Skip to content
Ad

Investigations and Procedures

Also known as Barium Enema, Meal and Swallow, Biopsies, Blood Transfusion, CAT/CT Scan, Diagnostic Procedures, ECG - Electrocardiography, Joint Injections and Aspirations, MRI Scan, Scans, Tests - Non Blood, X Rays

Can you help? Discussions needing a reply

All discussions in this group

Next
  • My doctors don't believe me

I'm 17 years old, so all things medical that happen to me are still up to my parents. I had shoulder surgery a few months ago which is healing fine, but I never liked the doctor because I felt he was a little condecending. I expressed this to my parents months before it was decided I needed surgery...

Last reply
  • supra pubic catheter

had catheter fitted on 2 october 2017.im using a flip valve as disabled.but since day 1 been urinating normal and little through catheter.has anyone had this problem?also tube which comes through abdomen pointing upwards

Posted
  • Claustrophoic with MRI soon

I am scheduled for an MRI and I am overwhelmingly claustrophobic this is not my first MRI but I'm wondering if there's anybody who has tips on how to get through it I've been prescribed the highest dose of Valium that they can give me and I'm hoping that helps

Last reply
  • Hip and pelvis MRI

Hi all. I've had an MRI and  other various scans before so just a quick question. Last time I had an MRI it was for my broken ankle, so will my hip and pelvis MRI be the same? Will I need a contrast? It's to rule out Ankylosing spondylitis. Thanks.  

Posted
  • Chest ct

Hey all was just wondering if anyone here would know if a chest ct can see your spleen?, i know it can see your lungs, heart and liver..  thanks

Posted
  • Lung nodule

Hi I had a ct scan done and they seen a nodule on my lung they said it was small only 2mm I'm a non smoker never smoked I'm only 42 years old but I'm freaking out it's lung cancer am I over worring? I recently had a horrible cough for like 5 weeks still at the tail end of it doc said...

Last reply
  • Abnormal brain MRI-Lesions

Hi all, I had a brain MRI in 2013 due to cluster headaches. My dr was concerned about a tumor as the pain was excruciating. There was no tumor but they did note some "periventricular foci" (which i never saw until recently). I recently begun getting pins and needles in my hands and feet and...

Posted
  • Has anyone experience of a weight-bearing MRI? Please help

Hi, To cut a very long story short I have had chronic pain (sciatica from my left buttock and into my foot) for five years now. I have had seven flat MRI scans all of which show L5/S1 and L3/4 prolapses and DD with an anular tear but no nerve root impingement. I have been hospitalised twice last year with...

Last reply
  • MRI results coming to me and my GP by post

I had an MRI of my small bowel about 2 months ago didn't hear anything no letters or calls so decided to ring them today and was told that the MRI department looked at the scan on August 16th so I spoke to my Doctors secretary who told me that the doctor had not seen it and she had no idea why he...

Posted
  • Heart rate monitor.

Am wishing to monitor my heart and am thinking of buying a heart rate monitor. Perhaps a heart rate monitor wristwatch, with ECG facility, or a portable ECG, EKG machine. Does anyone know which one would be the most effective? Do they both monitor the heart as well as a hospital's ECG machine..?

Posted
  • Cardiology

Hello I have appointment on Friday for a CT Cardiac Angiogram .I am totally freaking out.Have had echo and 24 hour holter both normal except non concerning extra wee heartbeat every now and then .Have only seen cardiologist once ,Went for this test before and freaked out so just had calcium score which...

Last reply
  • BARRIUM XRAY

Hi All, I have been suffering with a hiatal hernia for a number of years, I have severe pain in my back and front after eating or drinking and I had  a barium x-ray yesterday.  The radiologist gave me some bread to eat to watch how it went down and the bread got stuck as I could see on...

Posted
  • Brachial Plexus MRI

I went in for a brachial plexus MRI yesterday to evaluate a tumor. I was given the gadolinium contrast through IV and was in the MRI for about an hour. I am a 58 y/o female, post menopause. I don't know if it's a coincidence or a side effect of the contrast/MRI but since yesterday I've...

Posted
  • Health anxiety and MRI results, looking for explanation

I had a MRI last Wednesday and I am concerned with the findings as my doctor was unable to explain most of the report. I'm 17 and there are several findings of T2 hypertensive foci supratentorial and also a tornwaldt cyst was found. One of which was reported to be 7 mm in size. Once again I have...

Posted
  • Kardia recommended

I recommended kardia ECG monitors for iPhone for people who have a heart condition ?  Special  SVT and AF and  atrial tachycardia it a ECG at fight tip ?

