Ad

Menopause

Also known as Perimenopause

Can you help? Discussions needing a reply

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Pinned

Menopause resources

Below are various resources for Menopause from leaflets to useful web sites and recommended discussions. There is a guide to using the forums here: http://patient.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/topics/59133-discussion-forums There are patient leaflets on Menopause as below which also have related tabs...

Last reply
  • menapause

I am 59 yrs old. Been in menapause for several yrs. This is what I am experiencing. Every 2 to 3 weeks I have a spell, which I refer to as my chronic flu symptoms, where I just get very tired one day and start feeling bad. I know what's coming next. By night or next day I have a very achy neck then...

Last reply
  • Perimenopause and the depo shot

I'm new to the forum and have a question I'm hoping someone else can relate. I've been on the depo provera shot for years and started having bad anxiety flare up after my last shot and found out that I am in perimenopause stages and have been for a few years and would like to know if I should...

Last reply
  • Bleeding and cramps

Hi ladies so glad i have joined my story is im 56 ,2 years ago i had an episode of post menopasual bleeding went to doctors had a internal pelvic ultra sound caeback good all was how it was meant to be.Lastyear had a smear ,it was all good .suddenly in the past2 to 3 weeks have started bleeding...

Last reply
  • Insomnia again. Please share your experiences.

I wake up easily during the night with any movement of my husband next to me. Then I cant go back to sleep no matter if it was only 2-3 or 4 hours that I actually slept.  It is killing me. I cant take sleeping pills. Has anybody found any solution? I might have some mild OCD -intrusive thoughts...

Last reply
  • Slight Bleed

I have gone without a period for 210 days. The other day I went to the bathroom and had some brown discharge. Then the next day brown with a streak of red. The 3rd day i had to wear a tampon because it started flowing for a half the day then stopped. Do I considered that my period and start counting...

Last reply
  • mkp mkp

Menopause Odor

I'm 52, and last period was 1 1/2 yrs ago. I'm having classic symptoms of menopause, but not severely. In the last couple of months though, I've developed a sharp fishy odor in my genitals. I can smell it when I sit with my legs open in a chair, even after showering. I have zero discharge....

Last reply
  • Anybody had stomach problems from starflower oil??

I've been recommended by my gp to take starflower oil for pms symptoms which have worsened - I'm 46, and mildly peri menopausal- sore breast and tense mood and also suffer with anxiety. My sister whose 47 is also suffering and told me to get a high strength dose, so I went to holland and Barrett...

Last reply
  • Jittery

I'm so glad I have found this thread.... I feel so alone, my husband is very understanding and supportive though and it helps so much but the symptoms of trembling, tremors, jittery, pulsating in body, headaches and anxiety are taking over my life, does anybody else feel this way?

Last reply
  • Reproductive Depression

So I am not sure if other women have looked into this but I have recently and its very eye opening. Dr. Studd is one of the leading people to approach depression from a hormonal view, in that much of our depression can and does stem from hormonal events during the course of our lives. menarche/pms/postnatal/peri/menopause...

Last reply
  • Perimenopause and SEVERE joint pain - any one else??

Hi I am 50 and have been in perimenopause for some time. I just wanted to post here to see if anyone else has suffered extreme joint pain as a result of fluctuating estrogen. Quick history: regular as clockwork from the age of 13 - up to and after the two pregnancies in my thirties. Then aged...

Last reply
  • Help ladies😢

Hi ladies so I'm 47 now and feeling like a complete nervous wreck most of the time I don't know if I'm coming or going…!  I started taking dong quai and it made feel somewhat better and it even seemed like it regulated my menstrual cycles but I went to the DR. For my thyroid levels to...

Last reply
  • tests to ask for at dr appt??

Hi all.. still struggling here with daily sympotms. Trying to figure out if it is Peri or something else. I have an appt at my gynecologist tomorrow for a consultation. Any suggestions on what to ask for testing? My family dr. ran the basic CBC for my yearly physical and nothing showed up on Estrodiol...

Last reply
  • Pains in legs

Can I ask, does anyone suffer with pains and aches in their legs at night? I have started being woken up by these pains and I'm just wondering are they related to the menopause, I have also started feeling very nauseous at times too.

Last reply
  • Perimenopause or Anxiety or ???

Hi everyone, I recently joined this, my first ever forum, in the hope of gaining knowledge and sharing experiences on the strange symptoms I have been experiencing the last few weeks. My first post focused on Anxiety and the possibility of Chronic Fatigue Syndrome. It has recently been brought to...

Last reply
  • Sadness

I have been a bit depressed all my life. There were always some worries, a bit of anxiety etc. Interestingly, when the peri progressed, due to the hormones changes my worries simply went away and I had two wonderfull years, eventhouģh I had many bodily problems, pains etc. However, this year doom...

Last reply
  • Nausea and Insomnia!

Oh I hate perimenopause.  I slept a whole 2 hours to wake at 2am so nauseous and sick to my stomach.  A horrible odor filled the room that I couldn’t identify although I glanced at my husband with suspicion.  It felt like I was pregnant again but I know that is not possible as I am almost...

