Skip to content
Ad

Citalopram

Can you help? Discussions needing a reply

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Alcohol and citalopram 10mg

Hi everyone  I’m on day 11 of taking citalopram and I haven’t had an alcoholic beverage in over a month since this horrible anxiety illness hit me.  I know it says that drinking in moderation whilst taking this medication is fine, but I wanted to know what everyone else’s experience was. I...

Posted
  • This might be a sign the dose is too high....

I was at the psych. yesterday and my dose was upped about 7 weeks ago.  One of the things she asked me was if I was pacing at home.  I seem to recall a friend who is bipolar and he was pacing and hand wringing and I think they lowered the dose.  Just in case, these may be signs but I didn't...

Last reply
  • When do you know if citalopram just isn't working?

I am in that panicked state of ruminating about whether citalopram just isn't working for me or whether I haven't given it enough time. I finished week 12 - 1 week on 10mg, 7 weeks on 20mg, 4 weeks at 30 mgs. I have experienced almost every side effect possible but they seem to be slowly lessoning....

Last reply
  • Success stories of Citalopram please.

I have now been on 10mg Citalopram for 2 weeks, have to higher the dose to 20mg at the weekend, at the moment I am not feeling too good, hightened anxiety which the GP told me to expect, only sleeping a couple of hours a night and tummy upsets, I would love to hear other people's experiences with...

Last reply
  • Too afraid to sleep?

Been on 10 mg of cit for a week now and sleep has been an absolute nightmare. I'll doze off for a max of an hour and wake up dazed, confused, tense and unfocused. Sometimes my vision is wonky too. it's a foggy uncertain feeling and I can't even begin to describe how anxious it makes me feel....

Last reply
  • Increased Citalopram dosage.

Hello - newbie here. I was diagnosed with depression and prescribed 10mg of Citalopram at the end of June. This was after struggling with the disease for almost 8yrs. I had reached rock bottom and needed help. I had a few side effects; shakiness/tremor, indigestion, constant yawning, but these disappared...

Last reply
  • Good and bad days?

Officially through with my first week of being on 10mg of cit. I just wanted to know if it was normal to have good and bad days in terms of side effects? Yesterday I was doing okay with being focused and now confused and even managed to sleep for three hours. But today I'm just as out of it and confused...

Last reply
  • Starting Citlopram

Hello All,  I am new to this forum and am needing some help/advice. I have had anxiety and depression problems for years. I have been on and off several different medications over the last 13 years. I have not taken anything for the last few years and have been coping fine until a few months ago....

Last reply
  • CITALOPRAM FOR OCD INTRUSIVE THOUGHTS

I just started the drug for OCD which does cause high levels of anxiety. Does anyone had experience of taking the drug for this condition. Did it help with the OCD  and anxiety or just the anxiety?

Last reply
  • Anxiety and Sensitised Nerves

Someone asked if I'd share this in a public post (this is from a private message we had). As well as taking Citalopram, I found understanding about anxiety was a big breakthrough for me and helped me recover. Years ago I read all of Dr Clare Weeks books and it was the first time someone had actually...

Last reply
  • Is this working?!

Hi guys.  I've been taking citalopram for 4 weeks tomorrow. Only 5 days at 20mg upped from 10mg. I have had bad days as in feeling very low and better days where I feel better as the day goes on.  Is this a good sign that the meds are working? Or kicking in? 

Last reply
  • Citalopram and paracetamol?

Hi  Can I take paracetamol whilst taking citalopram 10mg?  Feeling particularly groggy and achey as only 1 week in but didn’t know if it was allowed?  Many thanks 

Last reply
  • Weight gain after coming off citalopram

Hi all, can anyone agree with me the fact that when you come off citalopram you actually put weight on? Please anyone, if you have experienced this please let me know, cos I think I'm going mad 😳

Last reply
  • Driving anxiety

i have been taking 10 mg citalopram for 2 weeks. Out of the blue I have been having massive anxiety when driving. Dizziness, hands shaking and shortness of breath. No idea why. Usually I only have this while driving but since taking citalopram I am having it at home also. I feel like I'm jumping...

Last reply
  • Things just keep getting worse. Night 3 of citalopram 10mg.

I tried really hard today to wear myself out. Forced myself on a long walk and had a major panic attack around supper time. i thought for sure this would be enough to knock me out but as soon as I laid down I was restless. I could not get comfortable, I was tossing and turning and managed to doze off...

