Skip to content

Pulmonary Embolism

Can you help? Discussions needing a reply

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Kytherra 1

Slightly Elevated D-Dimer (Third Time)

Hello everyone!  I'm very scared at the moment and would really appreciate your advice. I'm 25 years old and stopped birth control bbout 4 months ago after I went to the hospital complaining of chest pain with a high heart rate and shortness of breath. After testing my blood they told me that my D-Dimer...

6 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • sue13845 3
  • Keniki 2

Multiple PE on both lungs-tips?!

Hi, after a couple of weeks of what I considered to be pneumonia...my GP sent me to hospital to be checked as he said my shortness of breath wasn't sitting right with him as I am on the combined oral contraceptive. So off I trotted for precautionary tests to rule out PE and so I could get stronger anti-biotics...

37 replies 1 vote Last reply
  • reema44 2

PE still difficulty breathing 7 weeks out

I had Bariatric surgery  May 9 and a week later got re-admitted to hospital with a massive PE in my lung.  They never found that it started fro my leg, they presume it may have come from another source maybe in pelvic area. I have been on Xarelto now for 6 weeks , the last CT scan showed the clot has...

5 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • jacqui43348 2

Still difficult symptoms 4 months in

hi, had extensive bilateral PE in Feb one of which was a saddle. Diagnosed with dvt's in April. Went to see consultant today and was told basically live with it, your better it's all in your mind now!!! Feel very let down and made to feel a fraud, he told me in Feb I would be lucky to make it. I am still...

11 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • jonathan24258 2

One month post diagnosis of people and dvt. Anxious husband

My wife went to A&E one month ago today and was diagnosed with both a bilateral saddle pe and a dvt in her left leg. She spent 2 weeks in hospital & has been on once daily Heparin injections (Clexane) ever since. She has a hospital appointment this week re going on oral tablet (warfarin) treatment....

9 replies 1 vote Last reply
  • samantha 60074 3

How is eveyone

I havent seen anyone post in awhile. Wanted to see if everyone was doing. If anyones off of blood thinners?

13 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • ann55375 5

Depression

been using buccastem 3mg for nausea. Now my depression is so much worse. Could this be the cause?

0 replies 0 votes Posted
  • james85348 3

Shoulder pains and aches

Hello Hope everyone is well. I was wondering does anyone get shoulder pain or heaviness for taking rivaroxaban or any other ones ? The last few weeks I've had and it isn't getting any worse it's just constant feels like it's in my arm sockets and upper chest.

4 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • daisy36705 2
  • jamieleigh51118 2

D dimer

Hi everyone I was diagnosed at the end of march I had a d dimer test last week I think that's the name any way and the doctor said it was at 400 is this a good or bad sign?

9 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • tracey46521 2

Warfarin side effects

i have been on warfarin for nearly five years due to massive PE no obvious cause in this time I have gained three stone in weight I eat healthy exercise don't drink or smoke so am positive this is due to warfarin . I am seeing my Gp in two weeks to try and stop warfarin but been told I must take an alternative...

3 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • james85348 3

Flying tips

I'm flying back home in a couple of days. I've got a 14 and a half hour flight then a 7 hour one. I was just wondering if anyone has any tips ?? I'm on blood thinners now. Is there still any risks or can I be quite relaxed ?

2 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • reema44 2

PE in ventricle near lung

I was wondering on how long usually you are out of work with a pummonary embolism in the ventricle of lung.  I had surgery May 9 ended went home after 2 daus The following week I was dizzy, lightheaded shortness of breath and heart racing. Ended up in the hosiptal  for 5 days with the PE.  They gave...

• joanne32649 2

Oxygen levels

I am less than a week in from multiple PEs in both lungs. My oxygen levels when I am sitting are around 95 but as soon as I do anything like walking around the house, stairs or treadmill by levels drop to 88. Should I be worried that it's dropping below 90. It comes back up to 95 within a couple of minutes...