Posted
  • Bone marrow biopsy

Hi, when I was 18 years I did a bone marrow biopsy. Now I'm 23 and it still hurts. I can't stand or sit for too long, can't walk for too long either. I can't sleep on one side too long. I don't know if they did something wrong. I haven't been able to work since. And this just...

Last reply
  • Multiyear Sacral Pain, new myleogram

So my pain lines up closely with the s2 nerve, sacral pain, private parts numbness and burning, butt pain, pelvic floor pain. I just had a myleogram ct scan done yesterday, and as I have many scans before that showed nothing to these worthless doctors, Ive learned to read scans somewhat and look for...

Last reply
  • Mri reaction

Hi has anyone had a reaction to an MRI scan i had one last week didnt have the dye neither did i put the gown on i went in and had it in normal clothes since ive had this i have a really bad burning feeling on my body like bad sunburn my skin is tender and its traveled down and mad my legs feel tender...

Last reply
  • Neck Mass

I've been dealing with a neck mass that was found in my left supraclavicular region. It's been seen there 2 years ago on an MRI but only recently discovered. Was decided to have an FNA biopsy done to rule out what it is after having multiple CTs that didn't help diagnose it. Was thought to...

Posted
  • FNA

Now I have a scheduled FNA for a neck mass. However, one thing I am worried about is my metal allergies. I am allergic to nickel,gold and cobalt. What are the needles used in the FNA shots made out of? Are they stainless steel similar to those used in shots? Please help!

Posted
  • Holter Results

Hi - quick question had a 24hr holter which showed nothing but said 2 paced beats? I don't have a pacemaker so how can I have paced beats? Was this just a machine misreading? Thanks

Posted
  • Head mri results help!

Hi could someone please explain these results to me? A tumor was suspected due to severe headaches but my review is not until 2 months time so is this lesion not a tumor or is it a tumor but not cancerous? If it is a tumor what should happen next? So worried thank you in advance for any help x ...

Posted
  • Side effects of IV contrast media

I had a CT scan on Wednesday just gone which involved an injection of iodine contrast material. 24 hours after i started getting tingling in my feet and hands and feeling a little 'foggy'. I am also experiencing mild muscle aches in my legs and forearms. Has anyone else experienced similar or...

Posted
  • Had Brain MRI scan today, please someone reassure me!

Hi, I had an MRI scan done this morning via the NHS. After we finished the nurse and the guy who had taken the images seemed really weird. He didn't even talk to me and gave me a concerned and weird look. Then I thought I saw two white circles on one of the images I peeked on. Afterwards I rang...

Last reply
  • CT Scan Safety

Hello, I have a general concern about radiation.  My 15 year old daughter has had a bad year.  She had a sports inury that led to 2 Xrays, one foot, one shin.  Recently, she was in the ER due to suspected apendicitis.  The doctor ordered an abdominal CT scan.  Besides these,...

Last reply
  • CT scan with contrast in a few days

Hi there I have been having some issues in my abdomen along with some itching of late. As a result, i am going to be having a CT scan with injected contrast in a few days time. I was wondering, how safe is the contrast and is there anything i should be aware of during the scan? Any input would be greatly...

Posted
  • Question regarding MRI about thecal sac reduction

Is a 1.5mm reduction in thecal sac within 3 weeks a big deal? How much reduction in a thecal sac is something to be concerned with? --This is the end impression of an MRI w/o contrast in comparison to an MRI from 3 weeks ago The focal right paracentral protrusion identified at C5-6 on the previous...

Posted
  • Post menopausal bleeding

Hi im new here... I had a biopsy on 11 th may and ultrasound done on my the lining was 7.5 mm And showed a growth so had biopsy. Was told by consultant she would phone last thursday but hasnt. ..yet The not knowing is worse.. Has anyone has experience if this. I got an infection after biopsy So im on...

Last reply
  • Neck and upper back spasm, will it show on mri

Hi guys I'm back again, so today I had my annual MRI on all areas of my spine, I have l4/5 fussion, thoracic arachnoid cyst compressing spinal cord, cervical degeneration with bone spurs, disc bulges at 4 levels and slight lordosis, however I woke this morning with upper back and neck spasm this...

Posted
  • Want to know about Regular Health Checkups

Hi, Good Morning all. My name is Shiva from Hyderabad. I am a new joiner in this forum. Today we will discuss. What did you know about Regular health checkups? What are the main benefits of Regular Health checkups? I am waiting for your reply. Thank You

Posted
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.