Skip to content

Pulmonary Embolism

Also known as Embolism

All discussions in this group

Next
  • pulmonary embolism and flying

hi everyone i was diagonised with pe on both lungs on the 15th of may 2017 i am now on rivaroxaban  15mg twice a day and 25mg of sildenafil 3 times a day i am due to fliy on a 9 hour flight on 11th of june 2017 now that iam aware of what i need to do i am willing to take my chances and fly but im...

Last reply
  • Scarring post PEs

I had hundreds of PEs in both lungs in 2013.  They were undiagnosed for 5 months and could have easily died.  Repeatedly was told it was anxiety.  After my suggestion, a pulmonary CT was done and a "heavy burden of clots" was discovered.  I have been on warfarin since and...

Last reply
  • Rivaroxiban causing dizzy spells?

I'm just short of 3 months post-PE on 20mg of rivaroxiban. A follow-up CT scan after 1 month showed both clots were gone, no scar tissue, etc. No heart damage. I'm back to exercising, was feeling great & just have occasional flank pain on the side the clots landed. Recently, I'm experiencing...

Last reply
  • Pulmo embolism

Hi ,I was diagnosed with multiple pie in both lungs but a large one in my right lung,I was given rivaroxiban to take and then basically sent home ,I still get out of breath and have a constant pain in the heart area like someone is standing on my chest .I have been told hey won't give me an echo...

Last reply
  • Pulmonary CT scan questions.

I've been told I need a CT scan to rule out the possibility of a pulmonary embolism. However I suffer from severe anxiety and, upon having a cannula fitted to inject contrast dye, I had a severe panic attack and had to leave the hospital. I was wondering if there was an alternative to a cannula...

Last reply
  • PE and Hypotension

I had PE in July 2017 and was placed on blood thinners for 6 mo, just got off the blood thinners in January and on my most recent CT scan the emboli had cleared up. Before I was diagnosed with PE I had an incident of fainting at work, I recently had the same thing happen. My blood pressure dropped to...

Last reply
  • Normal

It’s been six months since I was diagnosed with multiple blood clots, can anyone tell me when I should start feeling myself again, I really struggle to walk my legs always hurting!! Pains in my chest and back, (didn’t have clots in my lungs) I am only 50 years old but I feel I’m trapped in the body of...

Last reply
  • Chronic fatigue

I had a massive PE in February, I'm a 66 year old female who was reasonably fit, but now I'm so tired all the time ! Will this go and does anyone else have this problem? Kind regards Linda 

Last reply
  • My 14 year old daughter had PE after long haul flight

In July 2016 my daughter and I took a 12 hour flight and upon arrival she collapsed! We thought she was just feeling weak, so thought nothing of it! She kept complaining of shortness of breath and chest pressure and we thought it was a cold coming! 7 days later she starts perspiring and then collapses...

Last reply
  • Exercise

Hi folks. I was diagnosed with multiple PEs in my lungs about a month ago and prescribed Apixaban. I am 52 but have always been relatively fit - I completed the National Three Peaks last year for example and am a kid's football coach. I am now out of breath all the time and although the DVT say I...

Last reply
  • Paranoia

Hello everyone, I collapsed September 2017, was rushed into hospital where I had ct scan, I was told I had multiple blood clots, legs, spleen, kidneys, bowels and heart. I spent two weeks in critical care where I was not allowed to move, I’m now on warfarin for life!! 7 months on and i really struggle...

Last reply
  • Tiny subsegmental pulmonary emboli

I've always had chest pain and upper back spasms with tight breathing due to costochondritis and anxiety. When it started up again this past week my doc ran a d-dimer and it was elevated at 1630. My chest CT showed a tiny subsegmental pulmonary embolism in each lung. They put me on eliquis...

Last reply
  • Should I push to come off apoxafan?.....

Hello, I had an ovarian cyst the size of a melon 6 months ago, it was 27 x 20 cms and I looked 9 months pregnant. The cyst was pressing on blood vessels in my back, blocking the blood flow and the result was a very swollen left leg and clots to my lungs. These showed up on a CT scan, I had no symptoms,...

Last reply
  • Ongoing cough for 4 years, blood clots in lungs.

After numerous GP visits after a year diagnosed with multiple blood clots in both lungs. After several bouts of bronchitis, have been seen twice this year at Chest clinic. Now got "non asthmatic eosonophilic bronchitis". Streroids given last year gave me symptoms of DVT although Consultant...

Last reply
  • Just out of the hospital - my story

About 4 weeks ago or so I had some pain in my right calf. I thought I pulled a muscle but after about 5 days it was gone. The following week I had pain in my left calf. So I thought it was maybe my shoes. It never went away and after googling my symptoms and doing the “tests” I didn’t think I had dvt....

Last reply
  • Alcohol and rivaroxaban blood thinners

Hi guys, before my p.e,I enjoyed a drink or two or three socially.doctors told me i can only have a glass of wine or two and need to limit alcohol intake. How do I deal with this? Has any body been advised to limit alcohol or stop altogether.

