Skip to content
Ad

Movement Disorders

Also known as Akathisia, Ataxia, Cerebral Palsy, Chorea, Dyskinesia, Dystonia, Essential Tremor, Huntington's Disease, Parkinson's Disease, Sydenham's Chorea, Tetrabenazine, Tic Disorders, Tourette's Syndrome, Tremors, Writer's Cramp

Can you help? Discussions needing a reply

• Hemifacial spasm

hi everyone I last got in touch saying I had been diagnosed with Hemifacial spasm. Since I last wrote I have been sent to London to see a professor Edwards at st George s, even though my face is twisted and it affects my speech and throat, he is now saying that it is a Funtional neurological disorder....

• Cerebral Palsy Life Expectancy

Cerebral palsy is a condition occurs after some damages in the brain before, during and after the birth of an infant. It is a long-lasting non-progressive condition in which muscles become rigid and stress. The complete cure for cerebral palsy is not possible but management in the condition of CP is...

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Parkinsonism side effects

I was diagnosed with parkinsonism some 27 years ago after a head injury NOT Parkinsons disease - just some of the effects of Parkinsons disease Over the years - it has gradually got worse - finally, it affected ny walking ability and has neant that my knees have "gone" - i had a knee replacement...

Last reply
  • Hemifacial spasm

hi everyone I last got in touch saying I had been diagnosed with Hemifacial spasm. Since I last wrote I have been sent to London to see a professor Edwards at st George s, even though my face is twisted and it affects my speech and throat, he is now saying that it is a Funtional neurological disorder....

Posted
  • Cerebral Palsy Life Expectancy

Cerebral palsy is a condition occurs after some damages in the brain before, during and after the birth of an infant. It is a long-lasting non-progressive condition in which muscles become rigid and stress. The complete cure for cerebral palsy is not possible but management in the condition of CP is...

Posted
  • Parkinson's without medication

Hi Everyone, I was diagnosed with PD back in July and have been unable to tolerate any of the meds they have tried me on, So I am thinking  I will try and manage without any medication, has anyone else done this? L x

Last reply
  • Has anyone else got or had medication induced akathisia?

Hi Just wondering if there's anyone else out there who either has or has had akathisia as a result of taking ssris or anti pcyhotics? It seems like an uncommon thing. I am very sensitive to meds and have severe akathisia from SSRIs. I got it on citalopram, came off that and was put on sertraline...

Last reply
  • Hand pain pulse

Hello, I have a pulse bellow my thumb that is characterized by a pulsating vein, artery, nerve or something else. It hurts a lot. What can it be?

Last reply
  • tremors, tics, hypersensitivity to cold

Hello. I'll try to desribe my situation very detailed and I would REALLY appreciate any advice or reply since I am really desperate. I am 19 years old and I have developed tremors throughout all my body, they are usually present when I'm stretching or flexing, the vibrating in my hands are present...

Last reply
  • Tremors, shaking, vibrating

Back in early January my middle finger on my left hand flew straight up while my arm was resting on the arm of a chair.  Later my left thumb was twitching.  I started having occasional tremors in my left hand and forearm.  It took two months to get a neurology appointment  and during...

Last reply
  • Involuntary jerking, left side weakness, headaches

I was diagnosed by 2 neurologist in 2 days with Functioning Neurological Movement Disorder. I have constant headaches, and severe jerking to the left side of my head, torso, and arms. Sometimes my hand will get in a locking position. I had a severe reaction to Pavarotti and was hospitalized but since...

Posted
  • Essential tremor or worse?

Hi everyone, I'll cut straight to the point, I've had a tremor, not debilitating by any means but, noticable slight movement for a few years, I'd say maybe four? I'm 22 now. This tremor is often in my hands, but when I go to the gym I can feel it all over, arms legs primarily, It becomes...

Last reply
  • Parkinsons?

I am 63 and for years I have had a tremor in my thumb and pointer finger. Had trouble hanging on to things when holding them that way. In the last year the tremors in my right hand are worse and I also have tremor now in my right foot and leg. It seems my arm no longer swings correctly when I walk. And...

Last reply
  • I'm sure the deadly tremors in the world will not be far away.

HI gays I 26 years old I was born in Ethiopia and initially did not think of such essential tremor association in the world because I thought I was the only one, but When I was browsing Google, I discovered that I was happy that I was so excited. Next I would like to briefly mention the discharge of...

Last reply
  • I'm sure the deadly tremors in the world

HI gays I 26 years old I was born in Ethiopia and initially did not think of such essential tremor association in the world because I thought I was the only one, but When I was browsing Google, I discovered that I was happy that I was so excited. Next I would like to briefly mention the discharge of...

