Skip to content

Investigations and Procedures

Also known as Barium Enema, Meal and Swallow, Biopsies, Blood Transfusion, CAT/CT Scan, Diagnostic Procedures, ECG - Electrocardiography, Joint Injections and Aspirations, MRI Scan, Scans, Tests - Non Blood, X Rays

Can you help? Discussions needing a reply

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Shifting in my head

I am 29 years old. Male. I have developed some strange symptoms over the last year or so and was wondering if an MRI would help. here we go I have dealt with lower back pain and pain at the base of my neck for a while now, but i cant seem to remember ever hurting myself. this has been happening for...

Last reply
  • Mri on eyes ?

Hi I just got a mri on my brain and that was fine  but i am getting glasses now and they want to do a an mri on my eyes is there a reason for that 

Posted
  • Ovarian Cyst - Complex & MRI

Can someone please give me some reassurance? I visited the emergency department about a month ago now with a pain in my right side, and they found a 7cm complex cyst on my right ovary, they ordered tumour markers and other tests like ca-125 and *touch wood* they were said to be fine, however they...

Last reply
  • Ultrasound Help

I went for an ultrasound scan today and I am concerned about what they said or better still, I don’t understand.. all i remember hearing was Left ovary 10.3 right ovary 13.2 and endometrium 2.1... what does this mean?  I am 23 years old and was originally sent for the scan regarding bleeding during...

Posted
  • MRI

I had an MRI of my shoulder and this is under the impressions. What does this mean? Focal subcutaneous inflammation/edema corresponding to the palpable abnormality.Differential considerations include soft tissue contusion, focal cellulitis or small area of fat necrosis.

Posted
  • How Software Vendors Are Changing the Face of Healthcare

Delivering value-based care has become a high priority in today’s world. Seeing technology as a major driver of success, hospitals heavily invest into medical software solutions. You can hardly find a custom healthcare software development company that is not deep into the healthcare game. Vendors help...

Posted
  • Health anxiety

About a year ago they found microscopic hematuria in my urine. They sent me to a urologist and they did another UA, CT scan of my abdominal and pelvic area and a cystoscopy. They said everything looked good. This put my mind at ease for a time but then doubts started creeping in and I live in fear...

Posted
  • Has anyone experience of a weight-bearing MRI? Please help

Hi, To cut a very long story short I have had chronic pain (sciatica from my left buttock and into my foot) for five years now. I have had seven flat MRI scans all of which show L5/S1 and L3/4 prolapses and DD with an anular tear but no nerve root impingement. I have been hospitalised twice last year with...

Last reply
  • CT scan vs MRI for abdomen/pelvis

Hi I've got a CT abdomen/pelvis with contrast booke, as I have been experiencing intermittant bouts of mushy faeces, cramps with mucous and constipation since March last year.Also had 2 episodes with some blood.The cramps are milder now than back then and I have put 2kg of the 3 kg I lost.Is it to...

Last reply
  • Salty/Metallic taste in mouth after CT Scan?

I got a CT scan with contrast yesterday and I still have a salty and slightly metallic taste in my mouth. Apparently this reaction was only supposed to last for a few minutes after the dye was administered but I'm still having it 24 hours later.  How long will this last? Also, are cold symptoms...

Last reply
  • Extreme pain during CT Scan

So I have been having horrible pain in the middle of the bottom of my rib cage (my stomach) for awhile now and have been getting tests done as of recently, but I got a CT scan yesterday and it has made my pain worse. And as long as I can remember every time I get the CT scan I get a horrible pain in...

Posted
  • Lung nodule

6 months ago I had a ct scan and they seen a very small nodule on my lung 2mm so they did a follow up one. My follow up one showed the 2mm was still there did not grow any but there was now an additional e other ones and they were 3mm I'm 43 years old and a non smoker never smoked just wondering...

Posted
  • CT SCAN TO CHECK FOR PREGNANCY!

I am currently in SE Asia and have been paranoid for nearly 3 months that im pregnant - I have taken around 15 pregnancy tests which have all come back negative but i still wasnt convinced! So today I went to a hospital and asked for an ultra sound scan to check for pregnancy - it was extremely hard...

Last reply
  • Lymph node under ear

Hi, I have had a tiny hard reactive lymph node under my ear.  It’s half the size of a pea.  I’ve seen a couple of drs who don’t think it feels cancerous but are watching.  It does seem hard but movable. My ENT put me on antibiotics and it did fully go away but came back once antibiotics...

Last reply
  • Cardiologist who specializes on EKG or ECG

Does anyone know if there exist a cardiologist who specializes in good analysing of EKG or ECG... I heard that some fatal heart diseases require someone who is not a simple cardiologist. If it is true what is the title of this specialty? Thanks

Posted
  • Cervical spine mri results

Can someone help me? Explain my mri results C3-4 diffusely bulging disc and uncinate hypertrophy result in mild spinal and mild bilateral neuroformainal stenosis C4-5 diffusely buldging disc and uncinate hypertrophy result s in mild spinal stenosis with mild left sided neuroformainal stenosis...

