Ad

Menopause

Also known as Perimenopause

Can you help? Discussions needing a reply

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Pinned

Menopause resources

Below are various resources for Menopause from leaflets to useful web sites and recommended discussions. There are patient leaflets on Menopause as below which also have related tabs with more information such as medicine leaflets, blogs etc. https://patient.info/health/menopause-and-hrt-leaflet https://patient.info/health/menopause-alternatives-to-hrt...

Last reply
  • Toilet issues

Hi anyone goes to the toilet and feel like the bladder is not being empty I get this sometimes when I just go and still feel the need to go again but can't..I have been drinking a pint of water a day there's no burning or pain with it.

Last reply
  • Gas Issues

I been feeling like Gas all over me I just ate I'm still having growling tummy loads wind that can't escape I hardly belch or expel air else where like I use too,anyone knows what's good for Gas don't do peppermint don't work.

Last reply
  • Nightmares

Hi Ladies Putting this out there but I'm I the only one that started to get nightmares now that I'm going thru perimenapause? My dreams are intense which they weren't before

Last reply
  • Stomach issues help !

Ok ladies it's me again 😕 Do you all have stomach issues ? When I started going to hormone doctor , the first question they ask was "have you been having an upset stomach " at the time it had bothered me some . Mainly , heartburn feeling . But back in dec last year , it was all...

Last reply
  • Is this part of menopause or is it just me?

I'll be 50 next June. I've always suffered off and on with anxiety and depression but for the last few months it's been worse. I go to sleep ok but wake u on edge and can't get back to sleep. Sometimes feel like I'm living on adrenaline. Is this all part of perimenopause /menopause?...

Last reply
  • period pain after period???

Hi i have been experiencing period changes for a couple of years only slight  22 days between and then 42 days then normal. I ahve been experiencing anxiety TBH my anxiety is at an all time high. My period finished yesterday but, this morning i was shopping and suddenly had  mild period pain...

Last reply
  • Giving up caffeine to manage peri symptoms?

I have been struggling with depression, anxiety and crashing fatigue in peri and I am looking for a way to feel more like my old self.  I started drinking diet cola when I went off my birth control pill 7-8 years ago because the drop in estrogen made me so tired.  (I never drank coffee or...

Last reply
  • Painful left breast/side boob menopause

I'm 48 and peri menopausal , periods stopped around 6 months ago . I'm quite lucky that I have not experienced mood swings however , the aches and pains , the irrational thoughts of doom are awful . Just recently , around three weeks now I've experienced tingling, burning and throbbing in...

Last reply
  • Anxiety? Perimenopause? Both? Overwhelming Physical Symptoms.

So....I'll try to be brief. I was diagnosed with an anxiety disorder last March, after suffering a panic attack while traveling for business. Since then, I've had a multitude of daily physical symptoms...dizziness/lightheadedness, body aches, headaches, insomnia, night sweats, increased body...

Last reply
  • Horrid Hormones!

Hi,  I am 45 and have been going through the menopause for a year now, but peri menopausal for around 3 year before this...  Recently my symptoms got so bad I am now using HRT (I ache EVERYWHERE,  am exhausted all the time, can't think straight, feel anxious and dreadful). I started...

Last reply
  • Long weird period - Help!

Hi ladies. I'm wondering if this sounds familiar to anyone else. I'm 46 and having my first weird period. I've always been pretty regular, although I was a late bloomer and didn't get my first period until I was 18.  Over the last year or so my cycles have shortened from 28-30 days...

Last reply
  • help

Why do I feel like I have been hit by a truck. Suffering with pains round my middle which go into my middle back like trapped wind xFeel terrible x comes on and last for few days.I can go weeks and then it flares up xx Anyone else experience this feel like I am falling apart help please xxI...

Last reply
  • Peri menopause symptoms & diagnosis

Hello, this forum has been reassuring for me.  I’m 46 and the past 10 months my periods have been really messing me around (irregular, missing them completely), I’ve also started getting bad headaches around the time of a ‘period’, bad muscular aches, bladder weakness and some hot flushes during...

Last reply
  • Hysterectomy...

My friend is getting this surgery  next week.   I have read about it and each responds to it differently I believe.  But she is getting nervous about gaining weight and no sex-drive since her ovaries are coming out too.  Is this true that everyone gains weight?  I told...

