5 weeks post shoulder decompression

Posted , 2 users are following.

hi

I've had shoulder decompression surgery 5 weeks ago. I was making a fairly good recovery and then about 3/4 weeks i I ramped up the physio . My shoulder is now painful, stiff and just feels over all irritated and sore particulary around the ball and top of arm, shoulder blade I've stopped these excersises and just gone back to my post op excersises , im so disappointed , does anyone have an experience with this will it improve again. Really starting to feel i cant see any light at the tunnel( plus i had a numb elbow post surgery ?? ) just just starting to thaw out !! ) Any advise reassurance greatly received

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

hi kate

know how ya feel been through the wringer as well with FS.

had both shoulders decompressed. sept 2020 right . and had the full monty to the left sept 2021.

i went gun ho on the physio on the left and ruined the SAD and the 360° capsule removal.

i thought re doing the physio hard would help the joint. doing more i thought it would recover better.

now had my bicep tendon repositioned " tenodnesis".

lesson learned this time i am listening to my body and doing conservative physio. i have had to compromise losing slight range of motion to avoid the ache.

did the surgeon go front and back ( two holes ) and did you have the neck block ( inter-scalene injection).

my front shoulder i had no neck block. i was red in the face with pain post op. could not even move me arm to exercise.

take it slowly listen to your joint talking. if it flares up slow down and wait.

the tortoise will win.

this operation now is me last chance saloon. off now for 4-5 months recovering

stay strong stay positive. we have lots of chatter on the frozen shoulder group.

colin

• Posted

Thank you ,I just hope i havnt done any damage , ive had a really bad day today, feels like more pain, tightness, stiffness than immediately post op yes they went in front, side and back of my arm and i had a nerve block. I didnt have a frozen shoulder, i had an impingement caused by chronic bursitis. may have to try see my consultant again this week as havnt an appt for another 3 weeks , i just so mad as i was really doing OK, so disheartening

• Posted

hi kate

just love the neck injection. such a dead arm.

i depended on my ice machine. it killed the pain instantly and took down the inflammation.

it was my weapon and still use it to this day at crap times.

it will get better and the light in the tunnel is bright. just take it easy.

as we have all found with shoulders. they are so temperamental and so humbling. they can reduce a strong person to tears in seconds. .

and it is such a personal fight. some time a real lonely fight. people just dont get it.

hope it helps. keep in touch. stay positive

colin

• Posted

for reference i use

aircast cryo cuff. the ic unit is powered. it cost about £100..

worth more than gold to me.

colin

• Posted

hi kate again

i just noticed you mentioned you had a numb elbow post operation.

dont worry. mention it when you see the surgeon or consultant.

i had damage to the C5 which affected my tricep. it appeared week 3 to 4. for me it was the Auxiliary nerve. due to the traumatic swelling around the operation site.

mine went after week 9. scared the be-jebers out of me and felt so strange in physio.

if it is bothering you email the surgeon via his secretary. for his input. the less stressed you are the quicker you will heal.

me i am killing this rehab this time . in the hot tub. then light weights 2kg only. then theraband work and back into the hot tub . and sun tan time as well lol

colin

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.