Ad

Menopause

Also known as Perimenopause

Can you help? Discussions needing a reply

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Pinned

Menopause resources

Below are various resources for Menopause from leaflets to useful web sites and recommended discussions. There are patient leaflets on Menopause as below which also have related tabs with more information such as medicine leaflets, blogs etc. https://patient.info/health/menopause-and-hrt-leaflet https://patient.info/health/menopause-alternatives-to-hrt...

Last reply
  • Perimenopause severe coldness?? Anyone

Hello Ladies ! I get these cold spells once a month. They are usually before my periods. My hormones are over the place right now being in perimenopause for 4 yrs now. I started to get these cold days where they was bearable in my first year. I would wake up at night and be chilled to the bone....

Last reply
  • Having internal body vibrations/buzzing.

I've been experiencing these body vibrations/buzzing for about 2 months now. It started out mostly at night waking me up between 1am to 4am..if I try to sleep through it it gets worse and even into my head. I've had several really bad mornings where its been so bad I get out of bed in a panic...

Last reply
  • NO BODY HEAT

Hi, I can feel like my body is being to cool some parts of it is hot, some parts of it is warm some parts of it cold like I got no blood Lol strange anyone relate to this I guess it's Anxiety tomorrow another day so probably go back hot.

Last reply
  • Pain pressure on one side of head temple and ear

Hi everyone has anyone experience this pain pressure on one side of head also with pain behind the ear temple feels like my upper teeth hurts as well I'm in perimenapause and I was just wondering if this has any thing to do with that

Last reply
  • Anxiety is driving me crazy, any suggestions for natural relief

I am 54 I have hypothyroidism that went hyperthyroid then I don't even know anymore where my thyroid is. I tried at the beginning HRT but my new doc Ended  because she said the new studies shows more bad secondary issues than help and basically I have been managing menopause symptoms with vitamins...

Last reply
  • Perimenopause or Anxiety or ???

Hi everyone, I recently joined this, my first ever forum, in the hope of gaining knowledge and sharing experiences on the strange symptoms I have been experiencing the last few weeks. My first post focused on Anxiety and the possibility of Chronic Fatigue Syndrome. It has recently been brought to...

Last reply
  • SO ALONE..

Does anyone feel so ALONE and afraid /scared going thru all this.. It seems mornings are so horrible, it's terrible I look around and feel so all ALONE nobody there anymore , kids grown and gone (boys anyway) and wouldn't begin to understand! Husband so distant from me we are like roomates. Mother...

Last reply
  • I can't take it anymore!! Perimenopause horrible..HELP!

I am 48 years old, stay at home mom with two children.  They are in school, I try to keep myself very busy.  I have had OCD and anxiety, I have been fighting it for years. But, now the Perimenopause is really terrible..depressed, mood swings, tension headaches, dry and itchy skin. I have spoken...

Last reply
  • UNRELAX

Hi girls, are you relax in bed because I can't seem to stay quiet at times till I try and drop off so horrible while you are trying to settle down, my Dr now gave me a few sleeping tablets to help.

Last reply
  • INSOMNIA

Hi girls of someone at the beginning of peri menopause that couldn't sleep for days or slept for 3 hours and wake up and never drift back off, due to being hot and or to cold or even stress out my sleep has improved early last year I have been sleeping back better then I was most days..I still might...

Last reply
  • Severe menopausal side effects

I am suffering severe menopausal side effects. I am permanently flushing, all my primary senses have been dramatically altered and I'm having severe panic attacks I feel so unwell that I cant function normally and cant go out or.talk to anyone on the phone I just dont know what to do. Dr has just...

Last reply
  • NERVE ENDINGS

Hi girls, is the menopause upsetting your nerves I notice it's going in my legs and tummy a lot and sometimes I can't settle down at night on the sofa because my mine then goes racing with it and heart start to go off,this is not nice was just wondering Vitamin B might help calm me down.

Last reply
  • Clonidine for menopausal flushes

Hello Ladies, Has anyone out there tried using CLONIDINE to help with (nuisance) night hot flushes during menopause? If so I'd love to hear from you. My GP has suggested I try it as I can no longer take HRT but I'd like to know more about it first if I can. Thanks - LadyPink

Last reply
  • Surgical menopause!!

