Reassurance please 🙏

Posted , 4 users are following.

6 weeks today on citalopram 20mg, had every side effect on the go. morning anxiety seems to have moved to evening instead and i cant keep my legs still. just want to know there is a light at the end of this dark tunnel. just want some normality back. sorry for going on but im struggling

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Edited

Becks,

i've noticed that the symptoms seem to move around or I should say the side effects. I've been on 10 mg of citalopram for years however just recently I needed to raise my dose to 15 mg. I did one week on 12.5 and this is day 25. I believe on 15 mg. I get the usual anxiety in the morning. I take my citalopram in the morning when I get up. Within a couple hours my side effects seem to get worse and then they seem to do a little better later in the day. Are usually don't have a hard time with my sleeping as I have always stayed on a pretty good schedule, but over the last several days I've noticed that I can't seem to get comfortable at night, and my legs are sore. And the last three nights I haven't slept very well at all and it takes a very long time for me to get to sleep. During the first couple weeks of citalopram 15 mg I seem to get more anxiety in the evenings, which before it was more in the morning. And now, like I said, all of a sudden I'm having a hard time sleeping. hopefully all of these side effects will go away. I get a dizzy, woozy, feeling, nausea, and my appetite has been terrible. I feel this is just part of the course of getting balanced out and eventually well. Hang in there you are not alone.

• Posted

hi becks

I get evening anxiety now too. that's when my jaw clenching and muscle twitching happens more. I think this is a side effect. I am 12 weeks on 30mg. I am busy throughout the day and evening is quiet.

• Posted

its awful im hoping it bates off soon, thought i wouod have felt a lot better by now ☹ did you have many start up side effects?

• Posted

hi Beck

even its very hard to believe right now but YOU WILL BE OK . Temporary these meds increasing your anxiety and its scanning your body for ANY sensations and turning them into something scary and permanent. Simple headache will make you think its tumour, shaky hands - its Parkinson, nausea - stomach cancer and etc. Thats what anxiety does. IT WILL GO AWAY, trust me.

Dont count days of recovery, only concentrate on doing your best through the day and tell yourself - thats how recovery goes, its not magic pill, i need time and patience, i will be ok and even better than ok.

Stay strong, you will get there

• Posted

thank you, im just so drained from feeling scared in my own body all the time

• Edited

The process is very draining. I hope you are getting some glimmer of hope here in there. It may just be a very small improvement. But take note of that. I slept pretty good last night, but after being up only four hours, I am exhausted again. I finally just gave in and decided to lay down. I keep a diary of how I am doing and feeling, so that way I can look back and see if there has been any progress at all. I will say this again, the hardest thing it seems is to decipher what are the side effects of the medication and what are actually manifested symptoms of your anxiety.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.