Skip to content

Menopause

Also known as Perimenopause

Can you help? Discussions needing a reply

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Pinned

Menopause resources

Below are various resources for Menopause from leaflets to useful web sites and recommended discussions. There are patient leaflets on Menopause as below which also have related tabs with more information such as medicine leaflets, blogs etc. https://patient.info/health/menopause-and-hrt-leaflet https://patient.info/health/menopause-alternatives-to-hrt...

Last reply
  • Depressed

Share it and talk to people it's shocking how many people feel the same, life is for living sadly we are all so busy coping we have lost the art of life

Last reply
  • Sleep stealer

post menopause nine yrs...I know I’ve posted before about this ..it keeps returning 3/4 nites of the week sleep 6hrs or more then nights in between 2/3 ...it’s worrying me a bit..jus wondered does anyone else have this...is it insomnia or lack of hormones...I don’t have any..when my hfs levels were tested...

Last reply
  • Perimenopause.. catch 22

Hi all, Does anyone else feel like perimenopause is a catch 22?? I'm finding this of late. I have every textbook symptom going. Insomnia being a biggie. I find when I haven't slept well I have worse fatigue (if that's possible) and more palpitations. This then triggers anxiety, lightheadedness...

Last reply
  • Anxiety so bad, losing it

hi ladies,  i really think im heading for a breakdown, I have called in sick all week for work, because I'm not sleeping, panic attacks as I fall asleep, crying etc, it's all because my dr has fast tracked me to a gynocologist, after a pelvic scan I had Monday, I came back with ademyosis...

Last reply
  • Bloated Stomach

For the past couple of weeks Ive been having a very bloated stomach. It is very uncomfortable. The thing is that it is mainly bloated in the upper part of stomach and tighter than the other part of the abdomen. I have a hiatal hernia and gerd so i dont know of it could be from those issues or the perimenopause....

Last reply
  • Living

Kick menopause up the bum !! We as women are tough stick together and fight this 🤩

Last reply
  • Back on forum, getting real help

I hit bottom today with my lifelong anxiety.  I am 47 and have had peri symptoms for almost 4 years and there have been times when I have let fear keep me from getting care.  Tomorrow morning, I have a gyn appointment for help with some real, legitimately scary symptoms that I hoped would go...

Last reply
  • Suicidal thoughts in perimenopause please help!!

I am having suicidal thoughts everyday now. No doctor has been able to help me. I know I'm in perimenopause. My gyno says there's nothing wrong with me even though my testosterone was low and my progesterone was 0.2!! I don't know what to do anymore. I'm on an antidepressant but it does...

Last reply
  • Is it menopause or aging?

Hi, I've been a member for over a year and have been reading many of the discussions. I am wondering if menopause really has 200+ symptoms, or if some of it is just age. Or are people calling aging menopause? The reason I question a lot of this is that I had so many of the symptoms before menopause,...

Last reply
  • pitiriasis versicolor and yeast infections due to hypoestrogenism?

During my childhood, I remember myself that every spring and/or autumn my mother arranged an appointment with my dermatologist because some parts of my body ( especially upper body, back, sternum, scalp with pitiriasis) were being infected by fungus. I had a diagnosis of pitiriasis versicolor and I used...

Last reply
  • Does anyone else feel like they can eat an entire grocery store?

Can anyone of you wonderful ladies help me out with my appetite? The current symptom of perimenopause for me is feeling constantly hungry. Well, not hungry but always wanting to eat, especially sweets. Can anyone relate or does anyone have any advice? You will be saving me a lot of money in elastic waistband...

Last reply
  • period continues

Hi Ladies, i have just been reading on menopause matters and now feel  anxious. I have had a period now for 26 days  none stop. I am not bleeding heavy all the time but, have flooded several times then spot for a few days then bleed more, then spot again. When i say spotting  it remains...

Last reply
  • The psychological side of peri and meno - unresolved issues?

I read that this phase of life is when unresolved issues from the first half/part of life tend to show up and need attention, resolution, etc.  This has happened to me in a big way over the last year, figuring out that my mother has a narcissistic personality disorder on top of the severe anxiety...

Last reply
  • Severe back and joint pain - due to perimenopause?

Hi everyone, I'm looking for relief from severe joint pain - I think due to hormone fluctuations. I have been suffering for 13 years - since the age of 38 with severe back pain, hip pain, leg pain, and foot pain. I have debilitating "episodes" every four years or so where I have an EXCRUCIATINGLY...

