Left side numbness and tingling, hot flashes, headaches, dizziness- oh what fun!

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hello fellow peri/menopause sufferers-

Curious to hear your stories...

I just turned 49. I have had the standard peri adventures for the last 6 years. Nothing super crazy. Hot flashes off/on, insomnia, speech and memory issues, Had another couple episodes in that four month period. Again, just shrugged it off. The last one was in early January and I finally decided to go get it checked out. Dr. Has run more than a few blood tests which of all come back normal and I have a brain MRI scheduled for this Tuesday. Starting three weeks ago, I experienced headaches, severe hot flashes.-anywhere from 5 to 10 a night, increased speech, and memory issues, noticing some eye strain/blurriness, muscle weakness, and numbness/tingling in extremities- mostly on the left side. Needless to say, I am doing the best I can not to freak myself out. It concerns me that everything is on the left side for the most part, except the muscle weakness, which is everywhere, but I have read in other areas of this forum that the one side thing has happened for others, as well. I'll know more with my brain MRI, but my ANA was negative. Would love to know if any of you are dealing with the same symptoms that I’ve been dealing with in the last four months. Yesterday, right hand felt different (can't pinpoint how- maybe slightly weaker). Today, I am dealing with slight numbness and tingling (if I can call it that) on my whole left side from neck down to thigh. Kind of feels like overworked muscles or something. Hard to describe, and I’m not sure I can even describe numbness and tingling because it doesn’t quite put the finger on it. Almost feels like it’s asleep, but not really. Hopefully that’s making sense. Thanks for the support ladies.

1 like, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Forgot to mention the daily dizziness started 3 weeks ago, as well. Not really vertigo...and not enough to make me off balance, but definitely makes me feel like i could be!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.