'No Significant Abnormalities' in previous MRI

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi guys, I've just been putting away a load of old letters from clinic appointments and drs and came across the letter to my GP from a scan I had in February. The letter states there are no 'significant abnormalities'. At first, I didn't even read the letter because the doctor had told me there were no concerns.

I'm just now realising that the wording suggest there were abnormalities, but no really significant ones. Considering how thyroid cancer was missed in scans/tests my dad had years ago led to him dying a few years later because it wasn't diagnosed, I'm a little concerned. The reasoning at that time was that 'they weren't looking for that' and it just wasn't passed over to the relevant department.

I'm suffering a raft of symptoms that I'm currently in the process of being looked at for having a B12 deficiency and autoimmune disorders but that wording just concerned me.

Thanks

1 like, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

A doctor very close friend revealed that his patient died because the radiologist missed an obvious cancer.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.