Does any body get muscle and twitching all over

Posted , 34 users are following.

I'm 50 menapause no periods 17 months now get twitching and fluttering arm legs chest get nausea some time got health anxiety over thinking the worst all the time doom and gloom hate being on my own x

5 likes, 47 replies

47 Replies

Prev Next
  • Edited

You are not alone. My anxiety about my health is through the roof. I'm thinking about seeing a psychiatrist. I had a physical the other day and my tests were mostly normal. A few were a little off, but I still worry. This new doc refuses to prescribe Xanax or any anti anxiety meds. I will not be going back to her in six months. I think one of the docs got hooked and now they won't let this one particular clinic prescribe anti anxiety meds. I remember there was a time when I didn't worry so much. I want that person back.

• Posted

I am not sure of your age, but I'm 53. I'm still having regular periods until last month, missed my first one. I've been having twitching since October of 2017. In my opinion it has something to do with decreasing hormones. I was so concerned for my health that I had a brain MRI and nerve conduction test. My gynocologist prescibed me anxiety meds which I decided against. If you do any research on peri and menopause you will learn that decreasing hormones causes anxiety 😦 Aging sucks. You are not going crazy. I promise. There are natural supplements that can help.

• Posted

thank you so very much for responding! Actually, I am 56 years old. I am in menopause, had my last period when I was 53 y.o. It helps so much to know that I am not alone in this. Thinking you are, can increase anxiety. Then you have all the commercials floating across the t.v. with terrible diseases. Can I ask what supplements you are referring to? I am seeing a nutritionist and has me on a few. I also take calcium and magnesium, and seeing an acupuncturist and doing YOGA. trying to cover ALL bases 😃. thanks again

• Posted

I get the twitching also. Only sometimes and it seems when I am in bed. Also the aches...and of coarse the Anxiety. sad I have been trying to eat really well and take it easy. Your not alone. We are here. smile

• Edited

Hey Diane. I have had this too. Sometimes and Epsom salt bath helps
  • Posted

hello....I have recently developed twitching/fluttering muscles like you are describing here, which is what I was researching. How are you doing in your quest to relieve them? I have gone to a nutritionist, acupuncturist and doing yoga. They seem "a little" better.

• Posted

I take magnesium before bed and Ashwagandha. I started taking DIM and Detox by pure also with lots of water along with my over 50 vitamin. I'm 50. Having these symptoms since 42. Not fun. You feel as if something is off and men do not understand. It's like you don't feel like yourself. 😦. I walk daily 5km still feel out of sorts. Had tons of tests also.

• Edited

This is an interesting thread as I have had bizarre twitching and symptoms for 3 months. its gotten so bad that most days I'm laying in bed or on the couch. Extreme fatigue, night sweats, loss of appetite, weight loss, brain fog, constipation and muscle twitching- especially in legs and abdomen. I'm only 39, yet I've noticed that my periods have been changing lately as well.

They've ran a million tests and so far nothing extreme is popping up... i feel like im slowly falling apart. Could this be perimenopause? How do i test for this?

• Edited

hello....I am here to talk to. My twitching is mainly in my calves...but I experience what I call "fluttering" muscles in other places. My butt cheek of all things, a place on my stomach, and arms a bit. It's been going on for about 2 months?? I am seeing a nutritionist, have been going to an acupuncturist and doing YOGA. I have a fear of going to the doctor. I always think they are going to try and dig up some terrible disease. So I have been going the holistic route. My nutritionist said I have nervous system confusion, thyroid and adrenal stress. I am taking some supplements now.

• Posted

I started taking synthroid for my thyroid and still have the fluttering in my calves and by knees. I am glad you are going to a nutritionist. Gets expensive though. What was the nutritionists' advice to get the nervous system confusion back on track if you don't mind sharing? It's like I feel every twitch or pain like i'm super sensitive, so it makes my anxiety, like you go crazy.

• Posted

I'm 53. Still having regular periods until last month. I've been having the same twitching for almost 3 years now. It seems worse right before Im about to get my period. I really think its due to the decline in estrogen and progeserone. If you do any research this natural decline causes anxiety and we become more uptight about things that didnt bother us before. I was a total basket case two years ago worried I had MS or ALS. Did several tests that came back normal. I'm an endurance athlete with a lot of energy. Staying active, positive and busy are all good ways to get through this awkward scary phase.

• Edited

Hi,

I know this is an old thread but i'm so glad i found it. i have been having lots of random twinges, joint aches, fatigue, brain fog etc. its been going on for about 2 years now and my anxiety is sky high. I did see a neurologist a year ago and he put it down to anxiety but i have noticed that its mainly on the second half if my cycle between ovulation and my period. I asked the neurologist about menopause and he said he had never heard of nerve issues being associated with it. I have heard lots of women saying they have the same symptoms though and HRT helped.

Its such a horrible feeling and Dr Google is scaring me. I wish drs understood menopause better!

xx

• Posted

Hello!

I suffer with horrible health anxiety and im always thinking that i have something that usually checks out to be just fine. i started having muscle spasm in my temple and eyelid about 4 months ago and it got so bad i couldnt sleep, it came and went. i recently started getting muscle spasms all over my body literally everywhere. it defintely is worse when im stressed and have anxiety. i went and had Iv drip therapy and started on this supplement called cortisol calm and i seem to have way less today. i cut out ALL caffeine as well which is making my body tired and headaches which makes me even more anxious! im putting it in my head that i have some sort of nervous system disorder. i also work from home now for a couple years so my fiance seems to think its bc i dont use my muscles as much so going to try to get out and walk/jog every day. the spasms have gotten less but still wondering if i should just go to a neurologist. how often are yours coming on?

• Posted

Thanks for sharing. This is interesting. The twitching did start happening for me the week after the return of the period (after 11 months of me hoping it was finally over lol) so I think this is the ovulation time. Yes, I wish there were more doctors that knew a great deal more.

• Posted

Hello!

Reading all of your replies definitely gives me hope! I suffer with horrible health anxiety and im always thinking that i have something that usually checks out to be just fine. i started having muscle spasm in my temple and eyelid about 4 months ago and it got so bad i couldnt sleep, it came and went. i recently started getting muscle spasms all over my body literally everywhere. it defintely is worse when im stressed and have anxiety. i went and had Iv drip therapy and started on this supplement called cortisol calm and i seem to have way less today. i cut out ALL caffeine as well which is making my body tired and headaches which makes me even more anxious! im putting it in my head that i have some sort of nervous system disorder. i also work from home now for a couple years so my fiance seems to think its bc i dont use my muscles as much so going to try to get out and walk/jog every day. im wondering if anyone is going through the same thing right now? the spasms have gotten less but still wondering if i should just go to a neurologist to check out.

• Posted

Hey Same here. Same here. Same here. Health anxiety, twitching, weird headaches, horrible reflux/gastritis, palpitations etc etc etc. I notice my muscle spams when I'm in bed either going in or out of sleep. The anxiety blows every symptom into a serious disease. It's a very difficult path to walk while trying to keep normal life going

• Posted

I am learning that I need to be hydrated and get enough sleep. With covid and work and the anxiety from all this, it's been hard to. I've started taking magnesium and Ashwagandha an hour before bed.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.