Skip to content

Shoulder Problems

Also known as Rotator Cuff Injury

Can you help? Discussions needing a reply

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Recurrent shoulder dislocation.

Hey everyone, I dislocated my left shoulder in a bike accident(along with a fractured femur) about an year ago. Reports said i had an "SUBCORACOID ANTERIOR DISLOCATION". Everything was fine until i had another dislocation on the same left shoulder because of severe cough while i was …

Last reply
  • Aching arm after shoulder surgery 4 months on

I had rotator cuff and torn tendon repair 4 months ago. I still get an aching arm most days and have become very clicky, more so than before the opp.  I appreciate there is pain for many months after this operation, but I don't see any sign of easing, if anything, some days are getting …

Last reply
  • 11 months Post op arthroscopic pain

I have been in alot of pain since having my surgery 11 months ago. Still very stiff, feels like nerve pain that travels up my neck and down my arm to my fingers. Anyone have any problems long after the surgery? Feels like I'm going backwards instead of forward 😭

Last reply
  • Pain 3 months after surgery

In april i had shoulder surgery. The dr was able to fix the rotator cuff tear with debredement and I also had subrascapular nerve entrapement. I am still in a lot of pain. Some days the pain is worse than before surgery. The surgeron keeps saying there is nothing in there keeping me from lifting …

Last reply
  • Shoulder pain and lump

Well, the other day, I was playing football, and when I went to save the ball, my shoulder went right in front of my chest. Ever since, my shoulder has had mild to moderate pain, and it is bigger than the other. It is my left shoulder. Its certainly not dislocated, because I can still move my arm …

Posted
  • Shoulder Rehabilitation after surgery

HI All I am 6 weeks post surgery and have started physio -  ouch did that hurt! I have been given loads of exercises which I am doing religiously but there is one "Shoulder forward elevation" where I have to lift my arm above my head, I use my good arm and a stick to raise it and I …

Last reply
  • After Rotator Cuff Surgery-when will the pain end?

I am a 56 year old female who usually has a high tolerance for pain. I had rotator cuff surgery on 12/15/16. I had one anchor placed during arthroscopic surgery for a full rotator cuff tear and bone spur removal. I'm having lots of pain, especially at night. I slept in a recliner for one week. …

Last reply
  • 6 weeks post op following rotator repair What now

I had my rotator cuff repair almost 6 weeks ago All seems to be going ok Because of my age 76 plus s degree of osteoporosis I am being treated gently I am about 2-3 weeks behind what their plans would probably be The idea that each patient's needs are different I am now being weaned off the …

Last reply
  • 4 labral tear surgery. 3 weeks post op.

I had surgery 3 weeks ago for my 4th labral tear with a different Dr. I'm STILL experiencing a lot of pain in the same area as all of my previous tears. The Dr said to start weaning off the pain med he gave. Previously I've had a prescription for 2 months but didn't need them all. Would …

Last reply
  • There's nothing they can do

Over a year ago I experienced a slap tear....didn't cause a ton of problems....then a year ago I fell on my shoulder and had terrible pain....had 3 MRIs, x ray, 3 steroid injections....was diagnosed with frozen shoulder...the previous 2 injections didn't work but this last one I think I …

Last reply
  • Sudden Bicep pain after rotator cuff and bicep repair

I am 6 weeks post rotator cuff/SAD/bicep tenodesis. Everything was going normal until today at 6 weeks when I was allowed to remove my sling. I slept fine and woke up with no pain. I got up, happily removed sling, went to bathroom, pulled up my pants and went to adjust pants by slightly reaching …

Last reply
  • Shoulder Support

Last October, I was playing softball and while I was trying to catch a fly ball, I landed on my left shoulder.  I think it was a dislocation.  I went to see two orthopedic doctors and one of them recommended surgery then PT.  The second one recommended PT then surgery.  Since I …

Last reply
  • Total left reverse shoulder replacement - please help!!

Hi there, I'm very new to this so please bare with me. My name is laura, I have just turned 32 years Old and just had operation number 17 on my left shoulder, the latest in the long line was a total reverse replacement on 25/05/13, I know some of you will be thinking its too soon to tell if …

Last reply
  • Physical Therapy

Just wondering how long you all went to physical therapy.  Not home exercises,  but going into  a therapy office.   Especially if you had repeat surgery or an extensive procedure.    I've been going for a little over 3 months.  When I saw my surgeon last …

Last reply
  • Worried I am lifting my Shoulder 9 days post op?

