Skip to content

Investigations and Procedures

Also known as Barium Enema, Meal and Swallow, Biopsies, Blood Transfusion, CAT/CT Scan, Diagnostic Procedures, ECG - Electrocardiography, Joint Injections and Aspirations, MRI Scan, Scans, Tests - Non Blood, X Rays

Can you help? Discussions needing a reply

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Weird Reaction During MRI?

This is going to sound crazy but please, bear with me. I had my first brain MRI yesterday and the experience was something that I have had a hard time explaining. As you know, with each set of pictures taken, there are different pitches of hums and whirs. Well, initially, I noticed that I could …

Last reply
  • My ECG Result

My ECG result is Sinus bradycardia.. The nurse told me i'm cleared to go because its normal. Should I be worry about Sinus bradycardia? Am I at risk?

Posted
  • 'No Significant Abnormalities' in previous MRI

Hi guys, I've just been putting away a load of old letters from clinic appointments and drs and came across the letter to my GP from a scan I had in February. The letter states there are no 'significant abnormalities'. At first, I didn't even read the letter because the doctor had …

Posted
  • What its mean

I write many time about my heart condition. Last time when go to hospital emergency the admit me in CCU . Dr dont tell me whats going on with my heart. But they write on my paper about that they find in my ecg. ECG = dynamic changes ( ST saggs) Trop i -ve Please tell me what its mean. What it …

Posted
  • Small Bowel MRI

I live in the Uk and I am waiting on a small Bowel MRI. I have read that you need to drink Klean Prep in the department before the scan. To me this sounds strange giving you a laxative before having a scan. Is it not enough to make you run to the toilet as I’m a bit anxious about going home after.

Last reply
  • Help understanding this MRI report pl!

Please sugeest as per my MRI reports i have back bone issue to much pain since last 2 years This the sentence I do not understand " The radiologist has reported this as being of doubtful significance and  Can anybody explain in simple words. Impossible to have gp appointment and the next …

Last reply
  • Endometrial/uterine biopsy

Yesterday I had a uterine/endometrial biopsy. (Fair warning to any ladies getting one they hurt) this is my second biopsy. I'm a 24 yr old with poly cystic ovarian syndrome (pcos) I haven't had a period since I was probably 21. If that. Anyway, I had a biopsy done 3 years ago and yes it …

Posted
  • Help understanding this report pl!

Had neck MRI 2 months as been having weir sensation to lt side tongue. Saw ent and neck MRI and this is what he wrote. 4mm nodule found to lobe if lt thryoid. This the sentence I do not understand " The radiologist has reported this as being of doubtful significance and I certainly do not …

Posted
  • Nervous about biopsy. Any advice ?

So I’ve had this bump behind my ear for about a year and a half. It was diagnosed by my doctor that it’s an enlarged lymph node. We’re not really sure why it’s still there (went through all sorts of meds to see if it’d help. It didn’t). I’m having a core biopsy at the end of this month and I’m …

Posted
  • Help understand mri results

hi all...been having back problems for years and had a l4/l5 discectomy 12 months ago...all seems to be going well then my back went 2 time the last being April 18...refered for mri scan after trying lots of differeant drugs below is mri scan results  Lumbar lordosis is slightly …

Posted
  • Pelvic MRI

Hi, I’m having a pelvic MRI tomorrow and wondered if anyone here has had one as I have a few questions. Many Thanks in advance

Last reply
  • help reading this ?

i have an appointment Monday, but so curious on what my results mean. i got them thru my email. can anyone understand any of this ?  6/22/18 CLINICAL HISTORY: neck pain; COMPARISON: 06/16/2014. TECHNIQUE: 6 views of the cervical spine were obtained Including lateral flexion and extension …

Posted
  • Purple hands, fuzzy head, legs like rubber, exhaustion

Mum has a problem where she can't do much exercise at all without feeling exhausted and that her legs have turned to rubber. Exercise also leads to her hands turning purple and her head going fuzzy. When she is lying down she feels fine. She had myocarditis many years ago , but she has had …

Posted
  • My doctors don't believe me

I'm 17 years old, so all things medical that happen to me are still up to my parents. I had shoulder surgery a few months ago which is healing fine, but I never liked the doctor because I felt he was a little condecending. I expressed this to my parents months before it was decided I needed …

Last reply
  • Is it possible that a CT could be incorrect??

I just underwent a CT scan 2days ago and it had the results of everything normal. I went to ER after I losing sleep for 4 nights in a row because of the pain on left side by ribs which radiates around to left side of back next to spine. The pain is extremely severe, especially when I lay on my …

Last reply
  • MRI Scan

I am due to have a MRI Scan on my ears & sinuses and at present feeling very anxious. I believe they can be very & noisy. Do you get ear phone to help with the noise and how lon will the scan take.I would love to hear from anyone who has had this done.