Posted
  • Jerking movements before sleep have acting out dreams

Hello, this all began about six months ago. Previous to the six months ago, I never had any of the symptoms. I was not on any medication. I am a 33 year old healthy gal. But then I started jerking before I fell asleep. I close my eyes and dreams come quick. And the next thing I know I am acting out my...

Last reply
  • Essential tremors and alchohol

My friend suffers from severe shaking in both hands to the extent that he cannot carry a cup or glass of liquid as it would simply spill all over the place. Last night, him and his wife were at my place and we sat outside and had a few glasses of red wine. I was astonished to notice that after a few...

Last reply
  • depessed

you send out there. I what to die so sleep i which i had lots of sleeper so i can take them all . I fill i have no family around  who comes. i what to kill my self so i can rest and be left alone but i never get eve next doors start some time i like to get a council flat but becouse i have a cat...

Last reply
  • Benign Hereditary Chorea

Hello,  I have a 2 and a half year old daughter who was diagnosed with the above since birth, there was a 50% chance she would have this as her dad carries the gene. I don't know anyone else who has this, I think it is quite rare, noone in my area (Tayside, Scotland) has a condition similar...

Last reply
  • MRI scan.

Little info my neuro doctor gave, I researched finding possible of early stage of parkinson (PD), PSPalsy, or MSA. Symbols mickey mouse, panda bear and possible cub, with out the true hummingbird sign. Question would how to ask the right questions. I have had incidentle tremors mostly lower trunk / legs....

Posted
  • newly diagnosed with parkinsons

hello, I have just recently been diagnosed with PD and have been given Madopar 62.5mg 3 times daily to be increased to 2 rablets 3 times daily after 2 weeks I have only been taking them 4 days and am experiencing severe palpitations is this normal? I have had Paroximal atrial fibrilation for some years...

Last reply
  • Is this a movement disorder?

My neurologist isn't sure what's going on, so he's referring me to a movement disorder center. I was able to get a video (less than 2 minutes) of what I'm doing. It isn't as intense as it can get sometimes but it's what I was able to get. I would really appreciate feedback about...

Last reply
  • Tardive dyskinesia - any other sufferers out there?

Just that, really. I've had it for about 18 months and it seems to be settling down a bit. My symptoms aren't as bad as they were, it's mainly the lip smacking/licking and grimacing / tongue protrusion that are the worst symptoms, and manageable. I'd love to connect with other sufferers...

Last reply
  • Cataract operation with tremor.

I have had essential tremor for many years and just live with it.  I do not need to say how stress makes this condtion much worse.  I recently had an eyesight test which came below the limit for driving.  Cataracts are the cause so i will need an operation on my eyes if I wish to continue...

Last reply
  • parkinsons meds

My husband is on 8 pills a day of carbidopa/levodopa 25 - 100 mg daily.  Also 6 tablets daily of carbidopa/levodopa/enta 50 200 200 daily.  Is anyone else on such a great amount of meds?

Last reply
  • tardive dyskinesia years after diagnosis with pain

For 7 years I've just lived with tardive dyskinesia.  I'm 67 now.  I suspain my daily neck pain is a result of this movement disorder.  I clench teeth and do chewing motions most of the time.  I also turn head side to side a lot.  its the pain that bothers me.  

Last reply
  • oromaudibrler dystonia patient

Sir I am dystonia patient since 4 year treatment continue but no relief my jaw was not closed automatic please suggest what can I do kindly help me I am just 33 year old

Posted
  • Question about tic disorder

Hi, I'm 22 years old. For 7 years, I have been doing some movements and sounds : - I'm cracking my knuckles over my chin. Also my wrists and elbows. - I'm clearing my throat. - I'm biting my lips and my nails. - I'm cracking my neck If I don't do these movements, I can feel...

Last reply
  • Involuntary movements question

Hello. I have been experiencing a number of troubling symptoms and was hoping to hear from someone who has been there. I will try to be brief (sorry, long...). I have been to a first appointment with a neurologist, and had an MRI, but it is such a long time until my next appointment. Beginning March...

Last reply
  • Tremors really acting up this last week .

I have essential tremors that have been well controlled with medication. They have really been flaring this last week. They only change that comes to mind is that I have been out of my thyroid medicine for the last couple of weeks. Does anyone think this could be what's causing my flair?...

Last reply
  • Propranolol and alcohol

I've been prescribed to start taking propranolol to help with my tremors and am unsure about what I can do in terms of alcohol consumption with it. I know almost every medication tells you to avoid alcohol but it's mostly for liability purposes so I'm unsure how it would affect this particular...

Posted
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.