Think i might have passed a pulmonary embolism 3 years that went untreated?

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hello as the title says i have a feeling i might have had a pulmonary embolism. About 3 years ago i was taking a walk to get some new shoes and on the way there i noticed some shortness of breath didn't think much of it i thought it was just asthma has gotten worse. I didn't have health insurance at the time so i just brushed it off and asked my doctor to just give me an albuterol inhaler which actually made my breathing worse. Anyway i guess i didn't care about my health at the time and the symptoms weren't bad enough to go to the emergency department which i kinda regret know. Anyway, the shortness of breath continued for a couple months i believe it was atleast 7 or 8 months. And then i had a very weird episode at work while breaking down the load i felt lots of pain in my chest i literally thought i was gonna die but the pain caused my breathing to go back to normal. And i can finally take a deep breath again. After that episode i had some mild chest pains that came and went for a couple more months but i was just happy my breathing was back to normal. I didn't seek medical care at all which i know i was stupid. But after doing some research online i think i might have had a pulmonary embolism and i did start taking fish oil and vitamin e since i heard they are natural blood thinners. Anyway, 3 years later here i am still alive not sure exactly how but my lungs aren't as good as they once were and my asthma has gotten worse since that episode. Do you think it was a pulmonary embolism? because i have high suspicions it was . Honestly, i have health insurance know and i think it might be time to ask for some scans to check for the damage as im pretty sure i have permanent damage as i still get chest pains sometimes especially colds flare it up not sure how. I have been taking fish oil and vitamin e for about 2 years know and lost about 60 pounds since that episode. What do you think?

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.