Skip to content
Ad

Shoulder Problems

Also known as Rotator Cuff Injury

Can you help? Discussions needing a reply

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Total left reverse shoulder replacement - please help!!

Hi there, I'm very new to this so please bare with me. My name is laura, I have just turned 32 years Old and just had operation number 17 on my left shoulder, the latest in the long line was a total reverse replacement on 25/05/13, I know some of you will be thinking its too soon to tell if it...

Last reply
  • Recovering From Reverse Total Shoulder Replacement

Surgery 4 weeks ago. Incision healing well. Basic surgery seems to be progressing well. BUT, ... I have all the classic symptoms of radial nerve damage. Numbness near thumb/ can't straighten fingers or wrist/ numbness at outside of upper arm.    Anyone else experience this?  I'm...

Last reply
  • Fractured neck of humerus - tips/ inspiration please

I fell 4 days ago and instantly knew I’d done some damage! I have a fractured neck of humerus and am in a sling with OP appointment next Tuesday. I cannot believe the pain!! I thought I had a good threshold but am literally in tears . Despite Naproxen and Tramadol ( this is someone who doesnt “do” painkillers!)...

Last reply
  • Surgery.... T-minus 2 weeks

Hi all! I am having my third (and hopefully last ever) shoulder surgery in two weeks. I am have a bankart repair and repairing two bicep tendon tears. I am starting to have some anxiety remembering previous surgery, pain, discomfit, etc. can anyone give me any advice that they have used to help decrease...

Posted
  • Can anyone help me?

I am an 18 year old female. I got in a skiing accident last February and lost all range of motion. I had extremely bad pain and painful popping after it. I went to PT for about 4 months. After PT I had almost all my range of motion back but still had painful poping and none of my strength. On September...

Last reply
  • Aching arm after shoulder surgery 4 months on

I had rotator cuff and torn tendon repair 4 months ago. I still get an aching arm most days and have become very clicky, more so than before the opp.  I appreciate there is pain for many months after this operation, but I don't see any sign of easing, if anything, some days are getting worse....

Last reply
  • Undiagnosed shoulder pain

Severe pain in shoulder which goes down arm and into hand. Also in neck. Limited arm movement. This all started following an injection for hayfever back in March. The injection was very painful and pain in shoulder, neck and arm has not gone away. I can find information on Shoulder Injury Related to...

Last reply
  • Having issues after shoulder surgery.

Hi. I had rotator repair in July. I was doing good until three weeks when something popped and I went into excruciating pain. None of the pain medicine would even help. I called the Dr and was told to go to the emergency room. Of course the emergency room couldn't help. I went to the Drs office...

Last reply
  • Recurring injury- please help!!

A couple months ago some friends and I bought some old boxing gloves to spar around in. I was mid bout when I threw a left hook, nothing reckless, and I landed flush on his forearm and my arm stopped and it almost felt like my shoulder kept going. I've never dislocated anything that I know of but...

Last reply
  • Need to vent

I really just need to vent. I dont k ow anyone in my circle to vent to cuz none of them know what I've been dealing with so I came here because so many can relate and maybe someone can give some advice. This Feb will mark 3 yrs since my shoulder injury. Next month will be a yr and a half since...

Last reply
  • Rotator Cuff Surgery-4 weeks post-op

First two weeks after surgery the pain was intense and I could not sleep unless I was in a recliner. Have been wearing the immobilized  but have a tendency to remove it when I know that there is no risk of injury. I do wear it at night but find I can't sleep good because I am not a back sleeper....

Last reply
  • 10 Months after shoulder surgery and I am worse

Hi all on Jan 31, 2017 I had a shoulder decompression and they shaved Bursa too. I had five months PT and my shoulder never healed and has gotten worse. I have real bad burning and ache in my right shoulder. My doc did an MRI three months ago and it showed the shoulder is inflamed and swollen but yet...

Last reply
  • pmr chest infection

after a chest infection. and having to up from 2mg to 3..5. mg,   do I have to go back to the slowly slowly reduction.  or can I get back to 2 mg   more quickly.      I originaly blamed my gp for having me reduce quickly.  but 2 and 2 together it ...

Posted
  • Recurring Boxing injury- shoulder

A couple months ago some friends and I bought some old boxing gloves to spar around in. I was mid bout when I threw a left hook, nothing reckless, and I landed flush on his forearm and my arm stopped and it almost felt like my shoulder kept going. I've never dislocated anything that I know of but...

Last reply
  • 6 Weeks Post Op

My problems began in July when I heard a rip in my right shoulder while bench pressing 225 pounds.  After suffering for 2 months, an MRI confirmed a full thickness supraspinatus tear.  Between the time of my MRI and my surgery I managed to damage the tendon even more.  I will be at 6 weeks...

