Skip to content

Citalopram

Can you help? Discussions needing a reply

• sue74917 sue74917

Morning

Morning everyone, hope you are having a better morning now the temperature has dropped a few degrees? Just wanted to share this with you, have just got back from seeing a very good GP and further to my post of yesterday re brand changes, he agrees that they can affect some people, also gave me some...

• Mama963 Mama963

Celexa and Buspirone

Does anyone take these two together?  My dr suggested I could try adding the buspirone to make the celexa work better.  Just a little leary of starting another drug.  Only been on celexa for 5 weeks.  Been okay for the most part--yes had bad side affects, but still getting anxious,...

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Coming off citalopram. :(

I've been on 20mg citalopram now for just over a year. I decided to come off about 3 weeks ago as I had started to feel so much better, which I put down to a combination of counselling and the drug which really did do wonders for my depression. I actually hadn't realised quite how bad it was...

Last reply
  • Citalopram and mirtazapine combo

Hi New to this. My gp prescribed me 20m of citalopram last week. I have taken it before (10mil) with no side effects but this time I am having extreme anxiety and insomnia. I have gone to a private gp now and he has given me 15m mirtazapine to help me sleep. One day on that and no sleep yet but I feel...

Last reply
  • Citalopram withdrawal.

I have been completely off citalopram about 4 months now. I tapered off from 20mg to 10mg and then 5mg for about a month. I didn't feel too much until I finally quit altogether and then had all kinds of problems. Dizziness, lethargy, sore joints. I felt lost, spacey and isolated. I just kept toughing...

Last reply
  • Side effects of coming off Citalopram??

Hi everyone! So pleased to have found this site. Been on Citalopram for around 20 years. 5 months ago thought I could be weaned off and went to see my Gp. I did wean off slowly with his advice. 2 months after or thereabouts I had dull aches in both lower legs which has gradually worsened, constant...

Last reply
  • Have made a decision

After being on 20mgs for nearly 8 weeks building up from 10, 15 to 20 over a space of 18 weeks, apart from a good 2 weeks, a week ago am now feeling worse then before I went on it so my decision is to see GP and tell them I want to come off, after a week of feeling constantly ill like I have the flu...

Last reply
  • 1st day

I'm on second day of sit. Feel horrible what should I do?                 Help please

Last reply
  • Impossible to Stop taking Citalopram?

Hello, I have been taking Citalopram for approximately 9 years. I was initially prescribed the 20mg dose which was increased to 30mg around 4 years ago and then, once again, increased to 40mg 2 years ago. I have tried several times to cease taking this drug in a variety of ways and have suffered debilitating...

Last reply
  • Beatta blockers

Hi can any one tell me if beatta blockers work .when going for a driving test. Do u have to be on a course of these tablets.

Last reply
  • Advice please

I could really do with some advice and reassurance from people who have been there. 6 weeks in 10mgs, 4 weeks on 15mgs and 7 weeks on 20mgs. Last 2 weeks I have been back to normal but since Sunday it has felt like I am back to the first few weeks of taking cit with regards to side effects, scalp tingling,...

Last reply
  • Celexa & Cough and Phlem & sore throat.

Hey Everybody!  So I went to the dentist today and had Part 1 of my Root Canal. It was severely infected 4 roots and its tooth B14. I did great with the novicane, I’m getting savy with the teeth! I’m still on the antibiotics for another week to clear up the Face pain and puffines. I did develop...

Last reply
  • day 17

Hi. I am on day 17. 10 mg for one week, 20mg thereafter.  I have been suffering anxiety following an illness for about 2 months now.  doctor prescribed citalopram. My anxiety had been worse, wakening up every hour with burning in arms and feet. Also constipated badly.  Can I expect these...

Last reply
  • Feelings of depression are back...

Hello friends, I have been on celexa for about 3 years now. I just increased to 40 mg about 5 months ago. Here lately, I’ve been feeling more blue. I have been crying during the day, feeling hopeless, just really sad feelings. It breaks me down bc I really want this medicine to keep working for me. Does...

Last reply
  • Best to start Citalopram on a very small does ?

Seems to be a lot of well educated Citalopram users on here so thought this would be a good place to start. I am considering starting Citalopram for my Anxiety.......its been pretty rough over last 12 months so after talking with my doc he said you could try these they really help some but dont suit...

Last reply
  • Day 17 on 40 Mg citalopram

Feeling like a rollercoaster the last few weeks. Celexa has helped me so much in the last 2 years but I feel like I’ve lost myself so much this time around. I’m so insecure and down all of the time. I have more good days than bad on the 40 MG. But today is one of those “bad” days. I’m also going through...

