???ovary pain

Posted , 9 users are following.

ive experienced a sharp pain in my right ovary area that comes and goes in episodes for over 3 years now. saw a doc at the start of it all and had ca125 which was clear and a scan which was also fine. told it was ibs. over the last month this pain has been there most days. its like a sharp stabbing pain, it hurts more when i sit or am walking. i also have lower back ache (only mild). im now thinking its more peri related . anybody had similar???

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Hi Sandra, I used to get a very bad jolting pain on my left ovary... Years ago, after a clear ultrasound...I was told it was mittelsmertz. Basically, little cysts bursting and causing irritation to my uterine lining. I would describe the pain as like an electric shock...then a throb. Out of nowhere! Then, it would come again. I experienced it bad in my 20s. Then again right when perimeno started. Sometimes too, I have gotten a weaker version of that pain...but my stomach would bloat...that I think was GI.

• Posted

Thanks for giving me a new word to look up...mittelschmerz!

• Posted

Ha, ha! it is a German word too...ya learn something new everyday!

• Posted

Hi yes I get this too.. Ive always gotten the very sharp stabbing pains in my right ovary, my doctor always said it was a hormonal cyst that pops and then your body reabsorbs it.. And just these past few days ive had that same pain worse also when walking or sitting, and its gone now , and now a lot of belching trapped gas and palpatations with flutters in my chest, are my symptoms today, so I can't help but think its definitely related to the indigestion part of perimenopause...

• Posted

i have same pain, think you might have a cyst on your ovary. I got scan done couple weeks ago and ive got a cyst on my left ovary

• Posted

yes ive had both of them, really bad back ache before my period and ovary pain after period, i have been told im in peri

oh the joy

eloise xx

• Posted

Hi Sandra, I feel like I can discuss this, because I have been living this for several years. In my thirties the only time I got ovary pain was when I ovulated and it was almost always on my left side. I too was told it can sometimes happen during ovulation and normal.I just ignored it the best I could.....until I reached early 40's when I started getting stabbing pain on my right side. I went to emergency thinking it was appendix, which was ruled out, then a pelvic ultra sound which showed no cysts. I always have had lower back issues after being pregnant with my oldest son, so I thought perhaps this was related. Then I started to keep track and it seemed to come with ovulation and leading up to menses.It did feel like though when it flared up everything in my pelvis felt congested meaning difficult to pass gas or have a bowel movement, but when the fluctuations hormones ended so did this awful feeling. I continued to see different doctors (urologist and gynocologist) who fluffed it off to hormones I did request more tests, fecal testing, several more ultra sounds of upper and lower abdomen, xrays of my pelvis and back....everything was normal. Then I decided to see an osteopath and when she pressed on the area I felt the sharp pain and she said that is the illeocecal valve stuck open. she has worked that area and there is improvement, but now here is the kicker, the last two months I have ovulated from the left ovary again which has been years and it is horrid, stabbing pains, 2 to 3 days at period time and a good 24 hours at ovulation. I have had 4 pelvic ultra sounds and a pap test in the last 2 years and they find no cyst, nothing abnormal which I am thankful for but man oh man that pain!!!!! I am chalking it up to either I have endometriosis that has fused everything together over the years or my nerve pain is becoming more sensitive. I am 45 this year and hope that menses will soon end and I won't have to deal with this anymore. I can't say this is normal, but just know you are not alone.

• Posted

thank you for your reply. the doc just say irritable bowel but mine has always been linked to just before menses. recently tho its nearly all the time. pain shoots down my leg sometimes too. im 44 but still regular just have lots of peri symptoms tho

• Posted

I too have had this a few times over the last month I'm going through menopause and have had a dull sometimes pain in my right ovary area and also backache going to see the see the nurse next week, also had a bout of thrush and bled a little after sex which has never happened to me before!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.