Help with Tapering

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hi, I've been trying to come off Citalopram by tapering over the course of many months - did 20 to 10mg, then using a pill cutter and razor blade cut a 10mg pill into 5mg, 5 - approx 3.75mg, 3.75 - 2.5mg.

Now at 2.5mg it is looking to be fairly tricky to make cuts with accuracy. I managed to get liquid citalopram prescribed but the solution is 40mg per 1ml, why is it so high, why can't you get a 1 to 1 solution in the uk? I have been given a syringe with adaptor but the adaptor doesn't fit and I have really struggled with trying to work out the best method to extract micro quantities I need to enable the end taper. I think for now I could continue with cutting bits off the 2.5mg pill segments to get something like 2mg...

It really infuriates me that there seems to be no tools in place for helping with tapering off ssris in the uk, whereas in other countries there's taper strips(Netherlands) or 1ml - 1mg(US) liquid solutions of the stuff...

Anyway any advice would be appreciated.

Regards,

Will

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.