Long lasting side effects from interactions between Bupropion and Levodopa usage?

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hello, I have been prescribed Bupropion XL 150 mg for mental health issues and concentration. I took it for 2 months, starting from December 2021 to February 2022. Everything was fine until I incidentally ingested a supplement called Dopa Mucuna or Mucuna Pruriens, which contained 120 mg of L-Dopa. About exactly 30 minutes after intake of Dopa Mucuna, and while still on bupropion treatment, I experienced nausea and vomiting, tremors, dyskinesia, tics and twitching of muscles and body, inability to focus, loss of fine-motor skills, deterioration of hand-eye coordination and accuracies, a good example would be misclicking a lot with my computer mouse and making many typing mistakes on keyboard. After experiencing such side effects, I stopped bupropion, as for the supplement, it was a one-time thing, I took it many times before without bupropion administered and was fine, however, with bupropion, things happened. Anyways, it's been 2 months since the discontinuation of everything, and while symptoms improved, they never fully went away, I still get the occasional tics and twitches, these random fluctuating urge to move my body, sometimes it does it involuntarily, it gets better and mostly go quiet if I lie down in my bed, and also still worsen motor skills. I did some research, and both drugs are dopaminergic, and I might have experienced dopamine toxicity? I'm not sure what to do.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.