low dose . I spent hours..again ...researching the internet in the early stages. This...

Last reply
  • tolerance?

I have been on Citalopram for approximately 5 years.  I actually mostly have been trying to get off it for most of that time but never had success even with super slow tapers.  I have been sticking with the same dose - 20 mg - for at least a year, had some stress with work and am now experiencing...

Last reply
  • 40mg citalopram week 2

Hi, I've upped my dosage from 20mg to 40mg in the last two weeks starting at 10mg back at the beginning of august so in total I have been on the pills around 7 half weeks. I don't know if the jump from 20mg to 40mg was too much of a jump but I didn't think the 20s were helping me enough....

Last reply
  • When people just don't get it...

I have a bit of irony in writing this post. I've had a big blip over the last few days because I found my boss was painting a rosy picture of work and it turns out that it has been a lot of hot air. I know we/I shouldn't take things personally but when you are feeling very fragile (as we are...

Last reply
  • Citalopram long term use, exhaustion

Hi I have been on Citalopram for a long time, like 8 years. I take 10mg per day. I am not sure it is doing much but Im too scared to come off them.  I am wondering if anyone has experienced extreme tiredness on them? I know in the beginning they make you feel sleepy but my exhaustion has become...

Last reply
  • When do you know if citalopram just isn't working?

I am in that panicked state of ruminating about whether citalopram just isn't working for me or whether I haven't given it enough time. I finished week 12 - 1 week on 10mg, 7 weeks on 20mg, 4 weeks at 30 mgs. I have experienced almost every side effect possible but they seem to be slowly lessoning....

Last reply
  • Coming off Citalopram

Hi all. Just wanted to share recent experience. I have been on Citalopram for 6 1/2 years, due to anxiety, depression and panic attacks (the usual). Left my profession of 16 years because of my illness, now in education and really happy. On 20mg at the moment which is fine. Run out once or twice, over...

Last reply
  • Increased Citalopram dosage.

Hello - newbie here. I was diagnosed with depression and prescribed 10mg of Citalopram at the end of June. This was after struggling with the disease for almost 8yrs. I had reached rock bottom and needed help. I had a few side effects; shakiness/tremor, indigestion, constant yawning, but these disappared...

Last reply
  • Why we always feel worse in the mornings

I have always wondered why we feel at our worst in the morning and better in the evening. I have been looking around and here is the reason.  It is the cortisol which is the stress hormone. Shortly after awakening, a sharp 38–75% (average 50%) increase occurs in the blood level of cortisol in about...

Last reply
  • Citalopram and propranolol

HI, please can I get some advice re the mix of propranolol  40 mg and  20 citalopram. feeling medicated tired and so fed up feeling yuk i was taking venlofaxin years ago slow release but this time dr put me on venlofaxin ( non slow release) which made me feel awful, I'm considering asking...

Last reply
  • Coming off citalopram. :(

I've been on 20mg citalopram now for just over a year. I decided to come off about 3 weeks ago as I had started to feel so much better, which I put down to a combination of counselling and the drug which really did do wonders for my depression. I actually hadn't realised quite how bad it was...

Last reply
  • Celexa and Long Term side effects, Stories?

Hello everyone, my name is Gary (welcome gary, now here's your pin.)  I was one of those kids in the late 1990s who was put on Celexa. I was 16 at the time and my parents figured it would be a good move as i was struggling emotionally and diagnosed with depression (as opposed to a 16 year old...

Posted
  • Celexa (citalopgram) , treatments and advice please.

So I recently months ago was diagnosed with anxiety due to stress maybe as well a traumatic experience and it's been ups and downs a huge rollercoaster of a life changing event to me growing up without such diagnosed disorder etc my question is I was once on hydroxyzine but my PCP took me off that...

Last reply
  • Does citalopram improve sleep longer term?

Hi there... A question for longer term citalopram users - has citalopram improved your sleep longer term? And if so, how long did it take? I started developing sleep problems 12 months ago which heightened some existing 'moderate' anxiety and depression. I know that when I sleep well both...

Last reply
  • 2.5 months

Hello all,      I just want to update everyone on my progress. I started on Cit right before July 1st. I have been through it all. Right now how I feel. I'm also a school teacher teacher two new subjects this year.       Before school started I was quite alright....

Last reply
  • Citalopram and mirtazapine combo

Hi All, I'm just wondering if anybody takes mairtazapine and citalopram together? I was originally on mirtazapine but the weight gain was to much so asked to swap to citalopram. My doc agreed and I started cross tapering. I went to 15mg mirt and 20mg citalopram and felt so amazing and lost weight...

Posted
  • citalopram made me smell like i was decomposing.

It was my 2nd attempt using these pills.The first which was 2 years ago was totally problem free however,just 4 weeks into this time round and although the pills made me feel amazingly happy they also made me smell like i'd died...litterally!this went on for almost 2 months. I never made the connection...

