Depression and anxiety

Posted , 4 users are following.

hi ladies. i am so worried that i wont ever come out of this depression that has exacerbated during this transition. is there anyone out there that has gotten to the other side and is feeling better.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Edited

Really wish I could give you some encouragement, but after 11+ years post menopause the past year had been my worst so far. The anxiety is on a completely different level than I have ever experienced. I have had anxiety throughout this journey but it would ease up some. This has been nonstop everyday for over a year now. I honestly am starting to worry this is now my new normal. Prayers for you 🙏🏻

• Edited

Hey There, ShoSho...

**Anxiety and depression are two of the MAIN RELENTLESS symptoms of menopause at ANY stage. **

These symptoms are commonplace throughout the meno trios. I have experienced them throughout ALL three stage of my menopausal journeys. For the record: I am DEEP in the throes of postmenopause, eight years to be exact! That said, per my previous posts on this site, I am taking thee ALL-Naturell route to sanity and wellness, and yes, somedays, I feel like I want to hide in a clean, dark closet until this shiggedy is ovaaa, and who knows when that will be! One of my friend's mother says IT goes to the grave with us womenfolk, smdh!!

As far as getting to the other side, I can HONESTLY say, you will have days, weeks or even months, when you will feel great! (A REPRIEVE, IF YOU WILL) Those are the times when you feel as if you can CONQUER the world, you are on top of it, my friend! Yet words of caution my friend: The symptoms.. some old and new will visit you with a vengeance! Then, you will feel as if the world is on top of you! It's a back and forth kinda anomaly! This is my experience, and many women have uttered the same!

I encourage you to read my previous posts. I go in depth, regarding my symptoms! This forum is TRULY A GODSEND! I am VERY grateful for it! #ThankYouJesus

I am floored that we have to ENDURE sooo.. much as women!! Whatever you do during ANY stage of what I DEEM as a TSUNAMI, stay hydrated, my menopausal sistah!

• Posted

Vivian,

Totally agree with you, this is exactly how my menopause journey has been thus far. It has been completely unpredictable, no rhyme or reason for any stage I have been in. Menopause is evil and does what she wants when she wants. So thankful for forums like this where we can share what we are feeling and find comfort from others who are experiencing the same things. Hugs for all.

Take care

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.