[Pic] Phimosis Problems

Posted , 6 users are following.

Basically I'm 14 and just realised that you're supposed to pull back the foreskin. I try stretching but nothing is happening. I'm conserned. I am not going to any doctors or getting any surgery. Will this fix itself?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Are you able to upload a pic? 

The foreskin is actually attached to the glans and cant be retracted in young boys. It eventually becomes detached. 

Are you having difficulty retracting the foreskin when it is flaccid or with an erection? 

• Posted

If you're only 14, then it will probably fix itself.  How far can you pull it back though, when soft and when hard?  Don't force it.  A steroid cream from a doctor may help, but it's probably too early for that.

That pic isn't viewable btw.  This should help you add images:

https://patient.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/402861-how-do-i-add-an-image-to-my-post

If you're using a phone or tablet, you may need to choose the desktop/PC option in your browser.

• Posted

If it never releases, it's not necessarily a problem, depending how far you can pull it back in order for the meatus (pee hole) to be exposed for free flow of urine and semen and for washing. What isn't desirable is for it to be an obstruction during sex with a partner as it can then get caught and be injured or that if/when you do loosen it enough to pull it back that it gets stuck behind your glans. That can cut off blood supply and is an emergency requiring urgent medical help. By the way, if you do have problems with tightness if/when you retract you foreskin, there are methods for gradually stretching it using special creams prescribed by your doctor. If that doesn't work there is a surgical procedure which can loosen it. What you never need to consent to is full circumcision, which would rob you of thousands of pleasure nerve endings.

• Posted

Hello Jack!

?All males are born with nonretractable forskins, so we've all been through this at some point. It varies from person to person when you can pull back, in during the first few years, during the teens or it simply stays that way to some who can then choose to do something about it or not bother. If Your foreskin is really tight then it's not likely to get stuck behind the glans during sex as it then won't be able to retract at all. This only can happen to those who's got a foreskin that's a little tight, but not really. Yes, it can fix itself. The foreskin is is quite flexible, it's usually the tip that's really tight. If you stretch, then only pull the foreskin gently forward and not backwards and try to make the tip of the foreskin wider by stretching it gently to both sides at the same time, but never try to force the foreskin backwards over the glans, that's not the way to do it. You could try this when you're in the bath and feeling warm and adding some cream. There are also some cream made for this purpose that you can buy at the pharmacy. Your foreskin will in any case most likely get wider by time as a cause of being sexually active over time. To some guys the forskin gets too wide by time and slides back whole the time in your underwear. However there are also those that don't bother if the foreskin is tight and some even finds it more attractive than if it wasn't and as a turn on without needing to going into detail, it's in any case nothing to be ashamed or worrying too much about, as everybody has been this way from the start. Whatever you choose to do, don't panic or anything. Your foreskin has been this way for your entire life until now. It's not a condition that suddently happened. Whatever you choose to do, relax and don't worry. It's not an illness or anything. :-)

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.