Posted
  • Small Bowel MRI Query

Hi All Wondering if anyone can give me an indication as what to expect with a small bowel MRI scan I am due to have in a couple of weeks. The hospital called me to confirm the date of my MRI and told me that all I would need to do is make sure I don't eat anything for 2 hours prior to my scan, and...

Posted
  • MRI whole spine

Loss of normal cervical lordosis. Cervical and thoracic intervertebral disc maintain height and hydration. The cervical and thoracic central canal and exit foraminifera are widely patent. There are chronic bilateral l5 pars defect with grade 1 spondylolisthesis of L5 s1. Associated broad posterior disc...

Posted
  • Post MRI Symptoms

I had a 40 min MRI w/o contrast, 5 days ago. Post the MRI I've been feeling nauseas and dizzy even when lying down. It's been almost a week and it has not gotten better. Has anyone else experienced this? Now my neurologist says it might be due to a lack of oxygen in the brain or a heart-related...

Posted
  • Weird Reaction During MRI?

This is going to sound crazy but please, bear with me. I had my first brain MRI yesterday and the experience was something that I have had a hard time explaining. As you know, with each set of pictures taken, there are different pitches of hums and whirs. Well, initially, I noticed that I could almost...

Posted
  • S K S K

MRI Advice anyone?

Hello, thank you for reading this! I'm having a full spinal MRI in a couple of weeks and I'm getting quite panicked about it. I'm a very anxious person in general, and the thought of the MRI is worrying me as I've never had one before. I was wondering if anyone has any tips of things...

Last reply
  • CT SCAN IN PREGNANCY

I am currently in SE Asia and have been paranoid for nearly 3 months that im pregnant - I have taken around 15 pregnancy tests which have all come back negative but i still wasnt convinced! So today I went to a hospital and asked for an ultra sound scan to check for pregnancy - it was extremely hard...

Posted
  • MRI scan question please

Does anyone know if you can have an MRI scan of your stomach/gut area if you have a permanent metal plate in your wrist which I have from a fracture. I need an MRI for digestive issues. Is there any way of isolating the wrist, if not what do people do if they need an MRI and have this issue? Thank you 

Last reply
  • supra pubic catheter

had catheter fitted on 2 october 2017.im using a flip valve as disabled.but since day 1 been urinating normal and little through catheter.has anyone had this problem?also tube which comes through abdomen pointing upwards

Last reply
  • Can someone explain Mri Results in English

I have had migraines for years. And last year had issues with getting dizzy and week and feeling like going to pass out when I get up from setting and would have to set down my legs would get really wobbly and start sweating and seeing stars and like everything is spinning. If I set back down for little...

Last reply
  • Will sperm show up in my urine test?

So i got diagnosed with Rhabdomyolysis and im in the hospital and i just masturbated in the bathroom. Every morning i get a urine and blood test, when testing my urine they check for myoglobin and check my red blood cell count. My question is if i pee about 3-4 times an hour like i do now since im on...

Last reply
  • First MRI - advice needed

Hello, I have recently volunteered to participate in a university study and part of this assessment involves a functional MRI (fMRI) scan to view my brain function while performing certain tasks. Having never had an MRI before I have a few questions that the hospital haven't yet answered. Firstly...

Last reply
  • What are biosimilars?

Biosimilars are being considered the next major phenomenon to hit the US pharma market. This is because they offer a viable and relatively cheaper alternative to drugs, many of which carry extremely steep price labels. So, what are biosimilars? Biosimilars are drugs that are the same as an approved...

Posted
  • Brain MRI results (what does this mean?)

Can anyone help explain this to me? My psychiatrist ordered a brain MRI because I've been so worried about my memory lapses and lack of focus. I don't understand the results and the doctor would not discuss them with me.  He just said don't worry about it. Under "Impression,"...

Posted
  • abnormal brain deposits

Saw a consultant as my speech wasn’t right and head ache  left side of my head the doctor did an mri and said it was all fine  Then I started with blurred vision in my left eye and I saw another consultant in the eye clinic Who asked have I had an  MRI I said yes it was all fine and he...

Posted
  • My doctors don't believe me

I'm 17 years old, so all things medical that happen to me are still up to my parents. I had shoulder surgery a few months ago which is healing fine, but I never liked the doctor because I felt he was a little condecending. I expressed this to my parents months before it was decided I needed surgery...

Last reply
  • Claustrophoic with MRI soon

I am scheduled for an MRI and I am overwhelmingly claustrophobic this is not my first MRI but I'm wondering if there's anybody who has tips on how to get through it I've been prescribed the highest dose of Valium that they can give me and I'm hoping that helps

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.