Last reply
  • Misophonia

Hello all, I think I am developing this, and I wondered if anyone else experienced it?  For about 3 years now, I have been sensitive to noise and noticed if people called my name, I'd jump.  I hate sirens, things clattering and just odd noises on occasion but its the TV through the floor...

Last reply
  • Good morning!

How are all you lovely ladies today?  I'm just here fighting off those "after coffee/before  breakfast" on-coming jitters/shakes/heavy-head/fizzy  -feeling- in-back-of-head/palpitations spells. 😂😂 I hope you all have a wonderful day fighting like the superheroes...

Last reply
  • Contraception pill versus HRT

So I have been having peri symptoms for about 2 years. Foggy head, fatique, painful bones, headaches, mood swings, sporadic periods, hot flushes to name but a few. I finally plucked up courage and went to the doctors last week. She did a full blood works, thyroid, liver, kidney, anemia, except hormone...

Last reply
  • Anxiety extreme and solutions

54 years old menopause anxiety problems caused by menopause. Hi ladies I am back here have been ausent of the forum trying to put my emotions in order and find the right mix for me. Let me tell you very hard to find a right doctor and don't even start taking about right prescriptions, it is so horrible...

Last reply
  • Pain in upper stomach

Hi All So I got this weird pain on the left side of My stomach close to belly button. I think my anxiety with my perimenopause gave me a hernia 😑it seems like just when I started feeling better something else happens. Last week my sister husband died and I think my personal paranoia fear stepped...

Last reply
  • Anyone else?

Anybody else ever get weird pains in their neck? Different places- hurts for a few seconds or a minute or two, almostblike a little "shock", but not excruciating pain at all- just random little "bites" almost. Always makes me reach up there and touch where it is, and of course anxiety...

Last reply
  • Weird pain

Hi ladies 3 days after my period i started getting a stra nge pain left of my navel. An it moves dwn on d left sometimes.. Any suggestions?

Last reply
  • Having internal body vibrations/buzzing.

I've been experiencing these body vibrations/buzzing for about 2 months now. It started out mostly at night waking me up between 1am to 4am..if I try to sleep through it it gets worse and even into my head. I've had several really bad mornings where its been so bad I get out of bed in a panic...

Last reply
  • Brain zaps when falling asleep

I have followed a discussion about internal vibrations here, later I browsed internet, and I eventually found the name for a new symptom-brain zaps. They started in mid October when the weather got cold and days short. I feel anxious and depressed, I had three periods short time one after another, and...

Last reply
  • Menopause - Perimenopause and Nausea

Hello Ladies, I found a little slice of information that may help some of you. I'd been dealing with horrible morning sickness like symptoms for months now. I just referred to it as nausea. My daughter, who just had a baby said "mom, that sounds like morning sickness". And she was dead...

Last reply
  • Sound familiar at all?

Ok.Ive got to work this out was going to go shopping etc today and have backed out. Why?Because I'm feeling 'weird' ..I know my body is trying to  get a period today but it's struggling to get there. Perhaps not enough of whatever hormone it needs.. i feel spaced out(tried extra...

Last reply
  • Menopause, indigestion & acid reflux..... the list goes on

I am about at my wits end!  Anyone else suffer from bad acid reflux?  I have been on omeprozole for a few years now, but the past 2 months have been so bad with burning upper abdominal pain which spreads under left breast and sometimes I get burning between shoulders, doc ordered urgent endoscopy...

Last reply
  • brown spotting

I found this site while doing a google search, and am very thankful to everyone for sharing stories.  I had spotting for a couple of days a year ago, thought nothing of it since at that point I was about 11 months since my last period.  Had a small amount of spotting again this past summer. ...

Last reply
  • Is anyone at this stage losing weight??

Is there anyone who's perimenopausal losing weight as i appear to be doing, i know am not a good eater as i feel nauseas and have no appetite but i do eat sufficient and i thought we put weight on during this time. if anyone is experiencing this i would feel so much better knowing thanks x

Last reply
  • Head Spinning When I Lay Down - Sound Familiar?

Hiya All I'm sure there's been a thread of two discussing vertigo-type symptoms, but I didn't think much of it. Until......I thought back to late last year when I'd experienced a weird sensation when I laid completely flat in bed: no pillows.  It was like my head - only my head -...

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.