?Problem after Slap tear surgery...

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hi 

I had sugery for a slap tear in the labrum of my right shoulder 3 weeks ago. It seemed to be settling well until 3 days ago when I woke the an increased amount of pain and a significant amount of brusing on the front of the shoulder. The brusing is worse than it was post op and moving the shoulder hurts more than it did last week. I was 3 days into the start of PT, with hind sight I was probably pushing it a but too much but I didnt experience any significant pain during the exersices (passive ROM) and i have been religious in wearing my sling and protecting the arm.

Very worried I have retorn something, spoke to my consultant who just said to take it easy & see him as planned in 3 weeks.

Has anybody had any similar experiences or words of wisdom?

Thanks

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hello, ugh...sorry to hear about your surgery and rehab.  Are you icing several times a day??  If not, get to it!!  Freeze water bottles or use cold soda (cans) which seem to contour to our shoulders reliably, reusable gel cold compresses, baggies full of ice....  ICE ICE ICE.  Are you using any OTC pain meds or Rx meds to help manage pain and discomfort?  Are you using a sling and foam block?  Slow and steady.  Think baby steps at this stage of your recovery and rehab.  There is no shame to slow and steady baby steps.  YOU WILL BE OKAY!  If the pain escalates discuss with PT and revisit your doctor.  SLOW AND STEADY.  You will make it!!!  Hang in there!!

• Posted

Thanks for the advice & the positive words.  Ive not been icing much so I'll try that and see how it goes

• Posted

YOU MUST ICE!! 2-3 times a day!!  At some point ask your PT about heat too.  GET TO IT!!! YOU WILL MAKE IT THROUGH!!!  
    • Posted

PS make sure to inform your doctor of your change in condition too!!  

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.