Skip to content

Citalopram

All discussions in this group

Next
  • shane23112 3

Best time to take Citalopram?

Hi All, I take my Citalopram at 9 pm as it typically makes me sleepy. However the morning anxiety is still hell after nearly 5 weeks. Wondering if it might make sense to take it at 6 pm. Perhaps sleep thru the anxiety a bit.. if I take it earlier. Grasping at straws here. This morning anxiety is debilitating!...

10 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • loz2505 2

Citalopram dose increase

I'm a newbie here after some reassurance, been on citalopram for several years but since January I've had increased stress and this resulted in weekly panic attacks. Doc put me up to 30mg 4wks ago and I thought I was getting there but panic attack again returned. So a wk ago doc upped me to 40mg,

10 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • shane23112 3

Anyone at 4 weeks on Citalopram?

Hi love to share some war Stories! I am feeling like hell today. 4 weeks next Monday (in 4 Days! ) Anxious, headache, chest discomfort, weary, feels like a hangover of the worst Kind! The hope I am hanging onto is that occasionally evenings I feel better and Citalopram does help

12 replies 1 vote Last reply
  • shane23112 3

3 weeks in at 20 MG celexa/citalopram now.

Any feedback on when side effects start to diminish? Stated at 10 mg for a week now at 20 MG for 2 weeks. Feels like one long weird hang over with morning anxiety thrown in daily. Exhausting!, Thx in advance for any words of experience and support!

18 replies 2 votes Last reply
  • Rangers3131 2
  • MediumNeil 2

Is my dose too high?

I've been on 20mg for 5 weeks now and i dont feel like im getting anywhere. If anything my anxiety feels the exception of evenings where i feel slightly calmer. Is my dose too high? Or not high enough? Please help me

11 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • ingrid18508 2

Citalipram withdrawal - new to group

Help !!! 10 yrs ago due to a divorce the GP advised 20ng and then upped it to 40mg. 6 months ago I decided with my GP that I no longer needed to be on this and do started the withdrawl process . If only I had been advised when being put on this medication what it would be like to stop and become

13 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • gillian176 3

Success on Citalopram😁

I just wanted to feed back to you all how wonderful I am feeling week12 on citalopram 20 mg This is my second time on this drug since 2013. With hindsight I should never really have come off it but stayed at a very low dose . I spent the internet in the early stages.

119 replies 4 votes Last reply
  • Sally 66 3

Do I need to increase my dosage?

I've been on 10 mg for nearly 3 years and have tried to come off it without success. Recently my anxiety and depression has become really bad and is affecting my family. I am particularly concerned about my 10 year old son. The causes of my depression are many but I suspect a lot is job related -

4 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • eric28362 2

Help as I started upping dose on meds

Good morning, I hope everyone is having a better day. About three weeks ago, I was put on Prozac for my OCD anxiety and depression. After four days, the doctor switched me because the pills were just awful. He switched me to citalapram. At first I was on 10 mg for a week and then he upped me

12 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • john059 4

Hoppy Easter Everyone

Hi everyone. Day 34 since I quit taking Cit. Still feeling crappy though. Thought I was over the top last week as I felt really good for 2days. But took a step back but hopefully will start feeling better soon. Enjoy your day everyone

8 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • Boyinterupted 1

Citralopram 10mg for 3 weeks and need all the help you can give!

I don't know where to start. The more I read everyone's posts I feel hope and more panic all at once. Like a lot of other people who come here for help I feel just about hopeless. I know there are also others who have survived to find some peace and I hope it is one of you that can shine some light

• claire9486 2

Day 1 of 20mg Citalopram-feel awful.

i got prescribed 20mg Citalopram tablets yesterday. i started taking them this morning and about 3 hours after taking it i had an upset stomach, my vision went blurry, i had the sweats. nausea, my Mum had to come and watch my 18 month old. most of the symptoms have worn off now apart from the

8 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • brittany10788 2

Please help! Feeling down today

Ok guys. I've had great luck the past two weeks on 10mg. My doc only gave me 14 pills bc she wanted me to go up to 20 after that. I decided not to go up be I am feeling so great. So I broke the 20mg in half the last three days and I'm right back where I started. Anxiety in the morning. On edge.

7 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • emma800627 2

increase of citalopram from 20mg to 40 mg!

I started talking citalapram about 8 weeks ago after suffering with sudden anxiety which started to make me feel depressed. I was such a wreck at the time that I took myself to the docs for help and they suggested a 20mg dosage. I had horrible side effects to start with nausea, dizzyness, lost a

25 replies 4 votes Last reply
  • 916 2

Advice please!! 9 weeks on citalopram

I've been taking Citalopram for 9 weeks now and I'm still not seeing any improvement. If anything I feel like I'm getting worse. I just don't feel like I'm getting anywhere with It at all. I upped my dose about 4 days ago to 30mg. Starting to think that this isn't the right medication. If it is

34 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • nicolapix 2

Citalopram vs 5thp

Hiya. Anyone else trying 5thp? Been on antidepressants for 15yrs. Last two years 50 mg of citalopram. I weened myself to 10mg then stopped cold advised but what I did.

