Skip to content

Menopause

Also known as Livial, Perimenopause, Tibolone

Can you help? Discussions needing a reply

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Pinned

Menopause resources

Below are various resources for Menopause from leaflets to useful web sites and recommended discussions. There are patient leaflets on Menopause as below which also have related tabs with more information such as medicine leaflets, blogs etc. https://patient.info/health/menopause-and-hrt-leaflet https://patient.info/health/menopause-alternatives-to-hrt...

Last reply
  • My Perimenapause symptoms

Hi ladies Here is my list of symptoms -cannot sleep -gualbladder -feeling dizzy -brain fog -overwhelming feeling of tiredness -awful taste in my mouth -anxiety especially when arrested -heart racing due to anxiety -low sex drive -pain in my lower back -electric shock feeling in fingers -lazy leg...

Last reply
  • Not to be dramatic, but...

I am so happy to find you guys.  I feel like you're my people!  I am dying from menopause, or at least I think I am.  Here's my story, as brief as I can manage.  Six months ago I had my neurotransmitters checked because I was having increasing insomnia and the Bhrt I tried...

Last reply
  • Breasts... Long hard vein chord???

Hi ladies, so my hormones have shifted this week with symptoms of very sore swollen breasts.. They are engorged like when you were pregnant.. However I'm concerned because on my right breast it has a long hard chord like vein running from the areola up the breast.. And not even sure its a vein, but...

Last reply
  • Feeling faint at night

I’ve been having frightening symptoms of feeling faint and passed out completely on one occasion. I do have low blood pressure and understand that menopause can make this even lower. I am 49 and have had this for two years now, it’s getting worse. Dizziness when driving, and have had to pull over, followed...

Last reply
  • HRT success stories ???

Been on BHRT for almost 3 weeks although has taken away the crippling fatigue it’s done nothing for my dizziness and that scared anxious out of body feeling  Would love to hear GOOD success stories with HRT as about to change . I’m delirious regarding all this ... uneducated up to now did not realize...

Last reply
  • My symtoms since the start of my menapause and where I am now

Hi Ladies  I would be lost without this site so thank you to all of you who have answers my worrying questions on so many occasions. I thought id list my symptoms for those who are only new to the site or are just beginning to experience them. I am also on 2mg HRT. These symptoms were spread out...

Last reply
  • Really tired

does anoyone. Find they get really tired? I am in peri menopause age 51 and find if every couple of days I am hit with exhaustion so much that I can sleep for hours in the day. I feel constantly tired and never seem to have much energy. Does anyone else find this and have any ideas to help!

Last reply
  • Menopause and paresthesia?

I would love some input on my strange symptoms.  I'm 50 years old. For many years, my periods have been very close together, very long, and with 2-3 days of exceptionally heavy flow. I know this weird period stuff is normal in peri menopause. Then, after one of these "normal" (for...

Last reply
  • Anxiety Hacks?

I have been struggling with terrible general anxiety and health anxiety.  (They tag team each other.)  I have some things I do regularly to help. Exercise Journaling Vitamin supplements less overtime at work lorezepam .5 as needed   bedtime ritual to help sleep (it keeps me wearing...

Last reply
  • Dark brown period

Hi... for the past 6 months I have been having dark brown period on the 1st day of my cycle then it changes to bright red and stops after 4 days max. And it's very light Ps too. I am worried something is wrong but my gynae assured me after blood work and an ultrasound that everything is ok. Should...

Last reply
  • Stress

Ladies, Do you feel stress makes the bleeding and clots much worse?

Last reply
  • Loss of Confidence and Obsessive Thinking

When I am feeling depressed, due to hormones, I notice that all of my confidence just evaporates; it's as though I become a totally different person. Then, I just start beating-up on myself and focusing on any perceived flaw. When I feel well, though, I am confident, upbeat, and excited about the...

Last reply
  • Longest

What is the longest number of days, weeks, months any of you have had ongoing heavy bleeding and clots without ceasing and caused by just hormones

Posted
  • Perimenopause and weird feeling

Do any of you ladies ever experience what I can only describe as being a 'weird' feeling? Where i feel not quite right. When it hits I become all quiet and can't even speak, eat or move. I tend to retreat and let it pass if I can. It's such an odd feeling! I can't believe hormones...

