Skip to content
Ad

Citalopram

Can you help? Discussions needing a reply

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Feel like giving up.......

I have been on celexa for 7 weeks now and I’ve been on 20mg for a week and a half for anxiety and depression.  The side effects have faded but the anxiety remains. I’ve had some good times but mainly bad. I wake up in full blown anxiety every morning and it can calm down occasionally. I just can’t...

Posted
  • How long does citalopram take to work?

Hi, I’ve been weaned off sertraline and started on citalopram 20 mg two weeks ago. My depression has lifted a bit but I’m having up and down days. It’s exhausting. My anxiety is now ten fold, if I go out with a family member anywhere I’m shaking like mad. I have social anxiety and Depression. How long...

Last reply
  • How long does Citalopram take to work?

I've been prescribed Citalopram 20mg and have been taking it for 3 days now. I don't quite know how this works, but it's making me very anxious, gives me a dry mouth and fatigue. Is It to soon to see any changes? Should a give it a week or two?

Last reply
  • 1 week citralopram

Ive been on citralopram for 6 days ands its making me have far worse anxiety, i was at least sleeping the first 5...and it halped slow my thinking but its giving me such axniety its unbearable...is this normal

Last reply
  • Day 8 on citalopram

Okay so some of you may know day 5-7 on citalopram I couldn’t shake the word cancer out of my head. Now today I seem to look at people and think hate towards them. I don’t personally hate them even the people I like. Is this normal and will it subside? X

Last reply
  • Citalopram and Loss of Sex Drive

Since taking 20mg Citalopram for almost 2 months now I have completely lost my sex drive. The medication has been excellent for resoloving my anxiety that I was suffering post a stressful 18 months being unhappy in a job. Are there any other men/women on 20 mg Citalopram that have noticed that Citalopram...

Last reply
  • Citalopram making me crazy

I’m on day 7 of citalopram, doctor gave it to me for anxiety and said I had mild depression. Into day 4 of taking citalopram my mind started to act crazy like fixating on certain words currently mine is the word cancer. I never felt this way before the medication, I’ve also lost a stone and a half. Should...

Last reply
  • Celexa and tinnitus(ringing in the ears)

Hi everyone!!! I might have posted on here a few times but has anyone ever gotten or noticed tinnitus from taking celexa I'm only on 10mg of celexa and I'm noticing some mild tinnitus that can get quite loud at times and some vibrations, full ear but mostly the tinnitus is getting quite loud....

Last reply
  • Day 5of citalopram

Hi, day 5 on citalopram.....i feel anxious, but its lessened the things that made me anxious in the first place....which i hope is a good sign!.

Last reply
  • Depressive episodes after 4 months

Hey .. I've been on 20mg of citalopram for about 4 months. I'm on it for panic / panic disorder and anxiety. My family doc is really bad. Not thorough, not engaged. So my anxiety has gotten better. It hasn't gone away, and it does manifest every day in some way.. whether it's a low impact...

Last reply
  • Celexa, will it work second time around. Please only positive...

Hello, I was on Celexa 3 years ago for about 8 months for A/D due to PAWS from Alcohol. I was up to 40mg and my life was completely back to normal. I tapper off and my life was great. And no alcohol. That lasted two years and due to a very tragic event in October all my Anxiety and Depression came back....

Last reply
  • CITALOPRAM FOR OCD INTRUSIVE THOUGHTS

I just started the drug for OCD which does cause high levels of anxiety. Does anyone had experience of taking the drug for this condition. Did it help with the OCD  and anxiety or just the anxiety?

Last reply
  • HELP!!

I'v been on citalopram since 2012 on a 10mg two years ago was increased to 20mg an 2-3 weeks ago was increased again to 30mg. I'm not noticing any change I'm wondering weather to swap and go to a completely different antidepressant all together? Is this safe to do so and has anyone else done...

Last reply
  • All celexa users.

Looking at input on everyone that has used celexa. After being on it for at least a year, did you have anxiety come back? Most of you will call it a dip. So a friend of mine has come to me that she is feeling down again. She been a user of celexa for year now she is in same does as I am 30mg. I’ve tried...

Last reply
  • Citalopram 6 weeks

I am a first time poster looking for some advice about Citalopram. I have been taking it for 6 weeks: 2 weeks at 10 - 15mg and four weeks at 20mg. I was hoping to see a significant change by now, but I haven't really seen much change. I am taking it due to some stress I encountered, which led to...

