Please help me

Posted , 3 users are following.

Please let me know how long it takes to see results after hormone treatment (I have been treated for 2 weeks but still do not feel well again

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Edited

What HRT are you on? I am 4 years post menopause and just started HRT a month ago. Suffer from migraines, insomnia, vaginal atrophy, night sweats, severe anxiety and depression. No joy.

Thought that Estrogel and Prometrium would help but I feel my dosage is too high. On edge and in a fog now. More tired than before and wasn't. Vivid and strange dreams too. Dizziness/vertigo returned. Talking to my doctor in 10 days but am going to decrease dosage so maybe I feel better. I understand getting the right dosage takes time. I don't know what I was expecting but after a month thought it would be better.

Only thing that has improved is atrophy as I am taking intrarosa.

My doctor said some of her patients feel better within a week. Not me. Still waiting to see any changes. If no changes, I will not continue.

• Posted

Hello, I am currently being treated with estradiol patch 00375MG (twice a week) and Progesterone 100 MG capsule taken before bed. I have been using it since January 26, 2024 but until now I still do not have it. see any changes, I really don't want to have to undergo this treatment but I have no other choice, I have been suffering from premenopausal symptoms that make my life very miserable, I suffering from severe depression and poor health every day, I feel like I'm about to die, now I pray that HRT can save me from the darkness of life, this is my last hope, I really the uncertainty of how long it will take for HRT to produce results

• Posted

Sorry you are in this dark place. I have been doing so much reading on HRT and what it is supposed to improve. I don't get night sweats/hot flashes. I am sleeping better so insomnia has improved. However I think that improving my mood, irritability and anxiety will take more time. I have been given a 3 month prescription to start as gyn said it could take that long or more to see full effects. Meeting her in 10 days to discuss the first month on HRT, how I feel and make adjustments.

• Posted

Please let me know in the past 1 months while you were on HRT treatment, have you had any Side Effects? Currently I am using progesterone 100 MG capsule and estradiol 00375MG patch, I started using it from January 26th but until now I still haven't seen any results, every day I still get more tired and have strong hot flashes. worse, headaches, anxiety and worse mood, I don't know if this is a Side Effect from HRT? My last hope is that HRT can help me get back, I'm so scared of all the terrible symptoms that have made my life Fall into darkness with no way out😢😢😢😢😢😢😢

• Posted

it took about 3 weeks to start feeling a difference but about 6-8 weeks to feel close to normal again.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.