Last reply
  • Thickening of the Uterus Lining to 9mm

I'm 50 years old in Menopause with no bleeding or any sort of pain.   I went to do my regular annual papsmere and the Dr. recommended that I go in for a pelvic ultrasound,  etc.   I did in April, 2017 and they found my uterus lining to be 7mm thick.  I then went back in July and...

Last reply
  • Feeling weird at ovulation

Hi Does anyone else have weird feelings around ovulation? I always feel nauseous, dizzy completely not with it and anxious 😩 and then the same again when my period is due. I'm 41 and have been having these symptoms like this for about 18 months now it's such a struggle and I do everything...

Last reply
  • Menopause

Hi u wonderful ladies who have all been a godsend on this forum so bloods are back everything ok except hormone levels through the roof. Doc to has said defo menopausal for at least 3 years now as this was when it all started. Don't no where my heads at with it all right now I keep crying knowing...

Last reply
  • No sense in being here anymore.

I am 60 years old.  I got cancer at 59.  I had a total hysterectomy about 5 full months ago.  They took out all my organs.  Uterus had cancer, fallopian tubes on both sides, both ovaries and cervix.  I cant take hormones because I had cancer of the endometrium.  So here...

Last reply
  • Cold

Do any of you have times when you are freezing when it's not really even cold. I have been having these daily and it seems they happen then a few hours later, I have a gush and clots.

Last reply
  • Perimenopause and loss of apetite

Hi Lovely ladies i am 3 yrs in peri, past months my periods have become lighter, this month no period, I also feel nausea, loss of appetite  at Times and other times I eat a lot, I feel also depressed at times, the symptoms comes and goes, even my blood pressure fluctuates, high, low, normal...my...

Last reply
  • Super heavy uncontrolled bleeding, waiting for referral SCARED

Hi ladies, I have posted on here before but now I am really scared. I am 45 and my issues started last year with spotting after exercise. An US revealed a small fibroid and possibly a polyp but the 2 hysteroscopies I had failed to successfully remove it due to where it was in my tilted uterus. My periods...

Last reply
  • Aches and pains

I ve been on here Several times asking about various things!  Does anyone else get random pains in their shoulders, legs and arms etc.? Plus sudden bouts of dizziness?  Not a good day for me today!!!

Last reply
  • Hair loss

Are any if you having wads of hair loss. When I shampooed this morning, there was a big clump left on shower floor.

Last reply
  • Menopause anxiety

Hello i am 45 and i am on my 2nd month of not having a period. I dont have any symptoms of menopause just wondered if anyone has had this. I am fit and healthy dont snoke or drink

Last reply
  • Brain fog

Anybody else out there feel like they have lost there mind. I know the brain changes as we get older,but at 50 this is ridiculous. Forgetting names, and walking into a room forgetting what you were going to do. What's your story?

Last reply
  • End of perimenopause

Does anybody know if there is anyway of knowing when perimenopause is close to the end, and menopause is getting closer? I know that absent periods for a year means one has entered menopause but I ask because my periods are light, and my mental symptoms have worsened over the past yr. I'm wondering...

Last reply
  • Dizzy dizzy dizzy

Ok so I’m trying to get used to the fatigue but this dizziness is debilitating !!! Can’t stand it anymore !!! I still try to do my run but it’s tough and uncomfortable love to hear from anybody else going through menopause that has this and is suffering too ! I started on the bio identicals 2 weeks ago...

Last reply
  • Breast tenderness

Hi ladies, How often do your breast feel tender thru perimenapause, I'm trying find out if I'm only one or other ladies similar issues, recently my breast just started to hurt on my left side and my left arm was aching me to the point I could not lift it above my head, anyone else with these...

Last reply
  • Perimenopause and body pain?!? need some help

Hi again this is Jennifer, I am 50 yrs old and have written before about the complex horror of Perimenopause. Has anyone ever experienced low or upper back pain that radiates to the waist and absominals? It's a terrible feeling, I feel like my whole body aches. From my feet to my shoulders. I don't...

Last reply
  • DIzzyness

Hello, I am new to this forum and have never posted  before on anything.  I am 45 next month amd have been suffering with an off balance feeling for over 2 years. The world doesn’t spin, it feels like I am on a boat. I do feel lightheaded and like I am going to pass out at times . The feeling...

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.