Am I too young to have perimenopausal symptoms

Posted , 3 users are following.

since i was about 38 ive had brown discharge around ovulation and regular periods

when i was 40 i went the docs because my period didnt come for 6 weeks! very unusual for me. i put it down to stress. the next two periods were around 35 days apart and then just became normal again (still with brown discharge at ovulation)

i began then having this heat that just came out of nowhere from my chest a few times etc i have night sweats but id put that down to anything else. that seems to have stopped now

last month i wiped during ovulation and proper red blood was there not my usual brown i contacted my nurse and they again put it down to perimenopause

my early 20's i had CIN 3 cells on my cervix burnt away i worry that im too young to be starting perimenopause. but the nurse isnt bothered about the CIN 3 i had when i was young and the fact ive been spotting for nearly 4yrs

is this perimenopause?

is it normal to have a really long cycle for a couple of months then just back to normal?

is the spotting normal since 38yrs ish im now 41 im also not on any contraception

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Edited

hi Kate, i think you are not alone in this, my peri journey started at age 38 because all the 66 symptoms i had them, i thought i am going to die, all series of blood work and test done everything came out and normal...then I found this forum...I had skipped period, long & short, at least every month it comes, I have my life back. Then Jan 2022 peri came in full force, missed period 6 months, hot flushes, heart palpitations, anxiety, dizziness name it, I had to carry myself to hospital blood work done, I was told my estrogen level very low. My doc told me he will not recommend hormone therapy because of some disadvantages that she will place me on Supplement (Menopace), my period came back Sept 2022 after 6mths of no show, Oct it came..nothing again till Jan. 2023, Feb. I didn't see again till Sept 2023. Nothing till Jan 11 2024 it flows little but normal since then I have been spotting redish/ pinkish stuff...in the mornings nothing again may be following day...It has given me tremendous anxiety....I didn't tell you I went to cervical smear last year November it came out good and normal. so I think all you are experiencing is part of Peri. you are not alone dear we will overcome ❤️

• Edited

thank you for replying. i do feel much better now im convinced it is perimenopause and nothing relating to cancers etc (after my early 20's situation)

i met a friend today and she said women who havent had children tend to go through menopause earlier - ive never had a child or been pregnant, so again thats probably why ive started around 38yrs old

thanks again for your reply. really appreciate it

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.