Hi I'm going through a surgical menopause and I'm really not coping. I'm getting g heart palpitations nausea, anxiety, mood swings, insomnia and really bad digestive issues. I feel as though my life is over. I'm 40 so not at all ready. I would love some feed back......its a scary time...

Last reply
  • Why won’t my wife ask for HRT from her doctor? What can I do?

My wife started her Symptoms about a year ago. She has always been a very happy person. This condition is seriously affecting our relationship. What can I do to convince her that HRT will help. I feel that the effect on her whole attitude to me of this Menopause is damaging our relationship. Don’t know...

Last reply
  • Anxiety

I have been primenapos  for over 3 years did have bad anxiety manage to get it  sorted, but I had the flu virus and now my anxiety is back trying to do the things my councillor has told my what to do but it is hard, never thought I would be feeling like this again x Take care  Paula 

Last reply
  • Migraine and nausea

I have had no periods now for over 10 years. Since they stopped I have had increasing migraines and or nausea. Have tried everything from amitriptyline to acupuncture. No help. Occasionally have a week or so with no headache but usually feel as if I am getting or getting over one. The nausea is debilitating....

Last reply
  • Menepause

I’ve had the rod in for 7 years with no periods now it’s due out I’m getting bad period pains 😞 how do I know if I have had the menopause 🙂

Last reply
  • Rash

Hi ladies, this itching is driving me crazy, I have a rash all over me. The gp has taken me off my HRT hoping that that was the cause but I’m still itching , as anyone else had this rash and was it your HRT?  Thankyou Sandy. X

Last reply
  • Perimenopause and SEVERE joint pain - any one else??

Hi I am 50 and have been in perimenopause for some time. I just wanted to post here to see if anyone else has suffered extreme joint pain as a result of fluctuating estrogen. Quick history: regular as clockwork from the age of 13 - up to and after the two pregnancies in my thirties. Then aged...

Last reply
  • Post menopause periods!

great forum & I've found some good insights! Thanks everyone. Let me put my situation out there to see if anyone can relate. I'm 55, per hormone blood work I'm in menopause. That being said, I went thru short period of menopausal symptoms, survived but then out of the blue had a period...

Last reply
  • Perimenopause-Night sweats without day time hot flashes-worried???

I am past 50 and still getting monthly periods. Every night now for the past 3 weeks I've been waking up about 2 hours after falling asleep with night sweats that slightly dampen my bed. My heart feels like it's racing and I have trouble falling back asleep. I assume this is perimenopause except...

Last reply
  • Hope I'm not crazy

Has anybody been driving somewhere and for a split second the area looked unfamiliar and you thought you were lost? I mean you immediately knew you weren't, but just the fact it happened scares the h*'ll out of you?

Last reply
  • Perimenopause and panic attacks.anxiety

I am 49 and having most of the typical perimenopause symptoms EXCEPT, I'm also having chest tightning/anxiety and panic attacks.  Is this happening to anyone else.  I feel like I'm on my way to becomming a recluse; I'm getting affraid to leave my home.  I go out to eat with...

Last reply
  • Back pain

Hi friends anyone else have back pain it won’t go away and it’s giving me anxiety 😢

Last reply
  • I want to live again

Hello everyone  I chose to come on this site because no one seem to understand what I'm going thru they think I'm over exaggerating or crazy  I have been going thru Peri for a few years now but dec and Jan has been the worse 😫 My doctor took away my sleeping pills that I been...

Last reply
  • Ear, neck and arm pain

Have any of experieced pain behind the ear on the left side which sometimes alternates to your neck and or arm on the left side? Sometimes my jaw on that side feels tight too. Just wondering?

Last reply
  • Progesterone and perimenopause

I understand that symptoms in peri like breast tenderness lower back pain and heavy periods - signalling the entry into menopause phase - is characteristic of high oestregen and low progesterone. Is that others understanding of whats happening hormonally and anyone know of natural remedy suggestions...

Posted
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.