Ad

Menopause

Also known as Perimenopause

Can you help? Discussions needing a reply

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Pinned

Menopause resources

Below are various resources for Menopause from leaflets to useful web sites and recommended discussions. There is a guide to using the forums here: http://patient.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/topics/59133-discussion-forums There are patient leaflets on Menopause as below which also have related tabs...

Last reply
  • lower back pain that wont go and bleeding with clots

im 49 and for a year now I have had lower back pain that wont go my gp its nothing to worry even tho he as never checked my back then on the 28th sept 2017 I started my period and I'm still bleeding and losing clots now my blood pressure keep dropping low which is making me dizzy and light headed...

Last reply
  • Sick of peri

I'm over it.  I've tried everything - take or don't take this supplement, eat or don't eat this food, get off sugar or have a little chocolate every day because life is short, get lots of exercise to lose weight or only a little so fatigue doesn't get worse, go to this or that...

Last reply
  • perimenopausal

Hi i am posting as at 46 i believe i am perimenopausal. I am having periods but for the past 2 years they have gone from 28 cycle to  22 day, 42 days then normal again at 28 days. My shins have become so itchy at times i could scratch them off. I don't have night sweats or hot flashes but ...

Posted
  • Pink spotting for a day - 18 months into menopause - advice?!

Hello ladies.... I found a couple of old threads on here that were relevant but as I said, one was 4 years old. So I'm asking if anyone else is /has experienced this recently? ​I had a tiny bit of cramp yesterday on and off through the day the cramp was milder but similar to the old feeling I had...

Last reply
  • Post Menopausal Brown Discharge

Hello everyone. I am 2+ years post menopausal and have had some slight brown discharge/staining and a little bit of cramping. U/A showed my uterus too thick at 9mm with increased vascularity and heterogeneity. Gyno has immediately referred me to Gyn Oncologist - I have a consultation in a few days then...

Last reply
  • progesterone

anybody had a bad effects after taking progesterone ?i was taking prometrium for more than a month now at first it was helping i sleep more than i used to be and hot flushes not as more but still i have the mood swing but it stop working so i went back to the doctor i asked if i can double dosage so...

Last reply
  • Moving forward

Nanette, Happy Birthday, today try and push through....dont let the symptoms weigh u down....u r stronger than the symptoms and besides its ur birthday....turn some music, go for a walk maybe for 5 mins.... play in ur makeup, go to the mall and walk around....dont sit and soak in the thoughts that u...

Posted
  • Have to go for Biopsy

Has anyone had to go for a  biopsy  of the uterus ?  Inserting two tablets of  MISOPROSTOL into the vagina night before  procedure  ??

Last reply
  • BioHRT

Has anyone outhere had good results with HRT ?  Does it take the symptoms away?   I’m desperate!  I want to feel myself again. 😢

Last reply
  • Menopause or Bipolar

I have delt with depression for years and now have been diagnosed with Bipolar as well. I need to find out if part of this isn't Menopause. They said I'm full on Menopause months after they have been treating my mental health issues. Reading some of the different women on here leads me to beleive...

Last reply
  • Aching joints and sleep deprivation

Morning Ladies, I joined this forum a week ago today.  It has been so helpful and lovely to find fellow followers with similar ailments. Saturday night I enjoyed a very good nights sleep 😴.  It made such a difference to my day yesterday.  Had so much energy and actually achieved...

Last reply
  • Menopause and Depression

Hi I am 44 and started menopausing when I was about 38.  Just recently I have been feeling really low and worrying about bad things happening.  I can't seem to focus on anything good.  I feel selfish for feeling this way.  I was on a high dose of antidepressants but they gave...

Last reply
  • Is anyone at this stage losing weight??

Is there anyone who's perimenopausal losing weight as i appear to be doing, i know am not a good eater as i feel nauseas and have no appetite but i do eat sufficient and i thought we put weight on during this time. if anyone is experiencing this i would feel so much better knowing thanks x

Last reply
  • Feeling awful...is it menopause?

Hi  I'm 53 and had my last period 3 years ago.  I've had hot flushes for 4 years but nothing major.  For the last 2 months I've been feeling awful....headaches, dizzy, feeling spaced out, no energy, hot flushes getting worse, cold flushes, nausea.....Could this be the menopause...

Last reply
  • The Mind

Hi girls does any of you have the menopause constant on the mind I find that every time I stop doing things its there..when I wake up I'm thinking about it,I try to keep busy with house work watching TV going on the Internet and so forth likes it constant reminder what your going through..maybe if...

