Proper terrible emotional blunting with fear

Posted , 3 users are following.

i just need someone to tell me that emotions like enjoying something will come back ,i guess the brain takes alot of time , can anxiety and depression come and go , i have gone back on citalopram and am emotionless and have a horrible fear fealing like dread its awfull ,it makes me angry ,thank you

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Edited

Matt i had the same, total loss of enjoyment and excitement, it scared me to death, BUT.. i was reading posts, speak to people on forum and all they said IT WILL GO AWAY, just give time. And it did. So please dont get scared, you wont stuck like that , you will have ypur happy self back

• Posted

the one thing that bothers me is a strange fuzzy numb like head feeling mild but there, this in itself makes me anxious , i cant tell if its the anxiety physically or me thinking its there x

• Edited

Side effects or even normal body feelings getting magnified and your mind and all attention stuck on it - all thanks to anxiety.

Its scanning your body for any sensations or feelings event innocent one, normal feelings like headache or etc - and turning them into something terrible. And you are getting even more anxious, and more anxiety means more body feelings and fears - and here you are stuck in anxious loop. Thats what anxiety does.

Its very hard or even impossible to control these feeling when you recovering. All you should do say this to your self - I AM OK, i am recovering, thats the way meds work, i am not alone and I WILL BE OK

And trust me - IT WILL 

• Edited

Hi Matt

Depression, anxiety comes and goes, and its all quite normal. So is the emotionless feelings and the fear. There are so, so many feelings that come into effect when dealing with this . The worst I found for me was the fear and high anxiety in the morning. Evening time was like I had nothing wrong. I looked forward to my evenings . It was a break from what I've dealt with all day. Having said that, please try not to fear it. You need to go about your day as if it was not there. It's truly the hardest thing ever, but trust me , it's the way out. The more you dwell on the feelings, the longer it will take to get over. Your body is telling you that's there's danger when there actually isn't any. That's the hardest part of recovery. Alot of people probably don't understand the method of this and that's why they stay in this mode for years. I was one of those people til I was so sick and tired of feeli g that way. I figured I'd give it a try. Let the fear sit there, tell yourself ,Thank you for protecting me, but there is no danger here. The fear will keep coming back but you keep doing this and eventually it becomes less and less scarey. I sincerely wish you a speedy recovery..

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.