'Once more into the valley of death........'

Posted , 7 users are following.

OK Iv'e had it from my wife, my GP and my MP. This evening I have relented for the very last time and down loaded (fill in on the screen) form AA! (another Attendance Allowance claim form). I am convinced that the earliest I could re-apply is after 12 months but the opinion of all is that I can do it anytime.

?So in the morning off we go again.

?Letters and cheques to be sent to the 6 hospitals that I am under + the GP and the Mental Health Unit.for updated evidence.

Hopefully it will be ready this time next week - wish me luck!!!

0 likes, 40 replies

40 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

UPDATE

?Well I must admit that the DWP can work wonders in dealing promptly with post. Posted the claim off on the 14th and received a reply this lunchtime.

I read the letter and telephoned the DWP. Got nowhere, they tell me in the letter that I should make a MR by a date which was 2 months ago!!

?They said that I could ask for a late MR - so yes I did. I was asked why the application was over 2 months late and was honest and told them that I just didn't have the will power to go through the appeal system again so left it. She said that she had noted what I had said and that it will be put in front of a Decision Maker as soon as possible but that I should not get my hopes up that it will be accepted.

?Now I have the DWP refusing to accept a claim because they say my health problems/needs/difficulties are no different to what they were when I had the last face to face nearly 3 months ago. That is on the whole true.

?It looks like if I am to get anywhere it all hinges on whether the DM believes my excuse for not asking for a MR at the time, is acceptable. Then I have to go down the appeal road which I flatly refuse to entertain as I could not cope.

?I presume that the only real alternative is to wait until there is a further deterioration in my health and then claim again for that new deterioration.

?I also found out that the old guy who assessed me was a doctor and the young one that was taking more than a passing interest in the contents of our home and garden was a 'compliance officer'??

What a shambles this system is.

Mind you I watched V Derbyshire this morning and there was a part on it about the loss of awards when going from DLA to PIP.

?The MP from the DWP when asked what someone should be doing if the decision was wrong, he replied that there is an appeal system. But what if the claimant cannot for one reason or another face that prospect - he suggested that their MP may help?

?So it seems that there are lots of people that feel as I do.

“We received your claim on the 17th November 2016. We have considered what you have told us. Unfortunately we believe that there have been no material changes to your health since the ********* and considering that you already have had an assessment carried out by one of our doctors and a review by one of our compliance officers on the ********** we have decided that your claim is not accepted.

No formal decision is being made on this claim. This decision does not carry any rights of appeal.

If you wish to appeal against the decision made on the *************** you must first of all request a Mandatory Reconsideration which must be received by the **********”

• Posted

As Victor Meldrew would say      'I don't believe it' 

• Posted

I wasn't surprised to be honest - I had too many things going against it.

?I was taking the proverbial out of the DWP in expecting them to ignore what happened just under three months ago.

• Posted

Hi les,

Well at the very least they have confirmed receipt of your claim, late or not.

I assume you sent it by recorded delivery.

Best of luck for any positive outcome.

Mike.

• Posted

Yes they received the claim in one hand and decided that they would not accept it with the other!!

?Just waiting now to see if the request for a late MR is accepted, although I won't progress it as I can't cope with going through the appeal process again.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.