Last reply
  • Worried re: Reverse total shoulder replacement

Can anyone who has had a similar dilemma to myself give me any advice/insight  re the above. I am a 66 yr old female (in otherwise good health).  I have had 3 rotator cuff repair surgeries to my Right shoulder. The last was in January 2017. Sadly this was not successful. I still have pretty...

Last reply
  • Dressing up an arm sling!

Hi folks. I’ll probably still need to wear my sling around Christmas ( and possibly also holiday abroad ). I’ve been looking on line for fashion/ bling slings and can only find one company that makes these. They’re in USA and though the slings are gorgeous - they cost around £30-£40. Does...

Last reply
  • Rotator cuff surgery 9/6/17 complications

My story, On June 26, 17 I was driving to our cabin, we only had 5 miles left before we arrived, when a deer out of no where came into my path, touch the hood of my car, I swirl and drove my car 80 feet into the woods. I tore a few tendons on my left shoulder. In October 7 th had rotator cuff surgery...

Last reply
  • Sudden Bicep pain after rotator cuff and bicep repair

I am 6 weeks post rotator cuff/SAD/bicep tenodesis. Everything was going normal until today at 6 weeks when I was allowed to remove my sling. I slept fine and woke up with no pain. I got up, happily removed sling, went to bathroom, pulled up my pants and went to adjust pants by slightly reaching behind...

Last reply
  • Rotator cuff injury advice

Hi So back in July I woke one more to what felt like a pulled muscle in my upper arm. I put it down to maybe sleeping funny and assumed it would get better in time. Anyway it didn’t, the pain gradually got worse I couldn’t lift my arm above my head, so things like washing and brushing my hair became...

Last reply
  • Anna

3 months out from total shoulder replacement. Doing PT and daily exercises at home. Was doing better and PT few days ago was very painful. Since then having hard time moving shoulder without pain. Pain also keeping me up at night. Worried at PT something got torn or damaged. Just wonder if anyone else...

Last reply
  • Tendinous Reconstructions

Just wanted to know if anybody had any experiences with drilled holes (bone tunnels) in either their clavicle or acromion and grafts inserted inside them held in place with some type of anchor (ie. interference screw).  Were they painful at the bone, stiff, lax?  Whatever you can share would...

Last reply
  • Torn Tendon. Whether to operate or not!

18 months ago I was in intense agony after a bad fall. I was referred by my doctor to have a scan which showed a total rupture of the Super Epinauex Tendon in my shoulder. The break was one and a half cmts at that time. I saw an Orthopedic surgeon in Bordeaux who told me that he could either operate...

Last reply
  • Clavicle surgical plate discomfort

OK so its been two years since my op to fix my fractured displaced clavicle. Its only recently over the last couple weeks I've been getting some really uncomfortable shooting pains around the original break site. Also its starting to irritate even with loose clothing. (On what i think is a unrelated...

Last reply
  • Got shoulder surgery 18 months ago still feels weak?

Hi I got keyhole surgery on my left shoulder 18 months ago and I still have very little strength in it. Has anyone ever heard of this? I done my physio he was happy with my progression, but 18 months later it still feels bad I get shooting pains through it sometimes I got the surgery over a constant...

Last reply
  • 5 months post surgery activity question

I'm a little over 5 months and still having pain.   I am a crafter, so I am always doing something.  You wouldn't think scrapping, card making would hurt your shoulder but it does, quite a bit.   Is this too soon to actually use my shoulder?  I'm pretty frustrated with...

Last reply
  • Ruptured biceps tendon 10 year old injury

Is it too late to have a biceps tenodisis performed after about 10 years.  I have a supraspinatus tendon tear and was wondering while the tear was being repaired if the end of the biceps tendon is viable enough for the tenodisis? Thanks in advance for any advice

Last reply
  • Frozen shoulder at 18?

Hi,  I am a 18 year old female who was just diagnosed with frozen shoulder. How did I get this so young? Is my doctor even correct? Last winter I fell on my shoulder while snowboarding. The doctors didn’t see a tear and just told me I sprained it. After doing 4 months of PT I could finally move...

Last reply
  • Shoulder, Arm, Neck, and Back Pain

I'm 16 years old, the last time that I've been to the doctor was last month. On Thursday, October 26th, I woke up and stretched one of my arms (my left arm) and it started hurting really bad. The thing was that I didn't even pull my arm that hard and the pain should not have been that bad....

Last reply
  • My story 7 months post op labral tear repair...RETEAR :(

So you ask why I am writing this. I feel that I would like to get my story out there, to share my experience so that others are not caught off guard like I was. Just so you understand where I’m coming from. I am 35 yrs. old and have never been sick like this ever in my life. I always considered myself...

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.