6/7 weeks on citaloprm jaw clenching achy teeth is back

Posted , 3 users are following.

hello all, this last week I've been feeling 95% better not a side effect, thought great time to get back to normal until the last 2 days I've had the shakey jaw and jaw clenching followed by achy teeth the next day its doing my head in now! I'm going to give 10-12 weeks if I'm not side effect free I'm going to ween off it very very slowly

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

hi did this go away for you? im on week 5 and the overthinking has come back for me 

• Posted

no still got shakey jaw and achy teeth its doing my head in now im on week 11 of 20mg I feel agitated aswel like can't chill out I'm going ask doctor if I should change medication only had about 2 weeks where I was free of side effects and they come back.

• Posted

im in the same boat as you, sick of it now. they have told me to up the dosage to 30 but after this past few weeks i darent make myself any worse

• Posted

i know, i dont want to up my dose incase it makes side effects worse, I can't remember the last time I felt total relaxation

• Posted

same here, its so draining. surely it cant take this long to kick in

• Posted

no it can't i just think the medication doesn't agree with us at all, so what side effects are you having has it helped with your other problems at all? with me it's helped in one way but I just can't put up with these side effects anymore I feel like I'm on amphetamine the way my teeth and jaw is! it will be 12 weeks Friday I shouldn't be having side effects now I know some people on here have had side effects for 6 months I'm not putting up with that!

• Posted

i have had all sorts, i had insomnia, nausea, dry mouth, heightened anxiety which is still here and the main reason im on medication. my sleeping is a lot better now but apart from that im not seeing much improvements sadly. the overthinking is a killer as well. have you had any improvements with it at all?

• Posted

yea i had loads of improvements my anxiety is 90% better but i still cant go into big shops or anything like that im sleeping well aswel but i cant stick these side

• Posted

the docs dont want to prescribe anything to help really at my surgery, they gave me zopiclone for sleep but nothing for the extra anxiety. i have seen a few people on here have to have gum shields made to stop damaging their teeth. i must admit i have bitten the inside of my mouth to death its so sore

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.