Last reply
  • Help with MRI contrast

Just wondered if anyone medical out there can help with my question .... So my daughter has extreme pain down her left side , not sure if it’s the skin or the underlayers or the vessels as it’s not diagnosed yet . However she had an mri of the head without contrast with no problem then had an mri …

Posted
  • Help with MRI contrast

Just wondered if anyone medical out there can help with my question .... So my daughter has extreme pain down her left side , not sure if it’s the skin or the underlayers or the vessels as it’s not diagnosed yet . However she had an mri of the head without contrast with no problem then had an mri …

Posted
  • Brain MRI, help understand

I Had a brain MRI and there is a sentence in the findings I can't seem to grasp what they mean by it. It was a scan for MS/ALS. Quote:" the appearance and distribution of the lesions is not typical or classic for a primary demyelinating process. The appearance is not in keeping with a …

Last reply
  • Cortisone shot

Hi! I have bad thumb joint pain and my doctor was going to give me injection but I refused due to my diabetes side effect. It does raise blood sugar. Should I reconsider to go ahead get the shot since my joint pain gets worse? Deb

Posted
  • I have been waiting 3 weeks for mri results

Hi guys weeks ago I had an mri on my head and neck.docs rang today to say I had to go in for my results, however they can't fit me in till Monday all they have said results are borderline.can anyone advise on this I'm going out of my mind.ive had headaches nausea and dizziness for over a …

Last reply
  • Mir results after stroke confused

had a Mir 3 months post stroke and my consultant sent me a letter details below and my doctor wants to talk about this next week. I don't understand the findings and hope someone can help please letter states:- mri scan revealed a few focal T2/Flair hyperintensities in the right ganglio- …

Posted
  • Mri confused :/ could someone help explain?

Hello, I am new so sorry if I post in wrong category Basically im 28 and my mobility (sciatic pain down the buttocks and back of both legs into feet) and other issues (involving bladder) hasn't been great over the last few years and I was diagnosed with spinal stenosis and hypermobily …

Last reply
  • Have I diabetes?

Im 57 old and 202 pounds.Recently i suffered a surgery my ankle. so far I have not made testing sugar blood.With help device home I get out these results: morning 7,8 and two hours after meal on average 8,5. I have not yet been doctor.

Posted
  • Ongoing back pain

Hi guys....I’ve been having back pains for years. Got so bad was refered to hospital and was found to a bulge on my disc l4/l5 area...had a lumbar discecomy in May 17 everything went well....but about 6 month later all the pin has come back if not worst....3 weeks ago my back went for no reason and …

Last reply
  • Foreing body within the circulatory system

Hello everyone, I was wondering if anybody could help calm me down a bit till I reach my appointment with my doctor. To describe it short, I've had discomfort in several areas of my body since childhood and It's all linked with the sinus surgery I had as a small child. I had several head …

Last reply
  • Calcification in the right lower pelvis

Hello, I recently had an X-ray and Ct done at the emergency room. Findings on Xray were I was constipated but due to the amount of pressure and pain I am still having I am curious to what noting of a calcification and appendicolith means? See below  Finding- There is a 1 to 2 mm …

Last reply
  • What is the normal SpO2 level?

A normal healthy person should be able to achieve normal blood oxygen saturation levels (SpO2) of 94% to 99%. For patients with mild respiratory diseases, the SpO2 should be 90% or above. Supplementary oxygen should be used if SpO2 level falls below 90%, which is unacceptable for a prolonged period …

Posted
  • Diarrhea Following Upper GI Series? Anyone?

Hi all, I hope this is the right section for this, and in any case, I know it's not the most pleasant of subjects! Unfortunately, I'm really nervous and that gets the better of me as far as just accepting that things are okay. So, I thought I'd ask if anyone else had heard of this …

Posted
  • 8 year back pain & been told NO to an MRI

I have suffered for 8 years with back pain after my ex pushed me over & I landed flat on my backside. For 6 years I walked about in pain, not being able to sit for any longer than 30 mins without being in agony - After putting up a major fight with my GP, I was eventually sent to an orthopaedic …

Last reply
  • Intercostal neuralgia 4weeks post op lung biopsy

I really do wish I'd been told about this before I had the lung biopsy done. Omg it's so painful and really getting me down. Nothing is working to ease the pain. Any ideas would be gratefully received or advice on how long it lasts. Thanks in advance.  The annoying thing is that the …

Posted
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.