Does any body get muscle and twitching all over

Posted , 34 users are following.

I'm 50 menapause no periods 17 months now get twitching and fluttering arm legs chest get nausea some time got health anxiety over thinking the worst all the time doom and gloom hate being on my own x

5 likes, 47 replies

47 Replies

Prev
  • Edited

Yes! I am 47, not sure if in peri as have Mirena , but along with horrible joint & leg muscle pain, had involuntary muscle twitching mostly in legs, but sometimes in tummy, arms. Started 3 months ago. Was so worried saw a neurologist - seems nothing serious - benign fasciculations. I started taking horse chestnut supplements and don't get them much at all now, though still lots of leg pain. Seems crazy that it can be hormones causing these symptoms!

• Posted

I started going to physio but focus on myofascia stretching which is helping! You should look into it. I was just researching horse chestnut cream as I 've been getting pain at the backs of my legs and trying not to freak out about blood clots after the covid vaccine! Gotta love anxiety! I read cyrpress and witchhazel are good for the leg pain.

• Posted

I'm so happy to have seen this, having previously . searched many sites for a match to these symptoms.

I've woken with twitches in my chest, stomach and arms each month, around the time of my period.

At 53 yrs old, I would say menopause is imminent.

However, I was unaware that perimenopause/menopause could cause these symptoms.

If anyone else has problems with their blood circulation while they are experiencing their sleep twitching, Id love to find out.

• Posted

Hi Roseaday,

i get twitching and also get dead arms/legs in my sleep a few fays before my period. its not the same as a dead arm from sleeping on it, its more of a heavy slightly numb feeling. its horrible. i spoke to a neurologist and my GP and both said it was liekly anxiety bit could also be a symptom of perimenopause as it comes in cycles. its very annoying and stressful. I am thinking of trying HRT but the GP wont consider menopause as im 42 and still regular, despite all my strange symptoms and the fact that my Mums periods stopped suddenly at 43.

xx

• Posted

I've found that lately also my arms and legs fall asleep so fast! The list never ends. Glad to be alive though! Amen!

• Edited

I noticed recently when i woke up my left hand left heavy, numb, and tingly. Immediately I resorted to "stroke"!

When I researched my symptoms, I came across prefrontal lobe seizures, or focal aware seizures!!! In the temporal lobe section it mentions:

"A peculiar smell (such as burning rubber)

Strong emotions (such as fear)

Abdominal/chest discomfort

Automatic, unconsciously repeated movements

Staring

Loss of awareness"

My sense of smell and taste seems to be strangely enhanced from the supposed perimenopause. So right before a hot flash I notice the smell, then BAM! Hot and flush! But that wasn't listed as the first form of epilepsy, so no reason to worry right? The I read the next one...

For periatal lobe epilepsy it mentions "Parietal lobe epilepsy is very uncommon. Seizures starting in this area can cause sensory disturbances, such as heat, numbness or electrical sensations, weakness, dizziness, hallucinations, distortions of space and other symptoms." Upon reading that I went into a full blown panic.

So you can see the connection! Heat, tingling, extreme panic, dizziness, electrical sensations, weakness...THIS MUST BE IT!!! But why would I just suddenly develop epilepsy out of nowhere, especially since no one in my family has a history of it? Then I recall my parents telling me that I had seizures during infancy. later I learn that some people can be AWARE DURING the seizure! Down the rabbit hole I go!

But these are two different forms of epilepsy. I am experiencing symptoms from two types of seizures? Then I thought to look up menopause and age, that's when I found perimenopause!

I'm still doing my best to keep the epilepsy fear down, but it's difficult to do with the hormones fluctuations taking over.

• Posted

This is such a trying time on your nerves. I have been on this journey 14 years, post menopause 11 years. It has not gotten any better for me. The last 10 months have been as bad or worse than when it all started. I see no end in sight. The anxiety and panic attacks and internal vibrations are so scary for me. Does not matter how long I have been dealing with these symptoms they are still so scary. Makes it even more difficult when no one understands the crazy that you are going through.

Prayers for you.

GOD Bless

• Edited

Yes! All over in random places and pretty frequently- they come and go. But it's scary to get them sometimes. I was convinced I had ALS or MS until I found this site. I'll be 50 in a few months and I'm relieved to know that other women experience this!

• Posted

i get this at night, they wake me up. anyone else have the same issue?

• Posted

Great to be reading this, my leg started twitching last week, and boy did I get anxious after looking up various websites. I started HRT at the weekend and it seems to be getting better. I wonder is it linked? My doc said it was not a common symtom of peri-menopause, but it seems various people have got them.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.