Shoulder decompression.

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hi, I've had both left and right shoulder operated on for decompression.

The left in 2013. The right done twice in 2016 and 2017.

The left has stated hurting again. Just this last month. And I can't get my arm behind my back. Exactly the same problem as before.

My question is, has anyone had a second operation on the shoulder. I was told by the surgeon they wouldn't do them again?

Not sure why because they had to chip away at the bone and spur, for better movement. Clearly more bone has grown back, so no amount of physio will correct that.

I'm also waiting for a scan in the hip. Been paying for private physio for the last 9 months. I do loads of exercises every day. For years.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.