Skip to content

Menopause

Also known as Livial, Perimenopause, Tibolone

Can you help? Discussions needing a reply

All discussions in this group

Next
  • sheart racing at night then waking early hours cant sleep.

hi all  i went up a estrogen patch from 50 to a 75 but i ended up cutting a bit off as it made me feel like i was havi g bad pms and shakes. but still even thoe im not putting the full patch on im not right i feel unbalanced homonaly. iv started to sweat more again and feeling tierd. but at …

Posted
  • Perimanipouse and lower back and legs pain

Anyone who is going through Peri having pain in lower back and legs ,I was ok all day till around 4 pm I felt a pain I’m my back and going down to my legs like when u have very bad flu that goes deep in bones I took iboprofine which did help little ,but it is scarring me ,is it pri symptoms 

Last reply
  • Almost two years with Perimenopause..

Hi ladys  New to this forum So far the off balance feeling the inner shaky weird feeling and pain outside the one ear are my symptoms.. It’s hard... Wish i could have a hot flash instead of these awful stuff.. Has any of you ladies had these symptoms and got help with supplements or remedies?? …

Posted
  • Menopause and cramps

Weakened at 3am with painful cramp in my ankle which lasted about 20minutes. It was agony I couldn't even stand up. Also getting cramps in my arm and armpit. Had a breast examination at doctors as was anxious being on hrt and breast cancer clots etc. Anyone else suffering this and is it just …

Posted
  • Perimenopause and loss of apetite

Hi Lovely ladies i am 3 yrs in peri, past months my periods have become lighter, this month no period, I also feel nausea, loss of appetite  at Times and other times I eat a lot, I feel also depressed at times, the symptoms comes and goes, even my blood pressure fluctuates, high, low, normal... …

Last reply
  • Can someone help? Going out of my mind with worry !!

Good evening I really hope somebody could advise. I'm 46 and have been in peri for about 5 years but no major effects just the odd missed period, heavy period and the discovery of a fibroid. I had some tests done last Dec that confirmed in am in peri and had my last period at the beginning of …

Last reply
  • Anxiety & antidepressants

Do you ladies think antidepressants (AD) can be a cure for anxiety? ! I have a 9 year old daughter. I feel sorry for her & feel very guilty. I am 49 and anxiety is too much that I don't want to do much outside the house, don't like inviting her friends around & dealing with other …

Last reply
  • Husband horny & I could care less if I ever have sex again!

I'm 54 and no period for a full year. My main problem other than vaginal dryness/atrophy is zero sex drive. My husband and I frequently argue & fight over this. I have not used any hormone replacement. I can't be the only one with this problem, how have you dealt with this? Does BHRT …

Last reply
  • Off balance - anyone come out the other end?

Hello Ladies, I have mentioned from previous posts that I have an off balance sensation when I walk which is very hard to cope with as it's daily and has stopped me from going out. I am sure I am in the peri stage at 45 and periods closer together and heavy. I have just started the mini pill …

Last reply
  • Constant adrenaline cant sit still!!!!

Hi again ladies I am over a year no period was in peri ten years. I feel like ive got constant adrenaline. Feel like im having a breakdown. I just dont know what to do with myself. Hot flushes and sweats are in full force. I thought peri was hell but this is even worse if thats possible. Im losing …

Last reply
  • Late period

My period was 3 weeks late, does anyone know if periods start coming closer together or further apart at the end of perimenopause? x

Last reply
  • Libido does it ever come back?

My periods stopped in June 2017. Ever since my libido abruptly stopped. I have had a very active sex life, me and my partner used to have sex twice or thrice a week but now I just don't know what to do. My partner is very understanding but I know he is suffering. I feel nothing, no part of my …

Last reply
  • Sleep Apnea

Anyone by chance develop sleep apnea with the onset of menopause/peri menopause? I'm considering doing a sleep study to see if this is a possibility for me. The same day all these crazy/awful symptoms started was the same day I stopped drifting off to sleep easily. Now, as soon as I am …

Last reply
  • The fatigue !!! Agh!!!!

I had a night out last night ... naughty me ! Home by 9pm asleep by 10.45 awake at 7.30am tonight I’m paying for it . Ready for bed st 6pm and trying to stay up but can’t Keep my eyes open . Trying to reregulate my clock and it’s not working 😩 I want to stay up later and get up later so I …

Last reply
  • No zest for life .... nothing excites me.

