New to tremors - considering propanolol

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hello

I am a 35 year old woman who was hit with tremors about 3-4 months ago and they have been there 24/7 since then, though it varies in intensity from day to day. It is highly likely medicine induced, a medicine I havent been able to succesfully taper of because the withdraval is insane.

My tremors are mostly internal, although when its bad my hands also shake a bit and my arms twitches. It is absolutely dreadful and I am starting having suicidal thoughts, cause I can never relax. It is like a bad hangover everyday.

I was prescribed propanolol, but I havent taken more then 1 pill to try, which didnt do anything. I am scared to take this daily as I have so bad experiences with side effects and witthdraval from coming of drugs again.

Anybody have any experience with this drug? Is it fairly easy top come of again?

What other treatment options are there??

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Hi! I'm also new to this. I was diagnoised 2 months ago. My doctor has me on something else. My name is Sandy by the way. It can be very depressing I know. But please don't hurt yourself love. I was told that it would take 6 months for the full effect of the meds . Or I may have to try something else. Yes I have set and cried. Call your doctor and discuss this with him. Take care

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.