Extreme Jealousy!!!

Posted , 14 users are following.

Omg...I am driving my husband mad with imagining that he's looking at everything and anything and comparing them to me. I am like...Am I going out of my mind??? I know some women will say well maybe your instincts are right. Well, to squash all those that think that I will say that I've been married to this man for 30 years and NEVER even felt like he gave anyone (including women) a second look. I've even encouraged him in the past to give the girls in his office a little something around Christmas to show his appreciation because he would never think of it. Now I'm constantly having these paranoid thoughts of him staring at other women. I feel INSANE!!!! Is it my insecurities and my age (I'm 52) that all of a sudden is making me crazy?? He has never said anything negative about my body or my looks and compliments me all the time. SO WHAT THE HECK IS GOING ON? He asks me if I'm trying to push him away by accusing him of this and I am not at all. I love him dearly and he tells me he loves me everyday. But this green monster is taking over my life to where I'm imagining him ogling anything that moves. UGH!! Please tell me I'm not the only one that feels this craziness. <3 <3 <3

1 like, 19 replies

19 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Oh no.... I feel exactly the same....how long does it last? - I hope it passes xx 😦

• Posted

Hi Laura,

I think you can certainly blame this on hormones. I get similar feelings before a period. I will have thoughts that my husband would be better without me and would have a better life with someone else. These are completely my own feelings but I assume he must be thinking them. He does nothing to make me feel like this. I have had a few dreams about him having an affair, again he has never given me reason to think this. It makes me a bit irritable towards him which is ridiculous really but I can't control it. I know it's my hormones as these feelings are only present at certain times. It's like I have a week where my emotions aren't my own! Where they come from I have no idea 🤔 I tell my husband my thoughts and am very honest about how I'm feeling. He tries his best to be very supportive and knows I struggle with it. I'm hopeful that this will stop one day but it is very hard to have thoughts that you can't control and deep down know that they aren't really your true feelings. It sounds like you have a very loving marriage, my advice would be to maintain honest and open communication.

• Edited

Hi everyone I am feeling so bad my obsessive jealousy pushed my partner aywa and he left me . That killing me my menopause it is crazy and he was saying is nothing to do with that menopause. We been together 4.6 years i get pregnant during my perimenopause . I am 48 years old and feeling so down . When i read all your stories you are all so blessed to have that good and understandable partners . Unfortenatly I havent got that support from no one 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.