Last reply
  • Taking HRT with blood clots

Hi, I had Lemiere's Disease a year ago, and still have a blood clot in my jugular vein and 2 in my sinus veins. For this reason my GP says I can't have hrt. I've found some info saying you can't have it if you're predisposed to getting clots. I have been tested and do not have thombophilia....

Last reply
  • Vertigo and dizziness help! B6 and B12

Hey there is hope!  Hey JJ you were right about the B vitamins you suggested I tske.  Good for vertigo and dizziness.  I haven't been on here because I actually felt like doing something today . I wasn't as dizzy today!!  The only thing I have done different are those B...

Last reply
  • Aching joints

Hi haven't posted for a while. Just wondering I'm going through the menapause, I'm on hrt patches but my joints ache and are painful sometimes. I do have arthritis in some joints but its a lot of my joints at the moment. Does any of you ladies out there have the same problem xx

Last reply
  • Hyperactive Thyroid with perimenopause

Hello Ladies Well i did find out why my heart palpitations , anxiety , stomach issues, weigh loss, nervousness , and perimenopause are so ongoing and severe. My thyroids are overactive. I've never had thyroid problems before this perimenopause. In addition, while having my echo and stress test for...

Last reply
  • Perimenopause or detached from life

I feel like that batty cat lady from the Simpsons - I feel like I LOOK mad, and I am unravelling mentally and physically. I'm 49 and have been going through the peri-menopause for a couple of years. First my periods were horribly clotty and heavy and every three weeks, now in the last six-nine...

Last reply
  • I've been suffering depression for about 6 weeks

I've started natural HRT 3 weeks ago, but I am still having depresion and some anxiety. It is so good to read that HRT has helped some of you ladies that I am hoping it helps me so that I can stop taking Clonazepam which was prescribed by my doctor.   

Last reply
  • So scared

I had a what seemed like a light period after 2 years (I'm 54) I had all the PMS symptoms a week or so prior and felt typical of ovulation. I panicked and went to see my GP who referred me for a TVS - saw Gynaecologist straight afterwards who said my lining was 6mm thick and said she was concerned...

Last reply
  • Menopause! Fatigue, crying, aching, nauseous, headaches

Sitting here crying...... again! Feeling awful.  Woke up this morning feeling nauseous and aching legs.  Went for a run on Monday.  Still recovering.  Had hoped to go again yesterday but felt awful.  Tired all the time.  Anxious about everything.  Putting on weight...

Last reply
  • Progesterone effects, and vaginal insertion of estrogen?

Hi! Two questions: 1. How does progesterone affect vaginal atrophy (thinning/texture changes of the vaginal walls)? 2. Can estrofem or estelle solo (both estradiol supplements, NOT estrace) be inserted vaginally? Will they dissolve, and will they have the same full-body effects as if taken orally?...

Last reply
  • Menopause - Perimenopause and Nausea

Hello Ladies, I found a little slice of information that may help some of you. I'd been dealing with horrible morning sickness like symptoms for months now. I just referred to it as nausea. My daughter, who just had a baby said "mom, that sounds like morning sickness". And she was dead...

Last reply
  • After eating

Any of you ladies have your heart race after eating??Doesnt happen all the time but when it does its horrible!!!Happened today and now I have heartburn!!!I do suffer from acid reflux and on meds for it but just dont get the rapid heart after eating...Thank you ladies!!!Hugs to all!!

Last reply
  • Menopause after IUD removal

Ok so here's my story. I had. Mirena removed 5/2016. I ask the doctor d o I need any other kind of birth control and she stated that since I was 53 no I should be OK.  So I went from May to Sept with no period.  Sept 2016 I had a light period that lasted 2 days. Then nothing from Sept 2016...

Last reply
  • Over 100 symptoms associated with Anxiety

Hello ladies! I have been feeling dreadful all day today, like I was coming down with a bug. I did some googling and found this search. I hope it helps you as much as it helped me realize what is considered anxiety. The symptoms that we experience are caused by our plunging hormones but this list lets...

Last reply
  • Shopping and Peri/Menopause...

It's it just me or do any of you ladies find yourselves needing something from the store, and the minute you get into your car and start to drive, you become anxious/nervous and just feel the need to turn back around and go home, and try again later??? What the heck. All Menopause???

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.