Skip to content

Menopause

Also known as Livial, Perimenopause, Tibolone

Can you help? Discussions needing a reply

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Pinned

Menopause resources

Below are various resources for Menopause from leaflets to useful web sites and recommended discussions. There are patient leaflets on Menopause as below which also have related tabs with more information such as medicine leaflets, blogs etc. https://patient.info/health/menopause-and-hrt-leaflet https://patient.info/health/menopause-alternatives-to-hrt...

Last reply
  • The subject that can’t be discussed ....

Just went On the patch and have a friend who’s on one too. Trying to ask her about it and it’s like I’m asking for her bloody PIN number . Why do women close off With regard to this subject ?  Don’t worry now I am more informed I will spread the word and will NEVER be like that. 

Last reply
  • Hysteroscopy

Ok has anybody had this procedure? I am 59 and still having irregular periods. Older women in my family who still have their uterus, went until 57, 58. I also have fibroids. Doc said she isn't worried but I am!! She said she just wants to check thickness and fibroids. Pap was normal. Trying not to...

Last reply
  • For the Ladies on antidepressants to manage peri question...

Now I know hormones are the root cause and ADs will nit fix that.  That being said have any of you ladies been able to just take your antidepressant alone to manage your symptoms?  How long did they work for you.  How long have you been on them?   Please respond too if you take an...

Last reply
  • Psychological Symptoms Seem to Be Slowly Improving

After close to a year of dealing with depression, anxiety, intrusive thoughts, and feelings of terror, things seem to be moving in a more positive direction. I am noticing that most days, I am getting periods (sometimes a good chunk of the day) where I am my old self (laughing, animated, happy). I have...

Last reply
  • Has peri changed your personality?

Does anyone feel like perimenopause has given you a different perspective on life? What does your spouse, children, friends, etc. say (if anything) to, or about you? Most importantly, what do you say or feel about it? Are you less tolerant, more assertive, or the opposite? I feel as if i’ve changed quite...

Last reply
  • Confused about menopause only have insomnia and anxiety

When I had my hysterectomy at 39 they removed my uterus and ovaries.  I went on hrt for two years then took myself off.  My mom does not believe I am going through menopause.  I am 45 years old and been having insomnia for months.  Also I do have mild depression and anxiety. ...

Last reply
  • Frustrated

I have had a cough for a year and a half I have had all kinds of test and they come up with acid reflex allergies and asthma I’m 47 years old and never had promblem a before I am on a birth control for s fibroid tumer could this make me have  symptoms of allergy’s and asthma please  I am on...

Last reply
  • What Helps?.....

Hi ladies I don't know if there is a thread where we can share what helps with some of the symptoms or what gets us through, but I'm hoping we can pool any tips. I'm 43, mother of 1 with primary ovarian failure diagnosed since 16.....basically menopausal forever. I've been on bhrt for...

Last reply
  • I'm Still Not Experiencing Menopause at 67 years of age

Previously, I shared that I have never gone 12 months without having vaginal bleeding; therefore, believe that I am still in peri-menopause despite what previous doctors believed. i am now 67 and feel great. The bleeding is slowly stopping. I've read other posts on this forum confirming that other...

Last reply
  • Peri and extreme anxiety and joyless

Hi all... I've been experiencing really bad anxiety/panic attacks recently. I've never ever had it this bad before. It's mainly social anxiety, i.e...inability to go into most shops - especially big ones! Anything can trigger it. Which is a nuisance. Anyone else have this problem?. I've...

Last reply
  • i feel like im dying

how can peri make me feel this sick it started jan 2016 but past 3 months have beem horrible. i wake up at 5am feeling so sick. i am beyond tired everyday all day ( prob cause i dont sleep much ) and my body doesnt feel good. i feel like i am slowly dying and even tho all my tests come back normal (...

Last reply
  • Upset with my current Gyn

Two weeks ago I was put back on premarin .625. He also gave me 100mg of progesterone. Since I have only been on these for 2 weeks I realize this is not enough time to see how the dosage will work. I have noticed increase anxiety and some heart palpitations. I called his office yesterday...

Last reply
  • Crazy palpitations!

I’ve had constant palpitations for the last 24 hours. Really making me crazy! It got so bad when I tried to go to bed last night that I took a 25mg metoprolol. (I take a 50mg tablet daily for SVT, but had the 25 on hand from a failed attempt to reduce the dosage.) It helped me get to sleep and so far...

