Skip to content

Citalopram

Can you help? Discussions needing a reply

• 2731 2731

Weaning

I just want to thank those of you that gave me good advice and told me your own experiences with this medication and made me aware that I wasn't imagining all the crazy side effects! I'd like to just put a heads up out there to NOT come off these tablets really fast like I did. I spent a long...

• citalopram

hi been on 20mg for 2 years now but lately i was getting anxiety alot again i therefore upped the dosage to 10mg for few nights then 5mg other nights dont get me wrong i felt a whole lot better no anxiety but the weight all of a sudden went on me so i completely stopped the nighttime ones and immediately...

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Citalopram hell of a time! :(

Had citaloram after my first born, was great, weaned off it and have a year just had my second child. So age one and three. At Christmas I just woke up and didnt really want to get out of bed. Restarted to take the drug in January 10mg, upped to 20mg as felt not a great deal better. Now seeing a private...

Last reply
  • 9 weeks on citalopram

Hi, I have been taking citalopram for 9 weeks now (10mg for 2 weeks and 20mg for 7 weeks) and I would just like to know if I am making progress.  I have found that I am feeling less anxious and tired and am able to get up early in the morning without feeling angry/irritable, and I am also feeling...

Last reply
  • Sertraline to citalopram

Switched from 100mg sertraline after being on 4 weeks...to 20mg Citalopram 20mg. Feeling ok..maybe better..soo not sure.. Any positive feedback? Every time the sertraline was upped.. It worked for a short period then would just stop.. Praying this will be the one that helps.

Last reply
  • M68 M68

Anyone NOT had any side effects on Citalopram?

Hi there, After much deliberation, talking to just about anyone I could find and generally scouring the internet for information, I have decided to go with the Docs advice and take Citalopram, starting today. And then I found this site.... Has anyone NOT had any side effects on this? It is making...

Last reply
  • Citalopram 4 weeks

Hi everyone, First time posting in here. I was diagnosed with depression quite a few years ago, after a series of self medicating through alcohol etc. I have been on and off citalopram for a few years too. At first I battled with the idea of needing medication, as I thought it was me being stupid....

Last reply
  • Insomnia

Hi I’m new here - although been hovering reading a lot of information about Citralopram.   I’ve been on it 5 weeks at 10mg.   I have the worst insomnia.  I have been prescribed Zopiclone which I try not to take.  I was going to take one tonight but dropped off and woke too late to...

Last reply
  • New to citalopram

Hello everyone! So today I went to the doctors after suffering with anxiety and minor depression. She prescribed me citalopram 10mg and said to take them tomorrow morning once daily. Anyone got any tips or positive feedback on these meds please as I’ve just come off sertraline as they weren’t agreeing...

Last reply
  • increase of citalopram from 20mg to 40 mg!

I started talking citalapram about 8 weeks ago after suffering with sudden anxiety which started to make me feel depressed. I was such a wreck at the time that I took myself to the docs for help and they suggested a 20mg dosage. I had horrible side effects to start with nausea, dizzyness, lost a stone...

Last reply
  • Switching from citalopram to venlafaxine

Hello, been on citalopram for 13 weeks, got up to 40mg, but had to reduce to 30mg due to 5 weeks intense anxiety. Pysc suggested giving 30 a go for a few weeks, but recommended a staged dual switch to venlafaxine it it didnt work. Had a meltdown 2 weeks later with anxiety, and have been given diazepam...

Last reply
  • New to citalopram

Hi , I’m sorry as know this would of been asked several times but, have people suffered weight loss with ciatolpram ? As I’ve mainly had fluoxetine and been fine .  Any help would be great thank you 

Last reply
  • Nausea free

Got up this morning nausea free first time in 9 weeks yay 😁 cant believe how well i feel today been for my induction for the gym . To everyone who is still struggling keep going as there definately a light at the end of the tunnel . I also starting a group CBT training 4 week course yesterday...

Last reply
  • Weaning

I just want to thank those of you that gave me good advice and told me your own experiences with this medication and made me aware that I wasn't imagining all the crazy side effects! I'd like to just put a heads up out there to NOT come off these tablets really fast like I did. I spent a long...

Posted
  • Tapering off Citalopram and struggling

Hello to all. Here's my story. I was on Citalopram 20mg for 13 months and while it did help in certain areas, it didn't seem to be of enough benefit to remain on the medication. So, my doctor and I decided to do a taper in an effort to get completely off. I think the taper was too harsh as he...

