New to citalopram

Posted , 2 users are following.

l have been suffering from anxiety and panic attacks since l was really ill with covid a week before Christmas. l went away on holiday in January and my anxiety was so bad l couldn't leave our apartment for 4 days. Yesterday my doctor prescribed me 10mg citalopram. l took my first tablet at 7pm by 9pm l was really dizzy, anxious, hot and nauseous. l eventually feel asleep, this morning I was shakey which did wear off after a short time. Had some anxiety but during the day l have been sleeping on and off. Tonight l got very anxious at the thought of taking my next tablet. My head is over thinking what's going to happen, a friend of mine suggested l take the tablet tomorrow morning rather than tonight as l will have more chance of distracting myself in order of coping with side effects. Sounds stupid but l am really scared to take another tablet and not being able to cope

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Edited

When I was on Citalopram (Now on Duloxetine) I use to take it in an evening but moved it to morning as it did impact my sleep. Finding the right time of day to take it that has the least impact helps. But also will take a few weeks before you feel the full benefits of Citalopram. If you get any side effects that are of concern then you can always talk to a pharmacist or Doctor. Remember you are stronger than you realise and you will get there.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.