Evening Anxiety

Posted , 4 users are following.

hi i am wondering if anybody suffers with evening anxiety rather than morning? I hear that mornings are often worse but I am evening. Also during time of the month seem to be worse and ovulation. I am 14 weeks into increase dose to 30mg. should I be anxiety free by now? thank you

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Edited

hi collette

i also suffer evening anxiety, have done always, i think because im at work & structched , its a funny one , you d think the other way round.....

im decreasing at min & got anxiety tonight for some reason, theres no time limit to levelling out unfortunatly.

have you felt better at all collette even little windows? rob

• Posted

hi rob

I definitely think that is my problem. I worry because it is unstructured and I have time to think. most of my panic attacks have happened at night too. I am definitely better than when I started with my breakdown in August. I couldn't function. I am now back at work. but thinking maybe a change in meds may help further as I have been on citalopram for years and I don't want to go to 40mg.

• Posted

Hi Collette

My sister in law has her anxiety in the evenings as well. I have mine in the early morning. This is because the anxiety is starting to increase after all day calm. Try not to let it frighten you(I absolutely know how hard it is). It really is an overwhelming experience to say the least. It is basically a fear of fear. Whenever you get that fearful feeling, acknowledge that it's there but try not to react to it. This is the hardest part of the recovery process. When you continue to do this, it loses its power over you and things will return to normal, but it can take some time. It all depends on how a person responds to the fear. As you are recovering, you will get those feelings time to time and that is completely normal. It's not a setback, it just means things are going as it should. Keep staying positive, keep busy, and when the feeling of fear hits, just say to yourself, "I am fine and it's anxiety I'm feeling". It's been quite a while for me since the beginning of my journey, but it really does get better. Hang in there..Oh and to answer the question of should you be anxiety free, not nessarily.. This is very early in your journey.. It may take months yet but don't let that discourage you. The more you try to fix yourself, the longer it stays. Like I said, try the acceptance method to not react to the fear.. Just go about your day and the more your mind is busy , the less you dwell on the fear.. Please keep in touch.. you can Def recover..

• Posted

Thank you so much for this advice. I have read some things about acceptance and I do keep trying it. I am really trying to think positively. hope you are well.

• Edited

mine has switched to evening from morning  sorry to hear your not feeling much better x

• Posted

i have been have increased happier times. it is still anxiety lingering around. i think maybe i need to look a therapy now to help me with some anxiety about anxiety. How are you x

• Posted

still quite anxious but slowly getting there i think, started week 8 yesterday so im gonna keep going till week 12 and hopefully get some peace x

• Edited

thats fantastic. i noticed from week 12 more improvements. hopefully by 12 weeks you are anxiety free x

• Edited

hi collette

i think the acceptence advice is really really helpful & is a powerful weapon to use in your recovery , i use it myself..... sounds bonkers but i actually treat my anxiety if it were a person standing in front of me..... i accept the anxiety......' give it yer best shot ' , i aint afraid no more !!!! , im trying to be more open as well , talking about it which i find difficult but i know it helps me....

hoping your feeling good......... rob

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.