Last reply
  • 15 weeks on citalopram

Hi everyone.....I'm now on 15 weeks of Citalopram, I've not posted for a couple of months as I've tried to keep busy, mostly decorating to keep my mind busy. I'm still struggling with anxiety, depression, panic attacks, isolation and not thinking clear at all, I do try to get out at least...

Last reply
  • Feeling annoyed

I have been on an upped dose of cit for 8 weeks now after a course of antibiotics caused a bad reaction after 3 days of being on them . My anxiety went through the roof for the first 3 weeks i was really bad then got back on track a bit better each day ,have been good until last night i foolishly watched...

Last reply
  • Is citalopram still working?

Hi, I’m new here,I have read many of the threads on this site( very helpful.) I have suffered from anxiety for many years not knowing what was wrong with me, until I couldnt take it anymore so seven years ago I finally went to my gp, he perscribed citaopram ( 10 mg) it made a huge difference in my life,...

Last reply
  • Nausea

I am still suffering with nausea this being my 9th week on 20mg cit . As i have posted a few days ago i have been given tablets by the doc but reluctant to take them . However i have taken 1 today it does eventually pass its just a horrible feeling and its getting me down . I never had this first time...

Last reply
  • Anxiety at 13 weeks

Hi i am still suffeing from anxiety 13 weeks since taking citalopram did your anxiety take longer to get better thanks jeff

Last reply
  • increasing dosage from 10 mg to 15mg thoughts

I have posted this already somewhere else, but wanted to see if I can get other responses. Hello Everyone,       I am rapping up my second week of citolapram.  I do feel a bit better, my wife says she does see a difference, small incremental difference but a difference none...

Last reply
  • Citalopram advice needed please

I’ve been taking 20mg of citalopram for two two and a half weeks. The first week was awful and I needed diazepam to help with the anxiety, the second week was normal but today I returned to work for the first time in four weeks and I woke with awful anxiety, it did get easier once I got to work but getting...

Last reply
  • How long does Citalopram take to work?

I've been prescribed Citalopram 20mg and have been taking it for 3 days now. I don't quite know how this works, but it's making me very anxious, gives me a dry mouth and fatigue. Is It to soon to see any changes? Should a give it a week or two?

Last reply
  • Only on 5mg Citalopram and prescribed Klonopin

Hi. I have had horrible start up effects with trying to get on an antidepressant for anxiety. I was on Cymbalta for years and it stopped working. My new pdoc had me start on 2.5mg citalopram for two weeks. Now I'm up to 5mg for another 2 weeks. She also started me on Klonopin .25 twice a day to combat...

Last reply
  • Side effects

I'm sorry if this has already been discussed on this forum before. I am just wondering whether other people have been feeling the same side effects as me after taking citalopram (10mg)? I have been on and off these tablets for over a year, but just recently started on them. I have been on them...

Last reply
  • Switching from Effexor to Celexa

I have been on a number of SSRI's including Lexapro (five years), Zoloft (made me panic), Paxil (was on five years but made me sleep all day), Effexor (I was not myself on it, making wrong decisions and anxiety was still looming), and finally Celexa.  I was taking 75mg of Effexor when the doctor...

Last reply
  • citalopram

hi been on 20mg for 2 years now but lately i was getting anxiety alot again i therefore upped the dosage to 10mg for few nights then 5mg other nights dont get me wrong i felt a whole lot better no anxiety but the weight all of a sudden went on me so i completely stopped the nighttime ones and immediately...

Posted
  • Citalopram withdrawal. Please advise on symptoms.

Hello. I need some advise pls. I started taking citalopram 10mg 18 months ago for health anxiety. I went 'cold Turkey last Wednesday so 7 days ago. I was feeling a lot better and I felt the time had come to stop. Since Saturday I have been having awful falling/whooshing sensations in my head and...

Last reply
  • Success stories of Citalopram please.

I have now been on 10mg Citalopram for 2 weeks, have to higher the dose to 20mg at the weekend, at the moment I am not feeling too good, hightened anxiety which the GP told me to expect, only sleeping a couple of hours a night and tummy upsets, I would love to hear other people's experiences with...

Last reply
  • I quit citalopram after a few days

I was able to deal with day 1 on citalopram.. the heightened anxiety, nausea,  spacing out.... I also experienced insomnia. As the days went on the anxiety worsened..  I decided to stop taking the Meds just because i couldn’t tolerate the side effects.. especially it being a bad time for...

Last reply
  • Feeling a bit better

After yesterdays blip watching a programme i shouldnt have i feel a bit better today . I have had nausea all day though which isnt very nice and appetite is at a low . I joined a gym today before work which i forced myself to do going swimming tomorrow .Its a bit annoying that my sister who also suffers...

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.