(PE) Pulmonary Embolism

Posted , 5 users are following.

Back in September last year I got told I have PE. I have had no problem with it since I went on Wafarin. But last week it was my daughters birthday and I blew up 8 balloons. Whilst doing the last balloon I said to my husband I don't think I should be doing this. Since then I have had really bad chest. It hurts every time I breath, every time I walk up the stairs and it hurts when I clean the house.

Is that normal?

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi Shannon. So sorry to hear you have had a setback. Think you should get checked out as it came on so suddenly. Anxiety won't help. Hope it is nothing just a blip. Good luck. x

• Posted

I found after performing stressfull work physically I sometimes cough or have heavy breathing for a few hours. Feels like a bride at times. I have found going to fun 3x week and using a tread mill for 30 minutes each time is making my lungs feel better and allowing them to expand. . I think the exercise strengthens the lungs that the pulmonary embolism damaged.
    • Posted

Since January 2016, said I was clear in december, but still feel symptoms
    • Posted

Thanks. yes I was guessing it was going to take a year. Doctors said 6 months to a year. Also that may never achieve 100'/,. I have really good days and then yesterday in bed by 7 o'clock. Had only walked up a slight incline for 10mins and back again. x

• Posted

Shannon,

Given that it started after exertion, it sounds more like a pulled muscle than a clot. There are a lot of small intercostal muscles around the ribs that are used during breathing and the unaccustomed action of blowing up the balloons may have pulled one. If it is muscular, it will take a few days to sort itself out.

However, as others have said - get yourself checked over to be on the safe side.

All the best

Peter

• Posted

If it gets very bad have it checked Bette safe than sorry but I know what you mean. I have some good days and then help move some junk from my old property this weekend and feel like oh my goodness that was a mistake!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.