Last reply
  • Hi I just wanted some advise on depression

Hi I currently had quite a tuff year my sister had stroke was really ill nearly died was in a coma for 2 months! She survived 🙏🏻 I developed a need to turn to drink to deal with my stress! Have learnt to control it but still feel my days are quite  struggle some days I don’t even...

Last reply
  • Citilopram 10 mg Tablets

I have been taking 10mg of Citilopram tablets for some time now to combat depression. This has made me put weight on. Can anybody recommend slimming - weight loss tablets for me to take while I continue to take Citilopram tablets that will help me to loss weight. 

Last reply
  • The Harm Reduction Guide to Coming off Psychiatric Drugs

Good morning all. Hoping this morning finds you feeling well. This forum is really helping me, just reading through people's posts and seeing that I am not alone is a godsend. One thing I am noticing again and again are the posts where people talk about reducing or coming off their meds. So many...

Last reply
  • Cbd oil instead of anti depressants

hi am currently debating whether to start Citalopram for my anxiety or carry on with my cbd oil which has great reviews for anxiety and is supposed to work with your body rather than against it as modern. Medicines tend to do hence the side affects ? thanks.

Last reply
  • Re-started Citalopram - side effects?

Hi everybody, I was on Citalopram for a few years and came off them about 3-4 months ago and started back about 2 1/2 months ago, on original dose 10 mgs. The withdrawal was too much too bear. My anxiety is still bad with the all symptoms so many people on here have. Should it really be taking this long...

Last reply
  • Getting old

On 3 1/2 weeks of celexa. So tired of the sleepless nights and dont know how.much longer can deal with the anxiety attacks. They are worse than before i was on the drug. Brain burning feeling not good either. When is enough enough. Or try something else. I know it take 4-6 weeks hoping I can get...

Last reply
  • Citalopram increase then decrease

Hi there. My name is Nic and I used to be on citalopram years ago for anxiety and it saved me. Three months ago I had a massive panic attack that had me in an ambulance off to the hospital thinking I was having a stroke! I started taking 20mg citalopram again that next day. Felt more anxiety for...

Last reply
  • Has anybody had this?

Been on 20mgs for 6 weeks, total 18 weeks moving up 10 to 15 to 20. Have had a really good 2 weeks, back to fairly normal. Got new packet of cit, different brand, started them Friday and have 3 days of hell, all the start up side effects and more! I believe that it could be due to different generic brand...

Last reply
  • HELP

Please can anyone give me thoughts on the following I’m st my wits end now.... Every time I fall asleep i keep jolting like body. I’m getting discomfort in my chest just off to the left slightly.  Please can anyone relate as I’m so scare and a feeling ibd never exorurmved. I’m scared to sleep...

Last reply
  • Morning

Morning everyone, hope you are having a better morning now the temperature has dropped a few degrees? Just wanted to share this with you, have just got back from seeing a very good GP and further to my post of yesterday re brand changes, he agrees that they can affect some people, also gave me some...

Posted
  • Citalopram re-user - advice needed please☺

Hi everybody and thank you for reading. I am a bit confused about my symptoms and hoping for some reassurance please. I was on Citalopram 10mgs starting about 3 years ago after a health scare. They worked to the point where I didn't think I needed them anymore so I decided to reduce and finally stop...

Last reply
  • 9 weeks on citalopram

Hi, I have been taking citalopram for 9 weeks now (10mg for 2 weeks and 20mg for 7 weeks) and I would just like to know if I am making progress.  I have found that I am feeling less anxious and tired and am able to get up early in the morning without feeling angry/irritable, and I am also feeling...

Last reply
  • Anyone else?

I am week 17, 6 at 20mgs and was doing so well, fairly back to normal self with odd blip here and there but this heat is getting to me, feel nauseous, slight anxiety bubbling away and motivation to do anything gone. Anyone else suffering due to the temperature?

Last reply
  • Miss

I recently have been prescribed cit 10mg and I’m on day 2 today, I’m eager for them to kick in as my anxiety and depression has been the worst ever! I think iv actually had a mini break down, iv been experiencing lack of energy, loss of appetite, no motivation to do anything and general anxiety all day...

Last reply
  • Face Pain and Puffy!

Good Morning Everyone!🌞 Well here’s another blip and I need your help. During my 18 weeks I’ve had tooth pain and face pain come and go. Well last night it started again out of the blue! Go to the tip of your nose and go straight across 1 1/2” and that part of my cheek is puffy. On bottom side...

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.