MRI Contrast dye complications

Posted , 1 user is following.

I had MRI contrast dye injected in me last week. Immediately after being injected my arm was in severe pain for the next 10 minutes and the technologist said that was not normal. The pain at the injection site lessened but lasted a few days. Since than I have had itchy skin all over and random pains in my body. The second night after the MRI I woke up sweating with severe nausea/vomiting but that has since gone. I am now worried about toxicity and the fact that there doesn't seem to be much that they can do or any cure for this. Has anyone experienced lingering symptoms and if so, what did you do? Is there a test that can be done to see if my body has toxic levels of the dye in it still? I am really regretting getting the MRI but now I just need to figure out where to go from here..

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.