I wondered if anybody else feels this way? I used to get excited if the bloody gardener was coming ! Now I don’t even care about the garden.  I used to order clothes online all the time didn’t keep most of them but I’d get a little buzz about it . Now I couldn’t give a s***.  I’d get …

Last reply
  • An Inside Job

Over the course of 16 months (which has been my sentence so far) ive learned that this Per/Meno condition or whatever you want to call it..isnt a quick fix. I feel as though i have reached the crossroad of my life, and this is natures way of showing me that i need to go inward. ya i know it all …

Last reply
  • Why do i feel so scared?

Hi ladies, I really hope you are all doing better than I feel right now. Lately, Ive been feeling scared of my own company as it gives me too much time to think and ruminate. I feel as though I'm not strong emotionally and I'm often fearful about my future and life in general. A grown woman …

Last reply
  • Tiredness to much sleep

after finally getting my hormones balanced I feel happy in myself apart from the fatigue. I don’t let it affect my daily life but I can sleep 8_9 hrs a night and wake up feeling watery eyed and lethargic,I am  ok once up, I practice yoga 4 times a week and daily walks and eat a fairly good …

Last reply
  • Red tongue anybody? W T A F......

Is this just one of those new and delightful symptoms of peri (5 years in)?  I've clearly googled it to the max but wondered if anybody else has experienced this..............arrived in the evening, gone by the morning...  Apparently could be down to low estrogen - thank you, hormones, …

Last reply
  • United we stand!

Hey ladies, I just wanted to say that you are all amazing inspirational women. We all have our individual stories of how the menopause affects us. We share our experiences and reach out to help those who seek it. We are the greatest! Xxx we are as one!

Last reply
  • endometrial biopsy results

I got my biopsy results from the Lab but missed a call from the doctor.  I won't be able to speak to her until Friday now.  Does anyone know how to interpret the results.  I've been looking it up but keep getting conflicting informa ENDOMETRIAL BIOPSY : FRAGMENTS OF BENIGN …

Last reply
  • What is going on?

I went to the doctor yesterday, weight gain, fluid retention, low moods, fatigue, grumpy cow, no motivation. I am married not happily because he doesn't give a toss about me my 6 year old twin girls are my world. I am 47 my periods are getting further apart blood test show last year I am in …

Last reply
  • feeling feverish but no fever

hi all, does anyone else get the feeling of having a fever but you dont? it's so weird, I feel like I'm burning up but my skin is cool to the touch. I feel like I'm freezing for no apparent reason. this is a new symptom for me and is very frustrating.

Last reply
  • Having internal body vibrations/buzzing.

I've been experiencing these body vibrations/buzzing for about 2 months now. It started out mostly at night waking me up between 1am to 4am..if I try to sleep through it it gets worse and even into my head. I've had several really bad mornings where its been so bad I get out of bed in a …

Last reply
  • No appetite

Hi all it’s me again with more worry! This last week I have had very little appetite and burping hours after I have eaten. Wore jeans yesterday which felt uncomfortable around my middle. Have definitely put weight on. My gran had ovarian cancer and now I’m in meltdown. Can you please tell me if you …

Last reply
  • Menopause

Hi all, I’ve been going through menopause for 8 yrs now😢but lately my ankles,knees an hips are so painful,some mornings can hardly walk! Now my wrists n fingers kill..Has anyone else having this? Can’t go docs again be sick seeing me🙈 Thanks x

Last reply
  • F****d off?

Forgot password but got in anyway. Why do we feel so guilty about something that is beyond our control. Nerves on edge, wobbly, scared but hiding it and all down to bloody hormones! Keep expressing yourselves.. Love to all of you going through so much confusion xxxx

Last reply
  • Post Menopausal Brown Discharge

Hello everyone. I am 2+ years post menopausal and have had some slight brown discharge/staining and a little bit of cramping. U/A showed my uterus too thick at 9mm with increased vascularity and heterogeneity. Gyno has immediately referred me to Gyn Oncologist - I have a consultation in a few days …

Last reply
  • Confused about Peri Meno and post Meno

I think my Peri started at 41 and my periods stopped in December . Now I’m in post meno at 52 by my blood results . So when is menopause ?  I did have 2 months of missed periods 4 years ago and a few hot flashes sweating no big deal no major breakdown but NOTHING like I am now .  So Am i …

Last reply
  • Crippling Depression in Late Perimenopause

I am a year into this depression now, and I am finding it hard to continue to find the strength to keep going forward. I keep telling myself that this isn't a life sentence, and it has to end some time, but it is becoming increasingly difficult to bear and to continue to find the hope to go on. …

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.