Last reply
  • Judgement and doubts

This isn't strictly about citalopram - more of a general subject of anxiety but I have been in this group for ages and feel comfortable posting in here. I have been on citalopram for 6 months. I can now say I am happier and more myself and I don't have the constant agony of my anxiety. The doubts,...

Last reply
  • Want to quit Citalopram after 2 weeks

Hi everyone i developed health anxiety a couple of months ago after being ill a lot in a short space of time. my anxiety about my health is quite severe and gives me  scary physical symptoms very similar to the symptoms of MS.long story short I became obsessed thinking about every twinge and it...

Last reply
  • 6 weeks and feel worse than ever

Hello, I've been on Celexa (what it's called here in Canada) for 6 wks and feel absolutely horrible. Nauseous, jittery, jumpy, scared, depressed, intrusive thoughts, pressure in my ears. I was feeling better around the 4-5 week mark but now this. I feel like I'm in hell. The panic attacks...

Last reply
  • Citalopram Works! 😀

I have been taking citalopram for 7 weeks now. The first 2 weeks I took 10mg and now 20mg. I should have gone on them sooner and waited until my anxiety was severely debilitating. Everything was making me panic and I was experiencing lots of physical symptoms. The first 2 weeks were the worst. I actually...

Last reply
  • Long term citalopram use? And how to lose weight on SSRI?1

Hi all Two separate questions really. I've been on citalopram since about 2009/10. They have totally changed my life. In that time I've come off them 4 times and gone back on them within a matter of months. I never manage to stay off them. Before I started them my whole life was filled with...

Last reply
  • Weight gain on Citalopram ?

Hi Everyone After three years of being on Citalopram I'm now successfully off meds and only been off two weeks but all going really well.im hoping to lose the extra four kilos I gained whilst on the meds. Has anyone had success dropping unwanted kilos once they came off the meds and if so how long...

Posted
  • Found this on another anxiety website...

Maybe it can help.  Just things when you feel a panic attack coming on..  Basically when you feel an attack coming on look at something in front of you ideally square or rectangle shaped. And go from left to right top to left to right bottom so your eyes follow a pattern Then reverse the...

Posted
  • Anyone taking the cit two times as day...what I mean

I have been upped from 30 to 40 and dr said take 10 when I get home (around 4pm) to start it in my system and then 40 from now on.  My question is does anyone split their dose morning and afternoon maybe 30 morning and 10 afternoon to try and alleviate side effects or does it make any difference....

Last reply
  • Is this just a blip?

Hi, I've been on citalopram 10mg for 7 weeks tomorrow, I've been feeling a little better for the last 3 weeks but for a couple of days now been feeling low again, anyone been through the same experience? Is this a blip? Thanks x

Last reply
  • 20 mg celexa and body tingling

I started celexa 10mg for 8 days then dr uppped my dose to 20mg and today is day 15 all together.  Last night I fell asleep around 10pm woke up wide awake at 11pm with my whole body arms and legs tingling, shaking and cold sweats, has anyone else experienced this?

Last reply
  • 2 weeks of citalopram

3 months ago I was on top of the world, great job, amazing husband, lovely children, new home.  It hit me like a wall of bricks, it came out of nowhere... now I  am struggling...depression, anxiety. Been signed off sick for the past 2 months. Started citalopram 2 weeks ago. I feel like it will...

Last reply
  • Weight gain after coming off citalopram

Hi all, can anyone agree with me the fact that when you come off citalopram you actually put weight on? Please anyone, if you have experienced this please let me know, cos I think I'm going mad 😳

Last reply
  • increase of citalopram from 20mg to 40 mg!

I started talking citalapram about 8 weeks ago after suffering with sudden anxiety which started to make me feel depressed. I was such a wreck at the time that I took myself to the docs for help and they suggested a 20mg dosage. I had horrible side effects to start with nausea, dizzyness, lost a stone...

Last reply
  • Citalopram Need help. Stay on or come off

Hi Been on 10mg now 20mg of citalopram for 3 weeks now and I am getting so depressed I was only put on these meds for anxiety just don't know what to do stay on them or come off . My doctor is away now for two weeks. I am also losing some much weight can't eat. Help needed please.

Last reply
  • Increase dosage feeling. Worse than before

Hello I have been on a constant dose of citalopram  for two years+ years now. I have been feeling amazing and happy and was ready to come off the medicine(so I thought). I dropped my pill by half (20mg) which I thought was the proper way to do it. Sadly I was not able to get an apt with my doctor...

Last reply
  • M68 M68

Anyone NOT had any side effects on Citalopram?

Hi there, After much deliberation, talking to just about anyone I could find and generally scouring the internet for information, I have decided to go with the Docs advice and take Citalopram, starting today. And then I found this site.... Has anyone NOT had any side effects on this? It is making...

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.