Last reply
  • Menopause - Perimenopause and Nausea

Hello Ladies, I found a little slice of information that may help some of you. I'd been dealing with horrible morning sickness like symptoms for months now. I just referred to it as nausea. My daughter, who just had a baby said "mom, that sounds like morning sickness". And she was dead...

Last reply
  • Post Menopausal Brown Discharge

Hello everyone. I am 2+ years post menopausal and have had some slight brown discharge/staining and a little bit of cramping. U/A showed my uterus too thick at 9mm with increased vascularity and heterogeneity. Gyno has immediately referred me to Gyn Oncologist - I have a consultation in a few days then...

Last reply
  • Dietary changes yields big relief!

I'm prettt encouraged by this very quick relief I seem to have gotten just from a couple basic changes in diet and lifestyle without even yet getting my prescription filled ( I will but now it's not so urgent ) Recently I read about using more natural or raw foods, instead of refined breads and...

Last reply
  • Help!!!

I am 51 and my symptoms keep on fluctuating.i sweat profusely/my cheeks become bright red/heaviness on head/space out/palpitation/anxious/irritated and stress.I don't feel like doing anything.Ladies am I really suffering from menopause or is it some other ailment which I am not aware of.I don't...

Last reply
  • HRT medication advice.

hi ladies. its me again I wasn't a bit of advice really, before I go see my gp on Monday, about changing my HRT because Premarin was giving me migraines, and it was effecting my contact lenses too. i would like to know which HRT some of you lovely ladies are on and with the least side effects please....

Last reply
  • Watery Pink Discharge After A Period.

Hi there. I was just wondering if anyone else experienced this. I'm 51 and for the past few months I've had a watery pink discharge at the end of my period which lasts about a week. At first I thought I'd developed some sort of incontinence but then I realised where it was coming from!!!...

Last reply
  • Swollen feet and legs

Anyone have a problem with swollen feet and legs?  Just came on in the last month or so.  Periods still pretty regular (though a D&C for a fibroid showed signs of anovulation) and kidney function fine.  

Posted
  • I can't take it anymore!! Perimenopause horrible..HELP!

I am 48 years old, stay at home mom with two children.  They are in school, I try to keep myself very busy.  I have had OCD and anxiety, I have been fighting it for years. But, now the Perimenopause is really terrible..depressed, mood swings, tension headaches, dry and itchy skin. I have spoken...

Last reply
  • limbs fall aslsep

for the past month every nite throughout the nite i wake up with arms/legs/ feet asleep. this happend a year ago and is back. anyone else get this? i have health anxiety so please no scary ideas. i had brain mri done beg of 2016 and was normal thanks ladies!

Last reply
  • What do you do?

Hi there, So for the past weeks I have been feeling pretty good no real issues & then last night and today I had some muscle tightening in my calf and some sadness & feeling like I was going to cry.  Nothing major at all compared to how I use be & was more annoying than anything. ...

Last reply
  • Hair thinning

Has anyone suffered with hair thinning through the menopause, Ive lost so much hair can see my scalp. I've been taking hrt for 6 months now haven't seen any improvement anyone have any suggestions or found anything that has helped. Been losing my hair for over 5 years was told at first it was...

Last reply
  • There is hope, stay strong

I am now around 1 year post meno give or take. I just would like ladies to know there is light at the end of the tunnel, although you may not feel like that at the moment. Just remember that an unlucky few continue symptoms for eternity, and as time passes they become less bothersome and mild in comparison...

Last reply
  • Perimenopause severe coldness?? Anyone

Hello Ladies ! I get these cold spells once a month. They are usually before my periods. My hormones are over the place right now being in perimenopause for 4 yrs now. I started to get these cold days where they was bearable in my first year. I would wake up at night and be chilled to the bone....

Last reply
  • Awful, awful Day...😩

I do think I'm completely losing it.... My spotting between periods is completely and utterly consuming me, it starts when I ovulate and last until my period. My day  was going really well until about 3 hours ago when I went to the loo and there was spotting,  I could literally have burst...

Last reply
  • Peri-menopause & vomitting/anxiety

I've been vomitting for over a year. I'm 43 but early menopause runs in the family. I get my period every two weeks and the days leading up are awful. I can't eat because I'm so nauseous but then I dry heave for hours. It's violent, the blood vessels around my eyes burst, my ribs...

Last reply
  • perimenopause hell

Hi I am new to this forum...I found it online while googling 'skin burning hormones'.  I have had two weeks of sheer hell and was in tears reading the posts from other women who are experiencing the same skin issues, overwhelming dread, health anxiety,heart palpatations, insomnia and...

Last reply
  • Burning pain and early menopause

Hi there,  i have recently entered early menopause and have been experiencing severe burning in my hands and face. I went to a London clinic and began taking estrogel (non bio HrT) and felt that the severe burning became worse and started to come in my feet (agony) as well as hands. Since stopping...

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.