11 replies 1 vote Last reply
  • lizzie70061 3
  • elizabeth05322 1

Pulmonary embolism

I was diagnosed with 2 clots left lung 4 weeks ago.  Cannot get definitive answer from GP re exercise as in what is ok and what not. 

10 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • bockko 2

pulmonary embolism and flying

hi everyone i was diagonised with pe on both lungs on the 15th of may 2017 i am now on rivaroxaban  15mg twice a day and 25mg of sildenafil 3 times a day i am due to fliy on a 9 hour flight on 11th of june 2017 now that iam aware of what i need to do i am willing to take my chances and fly but im getting...

13 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • debby01 3

Clots in Period

Hi all, Does anyone else get clots in the blood whilst on your period? Not a lovely discussion I know!

7 replies 1 vote Last reply
  • samantha 60074 3
  • jhona63366 2

Lung embolism

Hi everyone! Did anyone who feel's like This, i am going to 3 months with XARELTO This june but This fast few days i feel This I am so sleepy Then when i think i fellasleep i just woke Up because of hard breathing! U know guys what i mean?! Do i need to consult the doctor?

23 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • Windy8000 3

Something new.

Legs are hurting. I feel like I might have another clot going on. Don't understand how being on the xarelto but then again a friend got 2 leg clots and 2 separate PEs Today I tried to plant some flowers and had an awful time coughing and out of breath now I'm sitting here getting stabbed in the chest...

9 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • james85348 3

Clot free

Got a ct scan today and they said that the clot has gone. I'm guessing there is no scarring otherwise they would mention it I suppose the tight chest should go soon I'm guessing if the clot has gone

11 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • james85348 3

Shortness of breath

Anyone had shortness of breath getting worse ?? I'm 12 weeks in and it's I'm still getting it quite bad. I can run with no pain but it's the shortness of breath that is stopping me do anything. I'm sure the anxiety isn't helping. I spoke to my doctor he is giving me a ct scan and checking my lung function...

• samuels 5
  • rohit19405 2

can it be ?? pulmonary embolism ??

I had a leg injury in my foot took rest for some days cause that was deep later it was cured no pain it became hematoma like small lump on that wound but doesn't pain ..but one day I felt strange electric shock like pain on my left chest which became very sharp like stabbing and suddenly released ..I...

• Mort1 2

PE

I had a DVT last October after a knee op and was taking warfarin until mud March. On Tuesday (May) this week after being admitted to A&E I was diagnosed with a pulmonary embolism. They say there are multiple clots but all are small. I'm now on rivaroxoaban. I still have chest and shoulder pain. Has...

16 replies 1 vote Last reply
  • HeyZeidy 3

possible pulmonary embolism.... please help!!!!

Let me give you guys a little background history and then my symptoms. I'm 21, been told I'm healthy. Have gotten a catscan done back in February for an elevated d dimer, came back negative. Went back to the hospital in May, d dimer was 100 over what's considered "normal" got another catscan done,...

18 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • jamieleigh51118 2

Paranoid

Hey all, I really hope everyone is doing well. I am a paranoid mess these day constantly thinking I'm having symptoms of another clot I'm always at the hospital or doctors. It doesn't help that I have major health anxiety. Am I the only one who is paranoid? I'm taking pain killers every day just incase...

5 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • lizzie70061 3
  • jamieleigh51118 2
  • samantha 60074 3

Smoking

Does anyone smoke? I do a little bit and im trying to break it because im afraid of getting another clot. But its hard.

6 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • debby01 3
  • zara234 1

High heart rate..previous pulmonary embolism

Im only 23 and when i was 19 i had 2 large clots (one in each lung) and pnemonia. I had severe pain with it but after about a week and a half i felt fine. My question is, when i yawn or sneeze i still feel slight pain where it was..i also randomly get chest pains and have a resting pulse of 97 bpm -...

• james85348 3
Back to top Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.