Feeling better all the time

Posted , 12 users are following.

Hi, I have not posted on here for a very long time, the reason is I have felt so much better and forgot all about it, which I assume happens to many people. At my worst moments I was always looking for positive posts that would give me some light at the end of the tunnel but could never find many. Its like anything else when we feel better we just get on with living. I am now 51 and have not had a period for over 4 months, I still get very warm at night and don't have the best nights sleep but I have gone back to work and I'm loving it. My anxiety levels are just about back to normal except for the odd few times I have the familiar dread feeling but it soon passes. I think I'm a bit grumpy sometimes and have a low tolerance level but I can live with that. The days of been so terrified to even go shopping or to any social event are gone, I don't even think about it now. I am crossing my fingers that this is how its going to be now. I feel older, look older but I'm ok with that. Please hang on in there, I know its not always the case for everyone but hopefully a lot of us do get through this, a bit battered and bruised but there is light at the end of the tunnel.

14 likes, 16 replies

16 Replies

Next
  • Edited

Thank you, Caroline, for the encouragement!! I'm on the struggle bus right now, and I needed this today ❤💜💙

• Edited

caroline youre awesome for posting this ❤ im in crippling pain today and so needed this, really hope everyday gets better for you 😃 xx

• Edited

I am 2 years post and I had a very rough perimenopause. I cant say once I hit menopause my symptoms went away..though I had the moments of feeling better and like you i didnt come on here as much or at all. The longer I went post I gradually started to feel better ..i felt it was all over but oh boy was i wrong. i went exactly 2 years post and on my anniversary week of my 2 year , i kid you not..it seem as if every symptom i had during perimenopause came flooding back. I was greatly surprised!! I thought post means its done ..not exactly it only means no more periods. Speaking of periods, yep i had one of those too..went through all the testing, ultrasound, biopsy, ..normal. though biopsy said proliferative endometrium .What does proliferative endometrium mean?

Proliferative endometrium is a very common non-cancerous change that develops in the tissue lining the inside of the uterus. It is a normal finding in women of reproductive age.

During the menstrual cycle, the endometrium grows under the influence of two major hormones – estrogen and progesterone. In the first part of the menstrual cycle, between menses and ovulation (ovulation is when a mature egg is released from the ovary, pushed down the fallopian tube, and is made available to be fertilized), the endometrium grows under the influence of estrogen. Pathologists call this phase the proliferative endometrium.

These changes occur during the fertile age, which for most women starts at early teens, and lasts until the age of 45-55. Menstrual flow might occur every 21 to 35 days and usually lasts two to seven days.

So in other words, its like I had a period and it triggered my symptoms again.

Im glad you re feeling better but just to let you know menopause can be really tricky and sneaky.

• Edited

Hey Mary..

OMG, to the 10th power!! I am floored by your post!! Thank you for breaking down some of the aforementioned terms in layman's lingo.

Vivian

• Edited

I thought endometriosis is very rare in post menopause? usually occur during reproductive ages/ menstruation.

• Posted

its sometimes painless so you may have had it for years and not known x

• Edited

Hey Caroline...

That's really good to hear! Your post lets us know , it's only a matter of time before we are ALL on the other side of this tsunami!

Vivian

• Edited

Hello There, Caroline....

Can you please give this forum an update, regarding how you're feeling, as we speak? It is evident, your post is roughly 21 months old, and I am curious regarding your present day symptoms, if you have any...

It will be greatly appreciated.. Thank you in advance.

• Posted

Yes me too , would like to know if feeling better has lasted for Caroline. It sure does not work that way for me, still a roller coaster ride all these years later! Hope she is one of the blessed ones. Prayers for all.

• Posted

Hi, i am now 53 and 12 months without a period, i still feel so much better than i did in peri. The only things I still have are

Some health anxiety, I dont think that will ever go, poor digestion, i can not eat certain foods anymore, intolerance to alcohol, 2 glasses of wine is my limit occasionally, i do sleep much better now, i have accepted i am a different person and have to live with certain changes to my mind and body but im ok with that. i know there is a lot more i can do to help myself and i am working on that, if i could go back to the beginning, i would have researched menopause more by speaking to women who had been through it, stayed away from my GP, and never googled symptoms, hopefully we all learn to live with our new normal and be at peace with it, love to everyone

• Posted

Hello Caroline,

So happy to hear you are still doing great. I agree with you on having to learn to accept we are different now in our bodies and minds. I am trying so very hard to accept the changes. I had a decent stretch and had hoped the changes were behind me, but not the case, all symptoms have returned. That has been one of the hardest things for me, never knowing when I will be hit again. I hope you continue to stay settled and well. Thanks for the update.

• Edited

Hello There, Caroline..

Thanks for your INSPIRING update! Our new NORMAL is learning to accept that we are in menopause and find some sense of normalcy, while in it! Cheers to you!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.