Last reply
  • Possible pe

I have been experiencing shortness of breath, random rapid heart rate for over a month. My doctor ordered an echo that was negative. I do have mild mitral regurgitation. An EKG came back with abnormalities. D- diner test slightly elevated. I saw a cardiologist and he said my EKG coulde normal to me,...

Last reply
  • Chronic bronchitis after PE?

I'm getting very concerned. I had a bilateral massive PE almost 2.5 years ago. Since then, I don't seem to be very healthy. For example, I was sick this entire last summer for about 2.5 months with asthma/bronchitis and right now I've been sick for a month with this terrible bronchitis. It...

Last reply
  • Continued discomfort after a PE

I had a PE 2 years ago but I still get intermittent chest pain in my upper chest Even now. It is not brought on by exercise and does not go away when I put pressure on the area. I never had this before the PE. Has anyone else had a similar experience to myself?

Last reply
  • PE and working 12 hour shifts

I was diagnosed with a PE this past Monday night. I honestly never seen it coming. I had woke up about a week earlier with a super sore and sensitive calf. But just blew it off to a pulled muscle or something. I am 37 and a blood clot just never crossed my mind. A week later, I find out I have a PE in...

Last reply
  • Pulmonary Embolism and ILD

My mother who had breathing difficulties for some time was diagnosed with Pulmonary Embolism. The treatment was done and the thrombus diagnosed was removed but on the discharge she was said to have ILD and was suggested to be on oxygen therapy with her lungs having been damaged. Has any one come across...

Posted
  • I’m a mess - 4 days post discharge for massive bilateral PEs

Hi all Had a knee op 3 weeks ago, woke up 13 days ago just before 3am and experienced heart palpitations and shortness of breath (which I’d had for a couple of days previously but explained it away). Ambulanced to A&E who pretty rapidly diagnosed large bilateral PEs and heart strain. Was on CCU...

Last reply
  • Same symptoms - Finally figured out

Hi. I know this is an old post but just wanted to add my experience. I am 38F. I have had spinal fusion on lower spine which led to a 10 year addiction of pain medication. I have had numerous kidney stone removals and stent placements and gallbladder removed. I have had high blood pressure for years....

Last reply
  • Slightly Elevated D-Dimer (Third Time)

Hello everyone!  I'm very scared at the moment and would really appreciate your advice. I'm 25 years old and stopped birth control bbout 4 months ago after I went to the hospital complaining of chest pain with a high heart rate and shortness of breath. After testing my blood they told me...

Last reply
  • Pulmanary Embolism has me worried

I was admitted to the hospital on 2/6/18 and diagnosed with a small clot in my lung, Pulmanary Embolism.  So now my questions are; Will this clot ever leave my lung?  If so, how will I know? Since I just had the PE I’ve been asking my Pulmonologist many questions, but I’d rather hear what others...

Last reply
  • Post Afib why would my doc prescribe Eliquis?

My Afib was fixed via an ablation 5 years ago.  I have NOT had Afib in 5 years.  My ablation doc said take one 325mg aspirin everyday for the rest of your life.  NOW my new heart doc says he wants me on Eliquis.  After three 24 hour holters over 5 years, a few ECGs several docs listening...

Last reply
  • Possible PE, confused about what my GP is doing.

Sorry to make this lengthy. I have been having consistent shortness of breath for about 2 weeks now. At first I immediately went to my GP, they ran blood work, EKG, and ECG. All were normal. Now 2 1/2 weeks later and I am still out of breath. My GP thinks anxiety so she prescribed me 10mg Lexapro. I...

Last reply
  • What's your PE chest pain/pain in general like?

I was just wondering what your pain is like if you have any. Is all chest pain worse when breathing or does it just happen isolated? Does your pain radiate anywhere? I'm also curious to see what your breathing/daily life was like before diagnosis. Thanks guys!

Last reply
  • PE follow up

Hi I got disagnoised up a PE back in November however I ended up back in hospital last weekend they thought it was another however they did not find another PE after speaking with doctor on the phone this week he said the following if you was 50 an this was your first clot then u could get a full body...

Last reply
  • First Primary Doc App't Since PE

My primary doc ordered blood work requiring 17 vials! Among other things, he's looking for a genetic marker for my blood clot. He does think the event was caused by a combination of immobilization + dehydration and expects me to be on Xarelto for 4 months, unless of course, a genetic marker is found....

Last reply
  • Got a 11 hour flight in 2 weeks

Hello all Got a flight to America in 2 weeks it's 11 hours long. Has any one got any tips please? Also what medication did you take ? I've heard some people took claxan or just a asprine Thanks

Last reply
  • Scared I have PE or DVT

I’m 18 and I live a very sedentary life, like I’m always sitting or laying down. I have low bp and tachycardia if that matters. But I noticed last week when I was standing that my legs were itching and I looked down and they were purple with white spots and so I freaked out and sat down and as soon as...

Last reply
  • Different pains and sensations after PE

Hi all, I’d like some advice please. I’m a 41 year old woman, overweight and was a smoker. I had a massive PE that I’m told broke in to several large clots in both lungs in December 2017.  I quite smoking instantly and I am eating very healthily since.  Just over two months later, I’m experiencing...

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.