?? Parkisons

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi I'm currantly.under a dignoses of fibromyaligia but due to.recent new symptoms been sent back to.a Nerourlogistis to see if what I have is.parkisons . Is tjere anyone out there can tell me what they was. like. before. they was dignosed. with parkisons as I'd. Like. to know and what your exspericenes were at the time thank. you in advance x

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

The scan for Parkinson's is called a DaT scan, similar to an MRI brain scan - painless. I had one but didn't have Parkinson's I was diagnosed with one of the many other neuro movement disorder that has similar symptoms, don't go into it too deeply before you get diagnosed in case it's something else - good luck.

• Posted

I was diagnosed with stage three Parkinson's three years ago with just about every symptom from tremors to feet stuck to the floor to name a few. I take 25mg l-dopa three times a day and wear a 21mg nicotine patch. When the patch starts to wear off I chew 2mg nicotine gum when needed. All my symptoms are under control except a dragging left foot. Google nicotine Parkinson's and get informed.

• Posted

Can anyone tell me if they have tremors and or spasms?  I started on Monday with tremors where I get out of the car and have tremor (effects my walking) when I have to go down stairs it happens.  It is getting to be more active.  I went to my primary doctor on Thursday and he watched me walk of course I preformed for him, he has been in practice for 2 years so I had him confused he felt that it would be strange to be parkinson's come on this fast.  I had a CT scan of my brain and they let me go home so I assume it was ok.  I have had back pain for about a year and have Degenertive Disc issues,  I will be going next week for an MRI of my lower back, and will see a Neuro Doc on 1-16,  Please help me understand first symptoms you had when your were diagnosed with Parkinson's,

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.