Akathesia from one dose of droperidol

Posted , 2 users are following.

hi

I had one dose of droperidol in ER a week ago for bad nausea due to a GI issue and have had the most unpleasant akithisia since. I cant function and need to stay with my dad who cooks and looks after me and calms me down sometimes. The symptoms I have are the most terrible internal anxiety and twitching at rest mainly in the calves.

I manage to sleep around 5 to 6 hours naturally but upon waking the anxiety returns.

I am too scared to take propanolol but do have some diazepam at home i could take just worried about dependency. I also have natural supplements with passion flower

and lthemaine

Has anyone experienced this after one dose?

thanks

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Had something happen like this wit Ambien, one pill, 6 months of living hell, Continuous silent migraines consisting of a deadening stupor. They gave me an endless supply of topiramate or Topamax, a really strange drug which managed to smooth out the swings in the stupor making the process bearable. Ended up at 250 mg per day of topiramate before it went away. The taper back down was very slow, much slower then they recommend.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.