Last reply
  • Weight Gain/Bloating

Hi, I am really struggling with weight gain/bloating in perimenopause. I have never been overweight and this is really getting me down. I feel so uncomfortable. I eat a balanced diet and exercise regularly. Has anyone used a supplement or diet pill that has worked for this? Thanks

Last reply
  • Frozen shoulder symptoms

Hi ladies, I have pains in my left shoulder and upper arm underside where it's flabby, Just wondering if anyone going thru Perimenapause had this symptoms and how long it last? What Did you use to ease the pain, especially during the night?

Last reply
  • UTI after a bath

I had a bath now a UTI is this common ? I am anxious have panic attacks and dont want to go out . I am also very itchy 

Last reply
  • Pleurisy???

Has anyone ever been diagnosed with pleurisy? I  went to Dr. today for my shoulder - chest pain she said it could be pleurisy... I am in so much pain it hurts to breathe.

Last reply
  • Sore breasts

Periods have been every 45 days now for last month breasts sore but today is day 52.  Scared never had sore breasts this long !  Anyone else have this symptoms ?

Last reply
  • Can I cut my HRT patch in half ?

I’m going cuckoo today at my wits end !!! Only 4 weeks on the patch and although it’s lifted my fatigue and dizziness I have terrible depression now.  Is it too strong for me ? Should I cut it in half ? I  am very sensitive to medications . The weeks months are passing by ... can’t make any...

Last reply
  • Horrible Nausea, Feel Pregnant

Four years since thew hot flashes started, periods are now 4-5 months in between and I ahve had a slough of crazy symptoms! I am 54, and probably have experienced the worst case of nausea yet as a PMS symptom, literally have been feeling like I could throw up for days. Not only that but smell has become...

Last reply
  • Odd sensations!!!

I feel like I’m always on here!!  Feeling very frightened/anxious today as I’m experiencing lots of odd sensations!!! Light headed, woozy, aches and pains and so it goes on.  Is this normal after no period for 15 months?

Last reply
  • How were you just before you crashed ?

I bring this subject up as before I crashed I had some of the best months . I felt great !!!! balanced energized ..... I find this so strange as I crashed around April 13th. I wonder why this would happen ? I mean I worked out every day for months ... never really fatigued .... I went on trips overseas...

Last reply
  • Confidence ....

I just switched off mentally for about 2 minutes and had a glimpse of my old self ... relaxed content confident .  I think part of the worry depression anxiety is not having control of our body ... remember when you first learned to ride a bike ... for a few minutes you’re so scared. Well I’ve come...

Last reply
  • Just can't take any more

Hi ladies just had enough of it all had been doing ok now just feel so bad , got different hrt 6 weeks ago felt ok then I had a period for 3 days than 4 days after I started to bleed again and now I am all over the place feel that bad not gone to work which makes me feel worse for messing them around....

Last reply
  • Trouble swallowing

Hi everyone hope you can help me. I have had for a few months the feeling that something is stuck in my throat and it won't go down . I have gone to the GP ( 2 of them), to be told it could be silent reflux/ post Nasal drip/ anxiety /sinisus and menopause. I have had s endoscope 2 years ago and...

Last reply
  • Has anybody felt suicidal ?

Not to be morbid but just wondering with all these hormone changes if anybody has felt this way ? I only bring it up as it’s happened to me and I know it will pass and we’ll all feel better one day but when you are so desperate that it crosses your mind ... you know you’re not in a good place . 

Last reply
  • Perimenopause anxiety, nausea, mild depression

Hi ladies I've been experiencing perimenopause symptoms for last few months, ny life has turned upside down. Anxiety, palpitations, nausea, vomiting headaches and ear ringing. My question to you ladies, have you tried any supplements that help relieve these symptoms? Has anyone tried magnesium...

Last reply
  • Sleeping patterns ...

I was in bed  asleep by 10 and up and 8am. It may sound like enough sleep but for me if I wake up before 9am I’m just no good . I’m trying to get back to my regular pattern asleep by 11 11.30 up at 9.30 but just can’t seem to . I’m wondering if my new HRT patch has something to do with it or is...

Last reply
  • I think im reading too many stories and scaring myself..

I just love the support here,  but i sit and read all this and i wanna cry my eyes out.  I know we are all different but i can have what i feel are my own peri experiences and then read someone else’s and start feeling theirs too?  Is it power of suggestion?  im so upset tonight i...

Last reply
  • Hiccups??

Has anyone been woke up by a bout of the hiccups and could this be another strange symptom?

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.