I had my rotator cuff repair on 12th June. Very pleased as I was expecting a patch Saw Physio yesterday just for wound check. I am just doing a few basic hand and lower arm exercises neck etc I am finding getting in and out of the sling very difficult Going to buy anew one getting dressed is a …

Last reply
  • Extreme pain 5 weeks post slap/decompression

Hi everyone, I’m a 35 year old male, this is my first post here and hoping someone might have some answers or suggestions for me.  I’m 5 weeks post surgery for a labrum tear in my shoulder from 10-11 o’clock so quite small really, as well as a subacromial decompression and clavicle resection. …

Last reply
  • Shoulder Latarjet Procedure

Hi All After some advice from anyone who has had the above surgery done?  I find it really hard to find anyone online with experience of this surgery. The history-  I had regular shoulder dislocation and had a labrum repair and tightening of the capsule via athroscopic procedure in 2003, …

Last reply
  • Can a bicep strain cause a bulge?

Long story short.... I had a failed bicep tenodesis repaired in February and two weeks ago I was doing yard work and lifted a tarp with soil on it that ended up being heavier than I thought. When I lifted it, I felt a stretch/strain in my operated arm. Then a few days later I noticed a bulge in my …

Last reply
  • Dull Throbbing Pain???

For the past four days I’ve had a dull throbbing pain in my shoulder, which has now gone into my neck. The throbbing pain gets worse when I move my arm, but especially gets worse whenever I turn my head and my neck moves.  I haven’t lifted anything heavy or done any exercise so I don’t know …

Last reply
  • Failed Rotator Cuff Surgery

Yesterday my surgeon said my surgery was a failure. I am clicking, popping and aching. Getting an MRI to see what is going on. I’m pretty sure I will not repeat the surgery since the recovery was so hard but do want to know what’s happening.  We knew going it it would be problematic as I have …

Last reply
  • Chronic shoulder pain for 6 years

Hi, I have searched the forums here, and basically everywhere, but I cannot find anything resembling my condition. My hope is that someone has experienced something similar. For 6 years, I have been experiencing shoulder pain. At first, it would come and go. I assumed it was from writing on a …

Last reply
  • Shoulder issues

Hi I am 39 and my profession is a window cleaner so repetitive strain on trapezial on left hand side.  7 years off pain, 2 MRI and both come back as muscular and no tear in muscle. Problem I’m facing is that I have seen various physiotherapist and chiropractor and osteopaths and also tried …

Last reply
  • Suprascapular nerve block?

I have keyhole surgery for a tear to the rotator cuff  Unfortunately my Surgeon was unable to repair the tear as it was very frayed.  He did a bursectomy ASD I think it is called and really cleaned all the joint up.  There was a lot of inflammation in the joint.    …

Last reply
  • Shoulder pain 3 years

Was taking zapain stopped working 4 months ago i tried tramadol from emergency doctor said should start taking it 50g × 2 x 4 times week asked my doctor refused. Im in agony what shall i do my family is to suffeering with my problem.

Last reply
  • Preparing for Third surgery

So, I saw a surgeon last week and he looked up the MRI and he says there is a retear on my supertanius tendon and since I am still young (30 yo) he thinks it needs to be reattached.  And he is confident that I will have full functions and be free of pain. I am just wondering is there anyone …

Last reply
  • Chris Owen

After 2 years my tablets zapaine have not reduced my pain for 5 months now my chronic pain is now unbelievable. 2 weeks ago I Was rushed to the accident and emergency with so much pain, on my arrival after some time a saw a duty doctor who mentioned I Should be taking a higher dose about 40g. …

Last reply
  • replacement shoulder

I am 11 weeks post opp.  I also had a fracture of the humourus as well as shoulder replacement after accident.  My shoulder is still extreamley stiff and painfull . I am having physical therapy once a week , but continue with the excersises at home.  My problem is I am finding it …

Last reply
  • Seven days away from ONE year anniversary of revision...

OMG...seven days away from the one year anniversary of shoulder revision surgery and the supraspinatus ripped off again while doing something that should NOT have caused the failure again.  Lost ROM, e.g., reach, raise, lift hand/arm overhead.  Pronounced pain over the repair site bone/ …

Last reply
  • My Surgeon manages to repair it

I have written before following my surgery April 2017 On 12 th June (Tuesday) I had my rotator cuff repaired. I am so delighted as my Surgeon had told me he was going to attempt to patch it or if not then a balloon spacer. Following the surgery he told me he managed to free things up (the cuff was …

Last reply
  • Protruding Suture Anchor

Hello.   I am 8 weeks out from shoulder decompression surgery.   At 5 weeks post op I had a horrible pain when trying to wash my face.  I stood up and held my shoulder and in about 30 seconds I felt something move.  At my first follow up the Dr did a 2nd MRI.  …

Last reply
  • Nerve damage from reverse shoulder replacement surgery

i am 58 years old and had a reverse shoulder replacement 7 weeks ago. i have swellingin my arm and hand, no use of bicep, no use of tricep, numbnessof forearm, hand and upper arm. i can raise my wrist and curl my wrist after constant pt. my fingers are swollen but they all seem to work. just no …

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.