Last reply
  • Awful side effects and withdrawals with citalopram

I was put in citalopram 10 mg about a week ago. Did not go as I thought it would... the side effects ugh!! Started with migraine, face numbness and then the not sleeping well.. oh and then came the hot flashes when I thought my body was on fire.. Thos migraines tho wow! I called my dr because my face...

Last reply
  • Any experiences with pregnancy / miscarriage?

Hi Just searching the internet for any info I can find and wonder if anyone else has had any problems like these: Before meeting my current BF I had been pregnant twice, both normal both fine. My current BF takes 20mg citalopram daily for depression/tic movements. I became pregnant in April and at...

Last reply
  • second time round.on citalopram

I started with really bad anxiety and slight deppression back 3 years ago I started taking 20mg cit from what I can remember the side effects where really bad but worked after 2 /3 weeks I come off them cold turkey 8 months ago last week I felt a bit down and I'm panicking of having a panic attack...

Last reply
  • Set backs

Advice please - iv been on cit since 2012 iv recently had a baby and felt the need to up my 20mg to 30mg.. my aniexty has hot an all time high i to the point where i dont leave my house just wonderd tho if set backs are common i had 6 good days 2 really bad days an now on 2nd good day again.. im confused!!...

Last reply
  • Chest flutters...

Been for ever since I posted, because celexa finally kicked in and started to work after a long long process.  But I want to reach out and see if any one else has this issues and if they have found something that has helped..  My issues is I get these random flutters/spasms/ kind of a small...

Posted
  • Coming down on my dose?!

I was on 40 mg 2009 recovered fully stayed on it till 2014 weaned off during pregnancy and it came back!Was on 40 and 9 to 10 weeks in had a big dip that was lasting two weeks so my doc upped me to 60!I have been on this dose 14 weeks.Had two good weeks at Christmas then things started going down again...

Posted
  • Fellow citalopam takers please help

Taking citalopam 10mg for 5 days and then onto 20mg and on the 4th day now. Took citalopam few years back and worked then swapped over when it stopped doing its job to sirtaline which did nothing at all so here I am again I've not got insomnia and anxiety is crippling at times plus the odd scary...

Last reply
  • Increasing dose in the winter months?

Hey all, Just wondering if anyone has any experiences of increasing their dose in the winter months? I always seem to have a blip in the winter months,  really from December to March. I have increased my dose in the past, but in a very willy nilly unplanned way and made myself ill from it. ...

Last reply
  • 14 weeks on dose increase need advice??

Anyone on here that had Celexa work but it took a long time!I started in July and had some good weeks then crashed was upped from 40 to 60 fourteen weeks ago and had two good weeks before Christmas and crashed after Christmas!It has been two weeks of feeling off and my OCD flared up bad last two days!My...

Posted
  • Citalopram mixed with alcohol

I have been taking citalopram for just over a month now and recently began my second course of prescription. The typical side affects are beginning to subside now, which is good of course, but I am concerned about mixing the medication with alcohol. I have had one or two drinks, nothing heavy, since...

Last reply
  • 10mg not working anymore?

I'm trying so hard to focus long enough to type all of this. Back in early November I started taking cit 10mg. After a really rocky first few weeks I finally started feeling better around early December. I was even able to enjoy Christmas anxiety free! However, immediately after the holidays my anxiety...

Last reply
  • January blues/ SAD? / changing medication

Hey guys,  First of all I want to say how grateful for this site I am, when I’m having a blip, or feel I am relapsing! It has helped me through so many things and it is so good to know I am not alone! January. Is such a struggle. I had pretty bad anxiety the other day. It’s funny because the more...

Last reply
  • M68 M68

Anyone NOT had any side effects on Citalopram?

Hi there, After much deliberation, talking to just about anyone I could find and generally scouring the internet for information, I have decided to go with the Docs advice and take Citalopram, starting today. And then I found this site.... Has anyone NOT had any side effects on this? It is making...

Last reply
  • Citalopram for clinical depression

I’ve been taking 20mg of cit for 4 weeks now for anxiety and low mood and a hopeless mood.  I’m just wondering if anyone else takes cit for the same reasons and has some POSITIVE feedback they could give me?  I also suffer with panic and anxiety, however I feel cit has massively helped with...

Last reply
  • Hello fellow anxiety depression heroes.

I say hero because we are to work through anxiety/depression. I have been on citalopram on and off for two years. Every time I go off it gradually, I have a relapse. Some tips I have found: It takes a while to work and the first weeks are the hardest; you do come good but it can take a while 7 weeks...

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.