Last reply
  • Citalopram (Celexa) withdrawals

My son is autistic and was on 20 mgs. of Celexa.  Doctors are great for prescribing meds but know very little on the true effects the side effects have and their withdrawals.  How long do these brain zaps last for during the withdrawal period? 

Last reply
  • Citalopram for CFS??

Hi, My GP has just prescribed me 10mg Citalopram. He thinks I may have Chronic Fatigue Syndrome but also kept asking if I felt depressed. I don't! I have suffered from depression in the past and I know the difference - I still have motivation, humour and a love of life, no panic attacks or anxiety....

Last reply
  • Celexa and tinnitus(ringing in the ears)

Hi everyone!!! I might have posted on here a few times but has anyone ever gotten or noticed tinnitus from taking celexa I'm only on 10mg of celexa and I'm noticing some mild tinnitus that can get quite loud at times and some vibrations, full ear but mostly the tinnitus is getting quite loud....

Last reply
  • Dont know what to do??

Hello all, Im wondering if i could get some advice. Iv neen on 10mg for 2 months and i upped the dose recently to 20mg and took that for 2 weeks but i felt very spaced out on the 20's and not myself so i lowered the dose back to 10mg with doctors approval of course. Its been a week since i lowered...

Last reply
  • Any words of encouragement

I suffer with hypochondriac type anxiety. I was on citalopram for several years but eventually weened off of t for a about a year because I was doing better. Now the anxiety is back with a vengeance and trying to get back on cit has been a nightmare. Day 2 and my anxieties have quadrupled to point where...

Last reply
  • Citalopram ( blocked ear after taking one )

Hey I’m on day 6 of taking 10mg if citalopram. All is going well considering the amount of potential side effects listed. However, has anyone experienced an immediate full feeling in their ears after taking them. I get it every single time it’s bizarre. It does eventually go away but I just wondered...

Last reply
  • Citalopram 10mg 1 week in. My experience.

Hi everyone  I just wanted to share my experience so far since starting citalopram 1 week ago.  Ok so it’s not actually been to bad. Side effects that I have so far experienced are. Increased bouts of anxiety, mostly during the night or early morning, it quite often wakes me and I feel quite...

Posted
  • Restarted citalopram

Ive restarted taking 20mg of citalopram and all I want to do is sleep but I can't, and I feel so sick I'm struggling to eat, it's only day 2 and I just want to curl up and cry, please give me some reassurance, I don't remember having these effects the first time I was on it

Last reply
  • New relationship freakout, caused relapse?

Hey guys, ...it’s been a while. I’ve actually been trying not to post on here- as it’s like admitting that I’m struggling again!  Actually feeling anxiety as I write this!  I last wrote on here in April/May when I went through a stressful period and decided to increase my dose from 20 -...

Last reply
  • Night 4 of citalopram even more scared

I feel like I'm going crazy. It's so hard to describe what I'm feeling but I just woke up from an hour nap with an extreme sense of dread. It's like I can't focus on anything or think about anything. Nothing will distract me, nothing interests me. I'm scared I'm going to forget...

Last reply
  • Crying - too much, not enough

Hi All, I am a natural crier so this morning I felt like I needed a good one. Started another project and will see dr on Wed. These can sometimes bring me to tears which doesn't really bother me.  This morning I felt that I couldn't cry. I'm not sure if it is the upped dose (will ask...

Last reply
  • Citalopram vs Sertraline? Panic Disorder

I’ve been taking citalopram for 5 years to help with general anxiety. I found the anxiety was always about something in particular and I could distract myself and feel better. I’ve had a great last 5 years with no side effects. Until August this year when I tried coming off tablets too fast and ended...

Last reply
  • Citolapram withdrawal

Hi, this is my second attempt to withdraw from citolapram. I was put on ten years ago after the birth of my son. I was only 21 and thought they were like an antibiotic !! How silly of me. Nothing was explained about the tablet. Fast forward 9 years and decided to come off them. My doctor told me it was...

Last reply
  • Started 20mg from 10mg

Hello all, iv been taking 20mg citalopram from 10mg for 6 days. The 10mg was wearing off so i spoke to my doctor and have upped the dose. I have been feeling abit more tired than i did on the 10mg but not side effects, will it take a few weeks like the 10mg to kick in? Also i noticed its been giving...

Last reply
  • 30 mgs Update

I just wanted to give people update on 30 mgs.     I am on 30 mgs and started my second go around July 1st.  I am pretty good, some minor anxiousness, nothting major.  I haven't taken my rescue meds since leveling off on my 30 mgs.  I do find out it works.  The first...

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.