MPE in 2019 but still feel pain/shortness of breath. Is this normal?

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hi All,

I had multiple PE's in both lungs back in May 2019. I was on 2 blood thinning injections daily for 6 months before being discharged.

Doctor didnt give me much information regarding life after the PE's but did say my lungs would be scarred. I have researched online and it says that due to scarring i may feel pain for sometime.

I feel much better in myself now and have made sure i'm more fit and active but i still get days where i just dont feel like the air will go in my lungs and my lungs are aching. This happens around once every 10 days.

A considerable amount of time has passed since I had my pulmonary embolisms so ive always taken these pains and shortness of breathe as side effects and must be due to scarring on my lungs but has anyone else found this? Is this normal?

Thanks,

Katie

1 like, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.