Extreme Jealousy!!!

Posted , 7 users are following.

Omg...I am driving my husband mad with imagining that he's looking at everything and anything and comparing them to me. I am like...Am I going out of my mind??? I know some women will say well maybe your instincts are right. Well, to squash all those that think that I will say that I've been married to this man for 30 years and NEVER even felt like he gave anyone (including women) a second look. I've even encouraged him in the past to give the girls in his office a little something around Christmas to show his appreciation because he would never think of it. Now I'm constantly having these paranoid thoughts of him staring at other women. I feel INSANE!!!! Is it my insecurities and my age (I'm 52) that all of a sudden is making me crazy?? He has never said anything negative about my body or my looks and compliments me all the time. SO WHAT THE HECK IS GOING ON? He asks me if I'm trying to push him away by accusing him of this and I am not at all. I love him dearly and he tells me he loves me everyday. But this green monster is taking over my life to where I'm imagining him ogling anything that moves. UGH!! Please tell me I'm not the only one that feels this craziness. <3 <3 <3

1 like, 9 replies

Report / Delete

9 Replies

• Posted

Yes I have done the same to my husban. It has worn off some fortunately. I usually have to explain that its mother nature and hope he understands. Usually does and is very supportive. Just be honest and let him know its just what your going through right now and hope it dosen't last long. 

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Thank you Michelle. I am not as bad as I was 6 months ago, but I do have my moments where I can't let it go no matter how much I tell myself not to say anything. My imagination runs wild and my mouth right along with it. It seems to get worse around that time of the month...go figure. Thanks for sharing your story with me. It means a lot. 😊

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

I can't completely relate because I'm single, but I get it to a degree. I have lother most of my self confidence during this peri struggle, have tried dating, but decided it's best I stay away from that as I would describe myself as a physco ? it makes me very very anxious and it's not fair to the man.

Jealously is all about our own self confidence and this is a time in our life when it's pretty low.

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Hi Laura, I got this way recently.  But, I was more annoyed with this person...  There was this single mom whose kid plays on the same team as my son. Married like 3 times.  I was not able to make it to all the games with all my crappy symptoms. she constantly cling to my husband at the games...talking his ear off and sharing all her ex husband woes with him.  I was beyond heated.  Anyways, I ended up going to the last game last month.  We had just arrived, she must of smelled him from a mile away.  Comes right up to my husband like I was invisible.  At that moment, I wasn’t jealous...I found her to be truly aggressive and annoying.  So, the season ended...she started texting him!  I put an end to that.  Unbelievable!  

Btw, like yours,  my husband adores me.  Even though I’m walking around a mess lately 😀

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Oh wow...some people are such inconsiderate a**holes. Excuse my language, but to ignore you like she did is so wrong to say the least. Sounds like your husband was just trying to be nice to her like my husband is to everybody, but some women take it the wrong way. Especially if they're desperate. You handled it way better than I would have. But I totally can relate to your situation. Thanks for sharing. I get tired of feeling all alone with these crazy thoughts. 😉

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Laura

You are not alone . I do and my husband of 16 yrs is younger than me for 9 yrs. So I’m so worried I’m 48 and he will be 40 in December . But he said he loves me even with my peri meno I got all symptoms. 

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

I'm sure he does adore you without a doubt. You're very lucky to have him with you and to help you through these trying times. Everyday I wake up and hope this day will be a ggod day for me. It's a hit and miss sometimes which can be extremely frustrating and tiresome. Thanks for your reply to my post, it means a lot. 😁😁😁

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Good evening...I've been a subscriber to this page since my announced she had peri.  And I only learned of it because I happened by a conversation my wife was having with a mutual friend. Otherwise she never would've told me. I wanted very much to be a support system. But she pushed me away.  There were bigger issues at work besides her peri. But the announcement was where the plate tectonics officially cracked wide open. She already pushed me away for other reasons.  We're now separated and I've moved out.  I have no idea whatsoever what my wife's peri experience is. She never talks about it.  EVER.  As a man give your husbands some credit which it definitely seems like you're doing. He loves and you and wants to be there for you. 

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Hello Michael...I'm so sorry to hear about you and your wife. Believe it or not my husband knew about my peri before I did because he asked his doctors and read about it. Unfortunately he never told me. I had to find out on my own. But because he knew about it he had patience and rode it out until I said something. So now we talk about it regularly and he says he will never leave me. Trust me there were times I just wanted to run and never come back because of my crazy thoughts and thinking he might leave me, so I'll leave him first. But everyday all day he reminds me how much he cares and we'll get through this. What I'm trying to say is maybe your wife left because she was afraid you would leave her first and she would rather be the leaver than the one left behind? Does that make sense? It's a very confusing time for everyone and it sounds like you trief your best so try not to blame yourself. Maybe she just needs some space right now to get her heaf on straight. I wish I could explain it better, but it's impossible. But I do tell my husband everyday how lucky I am to have him. 🙄🙄🙄

Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up