Last reply
  • Pain and spasms

I’m 52 now I was doing so well for a year now all of a sudden out of no where chest wall spasm GERD pain that goes into my back.  Just had a physical recently everything was ok other than my cholesterol which is elevated.  echo ekg and chest X-ray all normal in the past 1-2 years all this starting...

Last reply
  • 58 postmenopausal

I'm 58 post menopausal , been going through this for 5years now ,been on antidepressants for the same length of time for anxiety and depression, carnt go on hrt as mother and sister had breast cancer 😔. The past 2year have been the worst for me anxious all the time ,panic attack every morning...

Last reply
  • Anxiety

does anyone else suffer health anxiety that is worse just as period finishes. I feel awful tonight had jaw pain and toothache yesterday now it's just my jaw and due to anxiety I've convinced myself it's heart related. my anxiety always throws up the same thing heart issues. I'm so fed...

Last reply
  • Perimenopause or detached from life

I feel like that batty cat lady from the Simpsons - I feel like I LOOK mad, and I am unravelling mentally and physically. I'm 49 and have been going through the peri-menopause for a couple of years. First my periods were horribly clotty and heavy and every three weeks, now in the last six-nine...

Last reply
  • Perimenapause--I feel like I'm dying

The night sweats and all the other related symptoms started about 3 weeks ago.  I went to the doctor and was prescribed estrogen.  I thought I would feel better but I don't. I don't want to spend time with my family or anyone else--but I don't want to be alone.  Scared this...

Last reply
  • Weight lost

Hi....everybody My Dr. Told me I was perimenpause I am going some crazy. I am listing weight, I can't sleep at night, dizziness, sometime shortness of breath, chest pain, skipping heartbeat, always worrying, join pain burning sensation in my life side than move from my side to my stomach....

Last reply
  • Heart health

can i please reassure everyone who suffers from ectopic beats and palpatations they are quiet common even in athletes and young healthy individuals..I know they are frightening.ive had them all my life..I’ve had echocardiogram and ecgs 24 hr holsters..get your drs to get you checked out for peace of...

Last reply
  • Perimenopause,has anyone been getting ocular migraines ?..

Hi girls I’m perimenopause and have been for a few years this awlful peri has changed me as a person and mentally , I’ve been getting times when I see zigzags in my eyes found out I’m having ocular migraine s once the zigzags go I’m left with a headache was wondering if anyone else gets this , I’m sure...

Last reply
  • Perimenopause Horrific Period cramping

I just realized last December that all my bizarre symptoms are due to perimenopause. Anyway, my newest symptom is horribly painful period cramps. I have a retroverted uterus so the pain is 90% in my back during my period, but dang...i don't remember ever having cramps this painful.  Anyone else?

Last reply
  • i feel like im dying

how can peri make me feel this sick it started jan 2016 but past 3 months have beem horrible. i wake up at 5am feeling so sick. i am beyond tired everyday all day ( prob cause i dont sleep much ) and my body doesnt feel good. i feel like i am slowly dying and even tho all my tests come back normal (...

Last reply
  • Exercise brings on symptoms?

I know they say that exercise will help perimenopause symptoms but i can no longer seem to do any exercise now. Before, i could and it wouldnt bother me at all, but now if i try to exercise i start hurting randomly, no special place, just anywhere, shoulder, back, legs , arms, etc. My heart also start...

Last reply
  • Femseven - thrush!!!

Hi all,  Can I ask - does anyone who uses or has used Femseven patches suffer from vaginal thrush? I have just started on the progesterone/oestrogen type patches last week and yesterday started with thrush, today it's soooo bad and I seem to have started bleeding early too which is totally out...

Last reply
  • Swallowing saliva and bile reflux

I have been reading the forum for several months and in most of the posts I read about dry mouth as a symptom of menopause but in my case I have the opposite problem! ​I have gastritis, ibs and bile reflux which is weird because I still have my gall. ​My saliva gets better when I eat, but usually comes...

Last reply
  • Noise issues

Omg, what is with this sound sensitivity! Once again I thought I was losing it. Oh wow. I just dont understand why our physicians, especially if they are female, why do they not tell us what to expect?

Last reply
  • Perimenopause

Hi ladies, Having read most of these posts and discussions on here this past week, it's made me realise that I am not alone in what I can only describe as a battle with Perimenopause. Knowing that I am not the only one to experience ongoing, horrendous symptoms on what seems like a daily basis...

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.