Sharp pain in left shoulder blade for over a year

Posted , 4 users are following.

i have had pain, a stabbing sharp pain in my left shoulder blade. it is worse at rest, and stops me sleeping.or sitting and relaxing because of the pain. I'm worried about going to the doctors because they just always say everything I have is because I am fat!

I have been to a chiropractor and I have had acupuncture. which relieve the pain short term and the pain next subsided.

I heat my shoulder every day. I avoid position that cause more pain. I am an active person. I am a freelance groom, so I work with horses every day. and sometimes over doing it can her but as it's my left side and I'm right handed most the mucking out is done on my other side.

I. at a loss to what or where to go! has anyone experience anything like this and what happened? do I go to see a doctor? this has been going on over a year!

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Edited

hi rosalind

it would be a good idea to visit the GP. he may recommend a scan or MRI to find out the cause.

its good trying all these different people first ( i have as well). but sometimes a hospital visit may give you answers.

as it is persistent and affects your job there is a medical issue they should help with.

its no good living in pain.

colin

• Edited

yes Plz you need to see a doctor. tell the doctor not to say that over weight remark to you again ....to many in the past have insulted you long enough.. yikes..

there are many issues that could be causing shoulder blade pain, depending on the severity...keep going to the doctor until they find the source of your pain. in my case I had gallstone causing severe shoulder blade pain. it took several years and many doctors until the gallstones were finally diagnosed. i was told the pain was all in my head... for crying out loud...

and had shoulder blade pain again from a infection in the lining of my rib cage surrounding the lungs.

a free lance groom is hard work could also be a strained ligament. i'm not a doctor but i can really sympathize with the pain your coping with. i have horses and it is hard on the body caring caring them.

keep me posted ...on your diagnosis...

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.