Skip to content

Menopause

Also known as Livial, Perimenopause, Tibolone

Can you help? Discussions needing a reply

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Struggling to stay Sane!!!

Hi Ladies. I have been peri for 2 years now and am really struggling. I have come off the anti depressants that my GP prescribed as they were affecting another medication that I am on. Since I have been off them completely I feel like I am loosing my sanity. I want to cry at nothing, shout at …

Last reply
  • Epley Maneuver

Before i head off to work i wanted to type in this post, as i read about  alot of people that have dizziness. I had it two weeks ago, and for me it was positional. I do not know if you ladies have this when you move or turn in bed (bpv) or if its a different type of dizzy that meno related …

Last reply
  • Health anxiety overload

Hi all I have noticed over the last few weeks I have become a terrible hypochondriac; literally worry about every ache, pain, bruise ....... has anyone else developed this ?  Kate x

Last reply
  • Extreme Jealousy!!!

Omg...I am driving my husband mad with imagining that he's looking at everything and anything and comparing them to me. I am like...Am I going out of my mind??? I know some women will say well maybe your instincts are right. Well, to squash all those that think that I will say that I've …

Last reply
  • Stomach issues

Yesterday I was pottering around and getting on with things when I started a stomach ache to my right side . It gradually moved across and felt generally uncomfortable . I managed to eat dinner , but it was still there . Then of course the anxiety kicks in with me . Is it a grumbling appendix , …

Last reply
  • Almost two years with Perimenopause..

Hi ladys  New to this forum So far the off balance feeling the inner shaky weird feeling and pain outside the one ear are my symptoms.. It’s hard... Wish i could have a hot flash instead of these awful stuff.. Has any of you ladies had these symptoms and got help with supplements or remedies?? …

Last reply
  • 2 months no period

Hi girls I know this sounds crazy but I'm actually excited that I've gone 2 months period free! After having irregular periods for about 2 years, the last 6 months in particular I've been having periods every 2 weeks and sometimes 3 in 1 month, so I'm almost in shock that it seems …

Last reply
  • Anxiety question

Hi girls.......quick question...when my anxiety comes, it comes in bouts. there are some days I don't have any (maybe 2 days a week that I don't). Anyway, when the anxiety comes, I also get this very scary feeling of loneliness. its horrible...I get so scared to go home from work for fear …

Last reply
  • Really bad headaches...anyone the same?

Hi ladies Im having bad bouts of headaches...coming and going for past couple of weeks. .feel like my head is in a visegrip....migrain type but not going away....anyone suffering the same?? Thx in advance. CK

Last reply
  • New medication

I finally saw the doctor, yesterday, who prescribed me clonidine for anxiety/insomnia.  I'm a mental health professional, so I know this is not the ideal medication for my problem.  She also ran a ton of blood tests, so I should get those back soon.  I'm just concerned for …

Last reply
  • i feel like im dying

how can peri make me feel this sick it started jan 2016 but past 3 months have beem horrible. i wake up at 5am feeling so sick. i am beyond tired everyday all day ( prob cause i dont sleep much ) and my body doesnt feel good. i feel like i am slowly dying and even tho all my tests come back normal …

Last reply
  • Constant adrenaline cant sit still!!!!

Hi again ladies I am over a year no period was in peri ten years. I feel like ive got constant adrenaline. Feel like im having a breakdown. I just dont know what to do with myself. Hot flushes and sweats are in full force. I thought peri was hell but this is even worse if thats possible. Im losing …

Last reply
  • Vaginal itching during peri menopause

Hi ladies. I am 53 and have just started the peri menopause. I am not experiencing any symptoms like hot flushes etc but have got terrible vaginal itching. It’s fine during the day, nothing at all but it’s terrible during the night inasmuch that it wakes me up several times during the night. I have …

Last reply
  • Am i breathing?

I feel as tho am nt breathing no matter how i try to relax . Tea an calmness not helping . My stomach feels horrible at night . Any suggestions?

Last reply
  • Refined Sugar

Do any of you feel eating sweets cause spotting flareups? Or more bleeding. So sick of all the spotting. How long does this last

Last reply
  • Ugh Menopause! Strange symptoms Ear and Neck

I have been in full menopause (took a blood test) since 2014. Have the usual suspects of symptoms, hot flashes, insomnia, irritability, anxiety, moody, palpitations... I still get my migraine monthly like i would when i had my period. Obgyn says ovaries are still trying to produce eggs and hormones …

Last reply
  • Could it be menopause?

I’m 47 and for the last 10 years have had sudden horrible nausea  on occasions (most often in the middle of the night). The doctor put it down to IBS but it never seems to fit other’s experiences of IBS. It seems to happen mid cycle and a few days before my period. In the last week I have also …

Last reply
  • Libido does it ever come back?

My periods stopped in June 2017. Ever since my libido abruptly stopped. I have had a very active sex life, me and my partner used to have sex twice or thrice a week but now I just don't know what to do. My partner is very understanding but I know he is suffering. I feel nothing, no part of my …

Last reply
  • Having internal body vibrations/buzzing.

I've been experiencing these body vibrations/buzzing for about 2 months now. It started out mostly at night waking me up between 1am to 4am..if I try to sleep through it it gets worse and even into my head. I've had several really bad mornings where its been so bad I get out of bed in a …

Last reply
  • Perimenopause - hysterectomy help!

Hi ladies. I am 33 and have dealt with anxiety and some OCD since giving birth to my daughter. It had progressed so bad that i went to the doc and they put me on Lexapro. Needless to say after 7 years of that, it made me WAY WORSE and my husband left and I was violent, so I came off of them after …

Last reply
  • Increased hot flashes after steroid injection.

I have a question. I am in menopause...had labs done which confirmed it. I've done well with hot flashes...having them mostly through the night and waking up a few times but no big sweats it anything. Well...3 days ago I had a steroid injection in my shoulder joint. Since then the hot …

Last reply
  • F****d off?

Forgot password but got in anyway. Why do we feel so guilty about something that is beyond our control. Nerves on edge, wobbly, scared but hiding it and all down to bloody hormones! Keep expressing yourselves.. Love to all of you going through so much confusion xxxx

Last reply
  • Fear for breast cancer

Hi ladies! I am 42 with early menopause and on hrt! I have no symptoms and feel like my old self again but I am very very afraid of breast cancer! I think I am obsessed with that, when I take my pill every night I feel  that I am in panic! I read a lot to get informed and everyone says a …

Last reply
  • Been awhile....

Hi Ladies, It’s been several months since I’ve been on the board.  Had some tradgedy happen in my life, and it’s been a little tough but pulling through it. My boyfriend ended his life in June, a shock to so many of us. Anyways- symptom wise I’ve been doing pretty well, even through all of …

Last reply
  • What happens when you reach full menopause?

Hi. I am a bit in the dark about this. What happens when you have reached full menopause? Doctor has told me if I do not have a period this year they will class me as being full menopause. Do all the peri symptoms disappear? I have recently had the merina coil removed as this has messed up my …

Last reply
  • Again and again

Have any of you experienced bright red spotting for a few days then almost a light period with small clots for a day, then almost nothing, then back to red spotting. Thanks for all your replies ladies.

Last reply
  • Has anyone used Motillium (domperidone) for nausea??

Hi Ladies, hope everyone is ok today, I woke up today with the worst nausea, dry wrenching, couldnt bear to eat, I’ve been this way for weeks now, and currently making life very difficult especially as I’m on holiday with my two little boys - I’m not allowed a break! So in desperation I’ve been …

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.