MRI, wierd sensations

Posted , 1 user is following.

Friday October 14, 2022

During an MRI felt warmth on my spine which I know is normal.

About one minute in I felt like my Aorta was swelling starting just to the right and a bit above my belly button, slowly up to the bottom Of my right rib cage.

Then it started feeling like my liver was swelling Enough to push against my rib cage. I could actually sense the size and shape of my liver. There was no pain just pressure.

It stayed that way the entire time Of the mri.

Towards the last minute or so I started getting a funny sensation on my tongue starting on the outer edge of both the right and the left.

I told the technician when we were done and he did not seem to think it was anything.

At 2:58 PM I still Have the sensation that my liver is swollen not as much but still noticeable. And the funny sensation or taste on my tongue.

By 3 02pm some of the swelling pressure is leaving, but my insides in that area feel wierd. Tongue is still feeling wierd... no taste, just sensation.

My face looked felt sunburned .

I am not claustrophobic nor do I have fear of any medical procedures. I actually find them fascinating.... This reaction was very strange.

The technician had mp comment. after reading posts from others I wonder if aging MRI machines have anything to do with it?

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.