Shoulder subacromial decompression pain post surgery

Posted , 3 users are following.

I had shoulder decompression surgery 6 months ago where I got 10cms bone shaved away. I still have pain every day. My consultant told me I can go back to doing excercises and what I did before and the pain should ease in the next few months.

Any advice? Yesterday I did some chest press machines and back and today my shoulder is in pain again.

It's depressing not knowing when this pain will be gone so I can get to what I love doing most at the gym.

1 like, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Edited

sometimes it takes longer than expected to heal after surgery. treat with heat /ice. anti inflammatory s and rest the shoulder . take it slow and easy now , recovery cannot be rushed . don't set yourself up for more surgery later in life. take care of your joints now...they will take care of you later in life when you need them the most. speaking from experience..

sending good vibes your way.

• Edited

hi Marc

wow thats a long time. i had S.A.D operation

was it a 10mm hook not a 10cm. when i had my right shoulder done it was as painful as sin for just over a week. then it improved week on week. i could have gone back to work on week 5 but opted to stay off till week 8 where i was fighting fit again. but still frozen up.

yup he done half a job while i was knocked out.

on my last operation the rehabilitation team said from day one if you hurt stop !!.

your shoulder seems a bit too long in recovery. could they have nicked a tendon or something.

i would call the surgeons secretary. raise your problems and keep them in the picture. i drew with felt pen over my shoulder with a pain score at each point. it got his attention. hence the tendon surgery this year.

keep a pain diary and pain relief total and express your worry.

my ache just never went away when i had A.C.R 360° operation on the left

now pain free and recovered. 4 years and 2 days it has taken. but i still give help to any one whom is just starting crap journey

colin

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.