7 replies 2 votes Last reply
  • olivia30027 2
  • M68 2

Anyone NOT had any side effects on Citalopram?

Hi there, After much deliberation, talking to just about anyone I could find and generally scouring the internet for information, I have decided to go with the Docs advice and take Citalopram, starting today. And then I found this Has anyone NOT had any side effects on this? It is

5045 replies 33 votes Last reply
  • Kang05 3

Heart skipped beats

Hello all on Citalopram for anxiety. I've been taking 20ml daily since the beginning of January. It's the second time I've been prescribed this medication. Does anyone else get skipping heart beats? I feel it in my throat and it makes me more anxious and of course I check my pulse which is stupid

6 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • karen96311 2

Citalopram and nausea??

I've recently had my meds changed (venlafaxine xr to Citalopram) after a breakdown. The crisis team monitored me and I had the usual side effects/withdrawal they were bad but I got through it. Im on day 8 taking 40mg Citalopram only but I'm waking on a morning feeling nauseous right through to

3 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • hanneman 2

increase from 20mg to 30mg question

Increase question. I increased from 20 to 30mg 11 days ago to hopefully clear up some lingering anxiety. Since then i've had night sweats, slight detached feelings, slow mind and also some weird episodes of racing thoughts but these were only for a few minutes. Is this not long enough to let the

• betty47942 3

So thankful for posts that talk about success...big or little!

I was about ready to check out of reading posts until I came across Gillian's positive I know we need to vent, and I've done it, but it seems like nearly all the posts were doing nothing but causing me even more discouragement and wondering if I should stop taking this med. Others

6 replies 1 vote Last reply
  • anne92030 4

citalopram/ numbness one side of the face

hello, ​has someone experienced a numbness of the face , muscles weakness even the eye while taking citalopram, thank you for your response, i have to see the doctor but i doubt he will tell me it is the dont know i feel it is the also have pain or increase sensitivity

4 replies 1 vote Last reply
  • mitzyv123 1
  • Leah1990 3

Week 12 citalopram

Hi I've not been on here In a while because I've been feeling great! But the past couple of days I've been feeling sick and increased anxiety. I've not had any anxiety for weeks so this has come as a surprise to me. I just wondered if this has happened to anyone else? I'm on 20mg

14 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • Mrsfro2008 2

Drug Induced Ear Ringing - Citalopram

Hello All,  2 weeks and 5 days ago, I started taking Citalopram 40mg. I was told by several pharmacists, psych docs, and a neurologist that this drug was dosed way too high by my primary care doc. This should have been titrated up over a period of several weeks. I took this pill 2 times and

5 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • zoe62821 3
  • tina89895 5

somebodyhelp me

i have been on night out with my work colleagues, /I;ve been drinking which is not a good idea but I moss my husband who died in july i thought what the hell and went for it. I feel absouutley rubbish now drinking is not he answer I will have to stay up now until I sober up. I hate my life and wish

26 replies 1 vote Last reply
  • smallfry 2

Coming off citalopram. :(

I've been on 20mg citalopram now for just over a year. I decided to come off about 3 weeks ago as I had started to feel so much better, which I put down to a combination of counselling and the drug which really did do wonders for my depression. I actually hadn't realised quite how bad it was till

1767 replies 21 votes Last reply
  • maisie16541 1

will my anxiety get better?

Hi. This is my first post on here, i have felt encouraged by reading this forum. I started cit 4 weeks ago for having bouts of health anxiety. I started on 10mg. As soon as i took the tablet my anxiety went through the roof. I had about a week where i found it very difficult to eat or sleep but

41 replies 5 votes Last reply
  • beckylili 1

How long does it take for citalopram to ease extreme anxiety

I have been on citalopram for 6 weeks and thought last week I was making some improvements but last night I had the palpitations and restlessness and again this morning. I am on 20mg and been on them in the past but a struggle at the moment as been off work for 7 weeks with it and keen to get back

14 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • disco123 2

How long does Citalopram take to work?

I've been prescribed Citalopram 20mg and have been taking it for 3 days now. I don't quite know how this works, but it's making me very anxious, gives me a dry mouth and fatigue. Is It to soon to see any changes? Should a give it a week or two?

119 replies 9 votes Last reply
  • Mrb223 2

Citalopram 10 then 20 now 30mgs

So i've been on citalopram for nearly 7 weeks now. Within that time i got moved up after 2 weeks from 10 to 20mg and then after about 4 weeks i've now had 5 days on 30mg. I'm staying away in a hotel as i type this and haven't felt great today to be honest. I took my dose at 9pm as usual and felt

12 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • craig79129 1

25 male, feel alone, found this forum need help :(

Back when i was 18 is when my social anxiety started to take its didnt know what was hsppening and tried my hardest to get through im 25 now and a month or two ago i finaly hit rock bottom i couldnt hide it anymore, i had my first panic attack at work (office) which was a huge eyeopener

5 replies 0 votes Last reply
Back to top Next

Forums Terms & Conditions