Does any body get muscle and twitching all over

Posted , 34 users are following.

I'm 50 menapause no periods 17 months now get twitching and fluttering arm legs chest get nausea some time got health anxiety over thinking the worst all the time doom and gloom hate being on my own x

5 likes, 47 replies

47 Replies

Next
  • Edited

I had all of this. Whenever I sat down my shoulders or legs would jerk and twitches out of the blue. I just couldn't control it. I still can't believe it's all down to hormones

• Edited

Hi so glad I always looking at this site thinking I'm not alone with these different and weird going on with my body thank you for sharing

• Posted

I hear that. I have the twitches, the internal tremors - tuning fork vibrating sensation - and the electric shocks. I've been undergoing this for a year and I'm menopausal - not peri. My allergist says I could be this way for 7 years. We just have to wait and see. What joy is mine.

• Posted

I just found this and, already, feel some ease. I've battled the twitching and nerve type pain for 2.5 years now, and it all began the exact same time my cycle became incredibly heavy, irregular, unpredictable. Now the symptoms flare up hours to a couple days before I start a heavy bleed, then begin to subside as the bleeding slows down. I've had EMGs and full neuro workups....all normal.

• Edited

Hi Diane ..you are not alone!! i'm with you!!

I've been suffering with this for about 5 years and the past couple weeks i felt a bit better..boy i was wrong last night i had the worst anxiety attack i thought my throat was closing and my lower back aching  so bad when i got up..i'm so depressed..i think the worst also, anything to do with illness and death i get so paranoid!!! the hard part is that you don't have anyone to share your thoughts with... my children and my husband are fed up listening to me complaining and worrying!!! now i'n worrying about my back and i thing that what brought the panic attack last night...you are lucky at least you are done no periods!!!! i still get them and very painful even after is done still cramping...

hope you feel better soon xxxx

• Posted

Thank you anixety started august last year and never been the same since hate it I pray and hope I get back to my old self I get flushing aches and pains I burp a lot dizzyNess not to bad now take care x
    • Edited

Girl, I hear you!

The plethora of peri symptoms that I've been enduring for the past 4 years, worst of all the debilitating anxiety - particularly the health anxiety - has been almost unbearable. Every little twinge or twitch causes full out panic and the possible effect of the panic on the body becomes something else to worry about. My poor family can't deal with it any more. I too have no one to talk to about all this. It is a very lonely, scary time.

And let's throw COVID into the mix for the perfect storm

• Edited

Hi Nicky..

sorry didn't reply sooner but I haven't been on here for a while now!

I'm smiling to your reference the perfect storm! that's how I feel everyday since this whole thing started..

It was bad enough, I was scared with any ache and pain now throw Covic in the mist !!

I'm going through this change for the past eleven years and I'm convinced there is no end to this!! My period just showed up after 9 months!! so here we go again.. I stopped telling my family what I'm going through , so like you I deal with it all by myself...

A lot of the symptoms gone! the ones I still dealing with are, headaches, health anxiety and once in a while that burning sensation on the chest area and chills..

I avoid alcohol because a glass of wine send me to such a panicky mode it's scary! I try to do things that used to enjoy, go out hang out with friends but I can't let go. In the back of my mind I would catch myself thinking stupid things!! why my leg is hurting or why I feel a bit bloated was something on the food am I going to get sick or my head start hurting is my bp and the list goes on and on!! so rather stay home at least I can relax read a book watch my old shows lol..

• Edited

Same. 😦. No one seems to understand. Fluttering in legs often, etc. I feel as if I am going crazy with it all. I had no period for `11 months thinking it was finally over then BAM! full on! ugh back to square one. I also ended up getting many allergies to major foods- eggs, yeast, milk. Has not been fun. Muscle tension so painful. Thanks for sharing. You are not alone! Now I have thyroid issues and just started medication. Still feeling out of sorts. I feel light headed or dizzy, tinnitis. There is some list of 67 things for perimenopause and it sounds like we are having many however, the scary part is that they are also symptoms of so many other things. that's the scary part when you feel it all!

• Edited

Hi diane,

yes i have them everyday, all over. My twitches started after i had an operation last march, then anxiety hit me. Ive never felt so awful with anxiety, drs dont know why. I have come the the conclusion its hormonal as tests show im menopausal, all other tests are clear. My belly flutters, this is what started first, then twitches, now i have inner trembles at rest, and in the morning i sweat and shake. Now depression from it all, i think drugs from the op triggered it all. Im taking vits, drinking good filtered water, ive lost 16 kilos, no appetite, blah

i hope we can all find some relief soon, best wishes to you.🌷

• Posted

I haven't had a period in 17 months. I got terrible anxiety back in October along with the twitches,  hot flashes and belly flutters. I'm just now starting to feel a little better. Not quite myself yet but getting there. I have been seeing a psychotherapist for a couple months now and take Xanax when I get panicky. Haven't worked since October due to the anxiety. Oh and I get terrible indigestion which always makes me feel like it's my heart. Hopefully the hormones will level out soon.

• Edited

Yes I get it in my chest and sometimes in my legs. When it is in my chest, of course this sets off my anxiety and makes me think it's my heart. But when I get the same feeling in other areas of my body I realize that it is just my nerves. Another crazy symptom to add to the rest, right? 😩

• Edited

Dear diane

Yes I have had the health anxiety, sometimes didn't even want to get out of bed. I had terrible eye twitching and I put it down to perhaps low magnesium as this can cause that, along with painful stiff muscles. The twitching got better when I took multi vits for the over fifties. I can say things do get better and you're not alone on this. I thought I had every illness going it was awful with horrible anxiety and panic xx

• Edited

I see your reply to this post was 3 years ago, but I am now dealing with this same issue. Looking for support

• Posted

i am now dealing with these symptoms and then some. its progressed into panic disorder about my health and all of my family.

• Posted

Were you diagnosed with panic disorder, can you share your symptoms?

• Edited

yes and depression. i was told by my gyno "not everything is from hormones" given a presciption for Paxil and told to watch my diet and lose weight. i finally advocated for myself and she prescribed HRT. turns out i am very sensitive to progesterone and i was having suicidal ideation. stopped taking HRT and i have daily anxiety and panic attacks often. i have health anxiety about myself and my family. ive been through a lot of trauma since childhood so i know its exacerbated my change of life.

• Posted

I too deal with the health anxiety, started with me on this menopause journey, but seems to have gotten much worse over the last year. I am post menopause 11+ years, had a total hysterectomy and have never taken HRT. It seems this last year has been my worst since this journey started 14+ years ago. I will be 61 in September and I truly thought it would be some better by now. I read somewhere that menopause really does a number on the nervous system and that any past problems in life that hasn’t been dealt with has a way of resurfacing during this phase of life. This is such a trying time for so many women. So thankful for these forums where we can share what we are experiencing. I hope you feel better soon 🤗

Prayers for you 🙏🏻

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.